• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
VDqWKnU.gif

Deleted member 4375

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Ehlers played the last game with a fractured leg, Tanev still had his finger busted from that Stars/Jets game, Laine has had back and abdominal issues over the past two seasons, Broissot wasn't 100% healthy... I'm sure there are more injuries too. Not that that excuses the team for this disappointing season but ilat least it helps explain some of why things were the way they were. Especially near the end of the season.

Injuries suck.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
If the lines aren't stacked for the start of p2 and Marleau or Brown see the ice, I am fully on the fire babcock train.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
So, a couple of things.

First:
30aXxfz.gif

Second:
  • Management needs to have a serious - and I mean serious - talk about coaching. Adding Tavares and subtracting Polak alone should have been enough to get out of the first round. Then you have all the inconsistencies with the team's work ethic changing on a dime all the time. This shit needs to change.
  • Dubas had a solid year to get a return for Gardiner. Now, they're going to lose him for nothing and he cost the Leafs in another game seven.
  • Nylander was absolutely useless this year. If he doesn't rebound next year, this is another wasted trade opportunity.
So next year they're going to Muzzin from the start. That's good.
Gardiner will be gone and hopefully replaced by Liljegren. That's good.
Nylander will show up or get traded for someone who will. That's good.

Go Avs.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah when Babs said there was gonna be pain, he sure wasn't kidding.

After these playoffs, I want Kadri gone, like holy shit, the mofo keeps getting suspended. Playing with an edge my fucking ass.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
No takeback-sies on Babcock, BTW, we're good with Blashill.

Never thought I'd say that.

Anyways, interesting talk around Wings fandom about what to do this off-season and if/who we should buyout. Ericsson and Daley seem like possibilities to free up spots for younger players like Hronek, Cholowski and Hicketts, but they both have one year left (along with Green), so might be worth it to buy one out and just bite the bullet in the other. Really depends a lot on what Kronwall does and if Green is back to 100 percent.

Sadly, our worst contracts are Abdelkader (4 years), Nielsen (3 years) and probably Helm (3 years but he could be movable) with a bunch of kids logjammed in Grand Rapids. Abby being moved is probably going to require retained salary (likely half) for the rest of his deal plus picks/prospects because it is awful and he's just not producing at $4.25 million. Nielsen is likely similar. Bank isn't coming back, but I don't know who they go get to replace him (my gut says they make a run at Filppula).

I'm not sure we're players on the FA market for another year at the moment. Certainty not for Panarin.

Deleted member 563

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm home.

Taking the year off from the Leafs if Babcock is still coaching. Cassidy made an absolute fool out of him two years in a row.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Passion to win doesn't mean much when you're watching from the stands because you tried to decapitate a guy for your fifth suspension.

That (and last year's suspension) wouldn't have happened if the refs did their jobs. No one outside of Kadri is willing to get dirty.

Oh great. He and Hitchcock can meet for a good ol' fashioned Dead Puck Final next year. Party like it's 1999.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Spinny boi is going to be ready for game one according to Bednar.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
That (and last year's suspension) wouldn't have happened if the refs did their jobs. No one outside of Kadri is willing to get dirty.

I'm just really upset right now, to make matters more annoying, the Millennium patch I got seems to be the Capitals and not the Leafs. I'm waiting for the ebay seller to reply back.

Oct 26, 2017

Famous last words

Other notes from the Preds' media interviews:
-Laviolette goes on for more than five minutes about the PP and ultimately takes responsibility. Claims he tried a lot of different stuff (this is a load of bullshit, btw) and took McCarthy off the PP because it was frustrating him and everyone else.
-Poile makes weird comment about having enough flexibility, states that they are close to the cap like a lot of other teams.
-Grimaldi wants to stay, Poile wants Grimaldi to stay, Grimaldi's probably staying.
-Boyle is interested in staying.
-Ellis has "no comment" about additional surgery being required.
-Subban put out a statement about trade rumors that I can't be assed to dig up. Long story short, there's a lot of smoke surrounding him.
-Simmonds was going to try to get back into the roster for a hypothetical Game 7. Claims that he hasn't thought much about what happens next.
-Josi negotiations start July 1.

fallout

Oct 27, 2017
Don't mind calder passed out on that chair. These OT games have really been eating into his normal 16 hours per day sleep schedule.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
we have jeremy bracco

but nah lets dress brown instead

we have timothy liljegren

but nah lets dress hainsey

we had carl grundstrom

but nah lets trade him (WHY) and overplay marleau instead

can't wait to see this stupid game continue with sandin too

you don't have depth if you refuse to use it