• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
If you keep losing you get booed. If you win games there would be no booing. Also, try to keep the puck out of your own net.

Some changes are really going to start coming to this team and a part of me wonders if the owners are just going to start cleaning house.

It's not even losing. It's HOW they're losing.

A little context for those tie games, Taylor: you were leading by two-three goals before they became tie games and you still wound up blowing those leads.

That's nothing to cheer for bud. And if you're that soft that you can't understand that, then maybe it's time we look to shop your ass.

Everything he said there tells me he's not a winner. That's Rich Kotite-levels of acceptance of failure to come out after the way they started the season and talk about how good their practices have been and how well he thinks they've been playing.

Get that weak shit out of here and start winning games. At least Cory and PK can sit there in front of the media and take responsibility for the fact that they haven't done enough to win these games.

vainya

Dec 28, 2017
New Jersey, USA
Everything he said there tells me he's not a winner. That's Rich Kotite-levels of acceptance of failure to come out after the way they started the season and talk about how good their practices have been and how well he thinks they've been playing.

Get that weak shit out of here and start winning games. At least Cory and PK can sit there in front of the media and take responsibility for the fact that they haven't done enough to win these games.
Agreed. I actually just heard the long version of the quote and yeah he's not taking responsibility for the product that he's putting on the ice. If you want to be cheered, do something worth cheering for. A a fan I'm wasting money for season tickets to games where we start out with a lead and we're playing better than the other team and we still lose. Yes, I'm frustrated. Yes, I'm going to boo you.

Oct 25, 2017

ERIKSSON BABBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still too much salary for Melnyk. Was very much not a frontloaded contract because Benning is stupid.
What the fuck is happening in Vancouver?
Well, a few things:

Getting great goaltending from Markstrom/Demko
The D isn't a tire fire like it has been the few years
Ease of October schedule
Hughes being better than advertised, he's just sooo silky and confident
Miller being excellent
Petersson and Boeser rounding into form
Finally getting secondary and tertiary scoring
Everyone is healthy (wait for the hammer to drop)

Exciting hockey is back in Vancouver for the first time in a long, long while.
Alternatively:
They were expected to be a playoff bubble team (85-90 points)
Every bubble team has stretches of very good hockey
They've had relatively easy opponents
The season is 82 games long
The rough patch is coming

The one promising element is that they have won pretty convincingly for the most part. Not like last year when they had good stretches

a916

Oct 25, 2017

Taylor Hall is cursed.

That shit would be draining. Dude needs the Duchene treatment and go to a good team. (also not sure why they're booing a team that won the lottery twice in the last 3 years... did you guys expect to be a playoff team so soon?)

What the fuck is happening in Vancouver?

They pounded on the Kings, Red Wings, Flyers, Rangers for 6 of their 8 wins along with incremental improvement on their injury-riddled defense of last year.

I believe Dom's model had them with the easiest schedule in October (and it wasn't even close... Edmonton was 2nd closest)

They're playing well though, they're controlling a lot of the shot share, their xGF is high. Markstom has cooled down a bit, his GSAA has been cut down over the last two weeks.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
They pounded on the Kings, Red Wings, Flyers, Rangers for 6 of their 8 wins along with incremental improvement on their injury-riddled defense of last year.

I believe Dom's model had them with the easiest schedule in October (and it wasn't even close... Edmonton was 2nd closest)

They're playing well though, they're controlling a lot of the shot share, their xGF is high. Markstom has cooled down a bit, his GSAA has been cut down over the last two weeks.
Who authorized you to know stuff about our team? Particularly unflattering stuff? How dare you

Re: Markstrom. Demko is quietly top 3 statistically with a small sample size (4 GP?). The wheels can come off with any goalie, not to mention a rookie one, but it's nice to have that insurance

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Why. Can't. We. Still. Use. This. One. ?
lbt9Byk.jpg

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Kotka out with a groin injury, Kinkaid in on a back to back against Vegas. Suzuki takes his spot at center.

Caufield scored again at least.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
How did the Preds lose that one? They were outshooting them like 15-0 to start the game

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Still too much salary for Melnyk. Was very much not a frontloaded contract because Benning is stupid.

Alternatively:
They were expected to be a playoff bubble team (85-90 points)
Every bubble team has stretches of very good hockey
They've had relatively easy opponents
The season is 82 games long
The rough patch is coming

The one promising element is that they have won pretty convincingly for the most part. Not like last year when they had good stretches
Yeah, tired of this excuse. We've albsolutely stomped on the opponent for most games, won decisively, and when we've lost it's only barely. Our goal differential is tied for 1st in the NHL.

edit: oops wrong thread.