- Oct 25, 2017
Friendly reminder that tomorrow is Mother's Day everyone!
My mom lives a couple hours away, so I'm just going to give her a call later. I'll also be relaxing, enjoying the fact that I no longer work in a restaurant, because Mother's Day is by far the worst day of the year.
So I had originally understood DiPietro had been injured before facing Guelph, but:
Holy shit this is way worse than I thought and makes that dumb tweet even dumber.So I had originally understood DiPietro had been injured before facing Guelph, but:
* DiPietro actually played in Games 1 and 2. Was injured in Game 2.
* He and the 67s were winning 2-0 in the series (they had won 14 of 14 with DiPietro in net)
* Cedrick Andree took over and allowed 25 goals in 5 games, losing 4 straight games
* DiPietro in the series -- .916%
* Andree in the series -- .844%
* Nick Suzuki, e.g., had 1 point in games 1 and 2. 10 points in games 3-6
And this is what Ottawa gave up for DiPietro:
F Egor Afanaseyev (projected 2nd round pick in 2019)
2019 2nd Round Selection (Ottawa)
2021 2nd Round Selection (London)
2022 2nd Round Selection (Ottawa)
2023 2nd Round Selection (Ottawa)
Conditional 2021 2nd Round Selection (Ottawa)
Conditional 2021 3rd Round Selection (Ottawa)
Conditional 2022 3rd Round Selection (Ottawa)
* all 3 conditional picks are if Afanaseyev doesn't sign with Windsor
Brutal for Ottawa as he'll probably play in the AHL next season.
I used to be great at them (NHL 96 was the GOAT), and would almost always beat others I played with. But in recent years, that has changed. Some people are incredible online and play it a lot more than me.
I'm sorry, but do your posts consists of nothing but tweets with the occasional one line comment? No? Well then I think we can all agree that I still sit firmly atop of this mountain, thank you very much.