• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yawnier

Oct 25, 2017
The worst part is I can see this getting even worse.

Like I can see this exact scenario unfolding....

Molson: "our team simply isn't good enough, so we have decided that the time has come to tear it down and rebuild..."

Solo: Fuck yessssssss

Molson: "....and I can't think of a better individual to lead us through this period of rebuilding into a championship calibre team than Marc Bergevin."

Solo: *suicides*
I don't see how Molson could keep Bergevin around as the GM if the Habs decide to tank and rebuild, you kind of need at least 1 guy to fall on the sword and take responsibility for their mistakes. It would be completely mind boggling to me anyways, like if the Leafs and Shanahan kept Dave Nonis around as GM for their rebuild after the 2014-2015 season.

19 & 21

Oct 25, 2017
YrWLuW7.png

Deleted member 4375

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm stuck at work and missed the Jets beating the Devils but I'm super happy that Perrault's return has made basically all of our lines a scoring threat. Love it.

Was worried a bit since the Devils seem legitimate this season so far but... I'm loving this season so far for the most part. Next up, Nashville on Monday.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
With all this rebuild talk, I've taken a look at all the draft picks Bergevin's given away and acquired:

Out
2013 5th
2014 7th
2015 5th
2014 conditional 2nd
2016 7th
2016 5th
2015 2nd
2015 conditional 5th
2016 2nd
2016 2nd
2017 6th
2017 4th
2018 conditional 4th
2018 6th
2018 conditional 2nd
2019 5th

In
2013 3rd
2014 conditional 5th
2015 conditional 5th
2015 5th
2016 2nd
2016 5th
2018 2nd
2017 2nd
2018 2nd
2018 conditional 6th
2017 3rd

It's not as horrible as I thought it'd be.

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
So the league just handed the Blues 2 points. That was utter bullshit. Jesus fucking christ nhl.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Good job Blues.

EDIT: While in his prime Weber would've been amazing for this team, he's not the same player and carries a big cap hit. He's also signed past his 40th birthday. So it would likely handcuff the Leafs and hurt them more longterm.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if Matthews and Marner will get more chances together or if it'll be back to old faithful on Monday.

Surprisingly Marners assists tonight we're his first ever on a Matthews goal.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Craig fucking Button of all people serving up the tasty (and completely truthful) Habs hot takes:

"Listen, okay. They are what they are 21 games into the season. They are not a very good team. They're poorly constructed, they're flawed in so many areas, square pegs in round holes. They're trying to make Jonathon Drouin a center. He is not a center. Even though he is trying very hard. Their defense is slow. They have guys that are #5 and #6 defensemen playing in the #3 and #4 holes, and they're relying on a 19 year old defenseman. Carey Price was no good before he got hurt, so its not like he was there to save the day again. This team is small up front, they're slow on the back end, square pegs in round holes.

You can keep talking about being 'embarrassed' and how disappointing things are... but this is what their team is. They are going nowhere fast on a turbo, and when you get right down to it, until things change, and i'm talking about from the managers office, and they recognize that this is what they got and it needs to change, until he starts making some moves, its not going to change. I'm talking about a poorly constructed team. It starts right in the manager's office with Marc Bergevin. Nowhere else. When the coach doesn't coach well, you blame the coach, not the equipment manager. This team, is a flawed team.

Another thing with this team is, with any type of adversity they face, they cap size. They let in a goal against, bam, they give up another quick one right after. They do not know how to push back, or even just hold their ground or resist pressure. They just fall off the cliff. That's what they are. If you think they're going to change with this group, go ahead and kid yourself. You're in some type of dream world because it isn't happening."/QUOTE]

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
I caught the Kadri kerfuffle on youtube.

Absolutely zero embellishment or diving from Kadri on the Pacioretty hit.

Can't find any slowmo of Kadri's hit so I can't say with my own two eyes that his hit was clean. But Craig Simpson said it was a shoulder hit so that's that.

Pacioretty boarded Kadri

Then Kadri was angry and performed a clean hit on Weber (at least according to Craig Simpson and dozens of Leaf fans in this thread)

I love Kadri. He has transformed himself into our best defensive centre. He is scoring lots of goals and when he got angry last night he didnt go for somene small on the Habs. He went for the big bad #1 defenseman.

Manics

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Habs franchise is in shambles in every single regard. Jesus.

Fire everyone
Trade everyone
Relocate to Houston

Bergevin should not be allowed within 1000 miles of the rebuild. It's his fault that we are in this mess in the first place. So many awful moves that not only screwed the team up for today, but that will also have long lasting implications.

Worst GM in Habs history. Yep, putting him above Houle.

Meh, still early bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.