• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
908zHdB.png

23qwerty

Oct 27, 2017
Daniel Sedin passes Markus Naslund for most 20+ goal seasons in franchise history with 11. God damn. Also I miss Naslund.

ShinRPGamer

Nov 4, 2017
That Satan Gif continues to freak me out. I am still unable to look away.

Hopefully we'll have more groups of fans that will look away as the month draws to its conclusion and they head to the off season OT.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Boeser has two goals and we still lost, win-win

Also outshot the Rangers 55-27 and somehow lost. good day for the tank.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Juulsen......I like him a lot. Between him and Mete we've got at least a solid second pairing lined up.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
How does one of the leagues top offense only score 1 goal against this team and Niemi?

Juulsen......I like him a lot. Between him and Mete we've got at least a solid second pairing lined up.
Really liking what I've seen from him so far, I didn't think he'd be this ready. Rielly seemed decent last night too, surprised he got PP time with Mete.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really liking what I've seen from him so far, I didn't think he'd be this ready. Rielly seemed decent last night too, surprised he got PP time with Mete.

I think ultimately Mete is a second pairing guy and Juulsen a third pairing guy if both are deployed correctly. In a tire fire year, it's nice to see a few glimmers of future hope like them.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
I think ultimately Mete is a second pairing guy and Juulsen a third pairing guy if both are deployed correctly. In a tire fire year, it's nice to see a few glimmers of future hope like them.
If they can find someone to play with Weber a defense corps of
xxx - Weber
Mete - Petry
Benn - Juulsen

Would actually be pretty decent. Just finding that top guy for Weber now....

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
According to Eklund Friedman, BargainBin asks for Pacioretty were:

- LA: Toffoli, Vilardi, +
- Minny: Coyle, +
- Florida: Trocheck

.......no wonder he's still a Hab.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yesterday I was driving my parents home, and we were talking about where they might move. They're both retired so they want to go somewhere that's cheaper to live (and with lower property values). My mom's nephew lives in Edmonton so we've been talking about that for a while, but yesterday I just suggested Winnipeg.

I was just putting it out there but I got a hilariously and unexpectedly negative reaction. My dad said, and I quote: "That's the worst city in the world!" My mom said: "It's too cold!"

I replied that I was sure it's not that bad, and the climate can't be that different from Edmonton, but they just insisted it would be awful, so I dropped it.

So that's the story of the time I tried to defend Winnipeg's honour.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday I was driving my parents home, and we were talking about where they might move. They're both retired so they want to go somewhere that's cheaper to live (and with lower property values). My mom's nephew lives in Edmonton so we've been talking about that for a while, but yesterday I just suggested Winnipeg.

I was just putting it out there but I got a hilariously and unexpectedly negative reaction. My dad said, and I quote: "That's the worst city in the world!" My mom said: "It's too cold!"

I replied that I was sure it's not that bad, and the climate can't be that different from Edmonton, but they just insisted it would be awful, so I dropped it.

So that's the story of the time I tried to defend Winnipeg's honour.

Send them over here, I'll show them a good time.

giphy.gif

Low property values, cheap to live, close to Torawnta

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was looking at the Habs picks this draft. 10 picks.

1st round: 1
2nd round: 4
3rd round: 1
4th round: 1
5th round: 3
6th round: 0
7th round: 0

So 10 picks in the first 5 rounds. If only Timmins could magically have a 2007 kind of draft in 2018.....4 second rounders is pretty sweet.

Oct 26, 2017
If they can find someone to play with Weber a defense corps of
xxx - Weber
Mete - Petry
Benn - Juulsen

Would actually be pretty decent. Just finding that top guy for Weber now....

did this season not happen?

Petry and Benn are very bad and we barely know what Juulsen can do (but I have hopes for him). + Weber is getting old with every wasted season, that corps would be mediocre at best not "pretty decent"

I was looking at the Habs picks this draft. 10 picks.

1st round: 1
2nd round: 4
3rd round: 1
4th round: 1
5th round: 3
6th round: 0
7th round: 0

So 10 picks in the first 5 rounds. If only Timmins could magically have a 2007 kind of draft in 2018.....4 second rounders is pretty sweet.

but again what for if Bergevin is still around

I literally can't read anything about the Habs future without just thinking "yeah but Bergevin is still there", send help

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Petry and Benn are very bad and we barely know what Juulsen can do (but I have hopes for him). + Weber is getting old with every wasted season, that corps would be mediocre at best not "pretty decent"

To me it's more like:

??-??
Mete-Weber
Petry-Juulsen

So like the bottom half is pretty good, but we need an entire 1st pairing. Even if we landed Dahlin we'd still need a #2.

Oct 26, 2017
To me it's more like:

??-??
Mete-Weber
Petry-Juulsen

So like the bottom half is pretty good, but we need an entire 1st pairing. Even if we landed Dahlin we'd still need a #2.

heeeeh sure that way it's better-ish, but then again we have a $8M aging dude on a second pair that kinda sucks

also Bergevin is still in charge of rebuilding that top 2

Red_

Oct 26, 2017

What are you talking about? Benn has been bad, but Petry has been fantastic and is having one of his best seasons, no idea what you've been watching

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Petry has for the most* part been good since Weber went down.

*oh lawd he had a brutal turnover a game or two back

Benn is atrocious.

Status
Not open for further replies.