• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
1) That doesn't tell us much, no? Only looks at p/60 for dmen
2) Hainsey is near the nexus and there really aren't too many outliers
3) Who is that Oilers player way off in the Underused?

Admittedly score and venue adjustments, because it ignores deployment data is a bit simplified for this, on top of using points versus possession. It should be considered that Hainsey:
  • plays a lot of minutes with Rielly
  • plays a lot of minutes on the PK (though the Leafs are the least penalized team IIRC)
  • plays a lot of minutes with the Leafs top two lines
  • plays a lot of minutes against top competition
The way I take it is even though Hainsey is given ample opportunity in who he plays with and how much he plays, it's not showing up in his production. Not to just regurgitate the graph, but it would be more beneficial to reduce the TOI in order to give players with better production more minutes to do so. He's definitely not the worse thing in the world, as you noted from his relative position. However, while P/60 is influenced by luck; deployment is completely controllable yet we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot for platitudes or intangibles or some shit.

Rielly does get a lot of PP time which bolsters his numbers, though I'm not sure if this is corrected for game state too. If this is 5v5/corrected and given the steadiness of the Leafs defensive pairings this looks even worse, and comes back down to (like Zaitsev) how can someone who is out there so much do so little?

Last edited:

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks my dudes!

Awesome man, congrats to you too!

Congrats dude! Baby girls are awesome. I used to prefer baby boys, but baby girls have won me over the past few years and I prefer them over baby boys now(they're more calm, happier, less violent/destructive as they start to get older 🙄).

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol, how have i never seen this?

0511_spo_ldn-l-mcdavid.jpg

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Price looking like he's in Hart form right now, going to do whatever he has to to drag this team into the playoffs. Score should be 6-1 for the Islanders.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
This is quite literally the worst powerplay I've seen a Habs team play with through an entire season

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Quite the late season collapse here by the Habs, I don't know what happened, but they haven't played well in weeks. Too many easy points left on the table while all the teams around them keep winning.

Oct 26, 2017

lol turris, to the press box with your stupid ass. Wish we had enough D-men worth a shit to put Ellis in time out too.

I might watch this game after all