• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
nhl-logohwj9k.png

NHL OFF-SEASON 2019 TEAM AWARDS

Where everyone is a winner!

Congratulations to the Ottawa Senators on having the draft pick with the best shot at winning the lottery to select a likely franchise player πŸ…

Congratulations to the Los Angeles Kings for having the most experienced roster in the league πŸ…

Congratulations to the New Jersey Devils for being a hockey team that some people can confirm does exist πŸ…

Congratulations to the Detroit Red Wings on their brand new spacious arena with plenty of tickets available! πŸ…

Congratulations to the Buffalo Sabres for having the best record in the league at some point πŸ…

Congratulations to the New York Rangers for not being the Knicks πŸ…

Congratulations to the Edmonton Oilers for performing exactly as well as everyone expected you to πŸ…

Congratulations to the Anaheim Ducks for no longer employing Randy Carlyle... again πŸ…

Congratulations to the Vancouver Canucks for having an excellent General Manager with a stunning draft record, as Reddit can attest πŸ…

Congratulations to the Philadelphia Flyers on having the most viral mascot tweets πŸ…

Congratulations to the Minnesota Wild on all those great Minnesotans who will go on to win a Cup somewhere... else πŸ…

Congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks on playing more games outdoors than anyone else πŸ…

Congratulations to the Florida Panthers for your generosity in making the Vegas Golden Knights a contender πŸ…

Congratulations to the Arizona Coyotes for not having been relocated yet πŸ…

Congratulations to the Montreal Canadiens for having more points than a number of teams who made the playoffsπŸ…

Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Lightning for making history... in more ways than one πŸ…

Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Penguins on having a few more weeks to golf than usual πŸ…

Congratulations to the Calgary Flames on the surprisingly good goaltending πŸ…

Cognratulations to the Winnipeg Jets on defying the odds πŸ…

Congratulations to the Nashville Predators on yet another division champion banner you get to hang with pride! πŸ…

Congratulations to the Toronto Maple Leafs on their successful re-enactment of the popular film "Groundhog Day" πŸ…

Congratulations to the Vegas Golden Knights on finally learning what it feels like to be a real National Hockey League team πŸ…

Congratulations to the Washington Capitals on the Game 7 return-to-form πŸ…

Congratulations to the New York Islanders on accomplishing something which hasn't been done since '93! πŸ…

Congratulations to the Columbus Blue Jackets on being bold enough to go ALL. IN. Like Minnesota. And your franchise's first playoff series win! πŸ…

Congratulations to the Dallas Stars for one of the great goaltending performances in Stanley Cup Playoff history! πŸ…

Congratulations to the Colorado Avalanche on having a 4th overall pick! πŸ…

Congratulations to the Bunch of Jerks on becoming a meme! πŸ…

Congratulations to the San Jose Sharks on clever use of bribery to advance quite far in the playoffs. πŸ…

Off-Season Schedule

April 4th - 14th
IIHF Women's Worlds in Espoo, Finland

April 9th
NHL Draft Lottery (8 pm ET)

May 10th - 26th
IIHF Men's Worlds in Bratislava and KoΕ‘ice, Slovakia

May 17th - 26th
Memorial Cup in Halifax

May 27th - June 1st
NHL Scouting Combine in Buffalo

June 15th
Buyout window opens

June TBA
NHL Awards Show in Las Vegas

June 21st
NHL Draft

June 30th
Buyout window closes

July 1st
Free Agency begins (12 pm ET)

Signing bonuses are paid out

July 5th, 6th
Deadlines to file for salary arbitration by player and team, respectively

July TBA
All the insiders go to the cabin

Team icons courtesy of holiday

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I am in limbo. Not long for this world.

I guess I'll celebrate the Canucks dropping 2 spots in the draft lottery to 11th on Discord...

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait for the 9th.

Wonder who we gonna draft with the 4th pick after 2 undeserving teams jump us

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Hooray, now we can talk about the ongoing rebuild!

Don't know how I feel yet about the Blashill contract extension yet, but the kids are playing well. Planning to do a post-season recap of what the Wings should be targeting in the next few weeks. Long story short: would anybody like a slightly-used Justin Abdelkader? Anyone?

Holland's ass still needs to be shown the door, though. Come home, Stevie!

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Hooray, now we can talk about the ongoing rebuild!

Don't know how I feel yet about the Blashill contract extension yet, but the kids are playing well. Planning to do a post-season recap of what the Wings should be targeting in the next few weeks. Long story short: would anybody like a slightly-used Justin Abdelkader? Anyone?

Holland's ass still needs to be shown the door, though. Come home, Stevie!
If you take a slightly used Brent Seabrook in return I am

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
I might as well get comfy here for at least the next 2 years.

PIECE IF FUCKING SHIITTTTT ARRRGHHH WHY DO WE HAVE SUCH HARDONS FOR SHITTY COACHES!!

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
Hockey is fucking stupid.

Also I will cheer for whatever team this man is in charge of.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Moving up in the lottery would be blessed

Overall Habs fans have to be really happy with the season. Fought for a playoff spot, changed their identity, never moved prospects or picks for rentals and graduated a handful of prime prospects. Kotkaniemi showed he belongs and should develop into a top center. The future is brighter than it's been in a while.

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Overall Habs fans have to be really happy with the season. Fought for a playoff spot, changed their identity, never moved prospects or picks for rentals and graduated a handful of prime prospects. Kotkaniemi showed he belongs and should develop into a top center. The future is brighter than it's been in a while.

I hope we see Poehling on Saturday.

Deleted member 12950

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Burned a slideable year on Kotka's entry-level-contract and a year of the early decline phase of Weber and Price on missing the playoffs.

It's nice that things came together and the team did much better than expected, and Kotkaniemi looks good, but there still isn't a path towards contending for (or from) this generation of players.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Burned a slideable year on Kotka's entry-level-contract and a year of the early decline phase of Weber and Price on missing the playoffs.

It's nice that things came together and the team did much better than expected, and Kotkaniemi looks good, but there still isn't a path towards contending for this generation of players.
Price looked great this year, better than he has since his Hart year. My main concern with him is injury. I don't think they're ready to contend for a while, but they're 2 points behind the Jets and Preds, 5 behind the Leafs. They're not a shit team, they have a decent core and one of the better prospect pools. Poehling, Evans, Brooks, Suzuki, etc will all be battling for roster spots next season.