• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
William "7 goals for $10M" Nylander switching his number to 88 to match the number of points he is going to rack up
this season and next combined

Debating getting my jersey re-done since he's offering to cover the cost of it's done at Real Sports. I'm concerned about seeing the holes from the previous numbering though.

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weirdest part of that batshit hypothetical is that I can't answer it without knowing if my 'sacrifice' would be known. I mean, you'd be both a minor celebrity and also an infamous weirdo in your community if everyone knew what you'd done and why. And wouldn't it cheapen the win if everyone knew it was achieved through some sort of mystical trickery? But if it wasn't known would that make you less likely to go through with it?
You have clearly given what is supposed to be summer content filler way more thought than it deserves and quite frankly, sir, I am here for it.

OP
OP
zroid

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
List of RFAs age 23 or younger

unknown.png

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
lmao Melnyk waited till July 15th for Chicago to pay the $2M bonus to make the trade.

This team is so predictable.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017

"To me, I don't know if kneeling, sitting, stretching is something I'd look into doing because, for me, it's like a dishonor to the men and women who fight for that flag, fight for the US, so I don't think I'd be one of the people that take part in that," Matthews explained.

"The Penguins made a statement that they're going the other day. It's been a tradition in the past and a pretty big honor. It's something that if you're in the position it's the position you'd like to be in to make that decision. I think we'd probably go

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Oh yeah I remember that. Hockey has too many white people.

Anyways, New Jersey should go after Gardiner. A puck moving, smooth skating 50-point d-man who can run the PP is exactly what that team needs. He's only 27. His back might be an issue but I bet you can get him for $6.5m for 7years

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah I remember that. Hockey has too many white people.
Matthews wasn't forced to say that due to his whiteness.

People like Braden Holtby and Brett Connolly still exist, at least. And so far guys like Boeser and Hughes haven't let their politics be known. Hughes is such a pro I can see him saying something evasive and neutral.

Either way, the lack of diversity does suck. Just realized the other day that Ferland is Cree, which is great. Can't remember the last time the Canucks had an indigenous player (Odjick, at minimum).

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
I think I've severely underestimated the reach guys like Peterson and Shapiro have with younger males. I just recently met a guy probably 22-23 and he brought up Shapiro like it was the most casual and normal discussion point, it caught me off guard.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
I think I've severely underestimated the reach guys like Peterson and Shapiro have with younger males. I just recently met a guy probably 22-23 and he brought up Shapiro like it was the most casual and normal discussion point, it caught me off guard.

It's definitely worrisome how at least Jordan Peterson penetrates into casual conversations, usually with guys.

MultiJhonny

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
It's definitely worrisome how at least Jordan Peterson penetrates into casual conversations, usually with guys.

At my work two customers were in conversation about Peterson and in a real conversation among 45-50 year old men said "libtards" and other internet buzzwords which was hilarious to me as it was the first time hearing this irl and not reading it on twitter.

Oct 25, 2017
At my work two customers were in conversation about Peterson and in a real conversation among 45-50 year old men said "libtards" and other internet buzzwords which was hilarious to me as it was the first time hearing this irl and not reading it on twitter.
Just once an old friend of mine who I hadn't seen in a few years brought up Peterson in conversation and was surprised when I started to explain why that's not a good thing.

Thankfully haven't heard anything about Shapiro and Peterson IRL otherwise but it may be because of how progressive this area of the world is.

Is he competent? I wanted someone incompetent

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Debating getting my jersey re-done since he's offering to cover the cost of it's done at Real Sports. I'm concerned about seeing the holes from the previous numbering though.

It'll be fine, I got my starter fashion Blackhawks jersey redone because the hockey store fucked up (I asked for #31 for Hasek, they initially gave it as #39, which he wore famously post-Chicago). I didn't see any issues just as long as it's professionally done.

Also this. Lol

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Man I don't know about this! Near Tanev money with so few years?

For a 23 year old coming off 24 goals and 47 points?!

For an extra 0.115 million they could have explored 27 year old 4th liners who've never scored 20 goals and locked one of them up for an extra 4 years.

That they could have -10 goals and -18 points for 0.115 million more at triple the term... they missed out here I think. Overpayment to give this guy near Tanev money. Risky.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how dumb and immature most 22-23 year old guys are, it really shouldnt surprise you

calder

Oct 25, 2017

Man I don't know about this! Near Tanev money with so few years?

For a 23 year old coming off 24 goals and 47 points?!

For an extra 0.115 million they could have explored 27 year old 4th liners who've never scored 20 goals and locked one of them up for an extra 4 years.

That they could have -10 goals and -18 points for 0.115 million more at triple the term... they missed out here I think. Overpayment to give this guy near Tanev money. Risky.

I did not expect the Tanev signing to be the source of such consistent or rich salt.

Gives us something to chuckle about until the Marner offer sheet in early September anyway.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I picked him up. He said you drove silently the entire time with tears in your eyes and 'Candle in the Wind' on repeat.

He's not wrong, I was. But it was because this pinch kept playing on a loop in my mind since freaking March and I just can't let it go.

Yes, that was defensive stalwart Tyler "Shutdown" Myers somehow deeper in the attacking corner than the winger who had the puck with 10 seconds left in a tie game. I'll never get over that fucking game my god.