• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Marvilliam was just upset his favorites like Kruger and Seabrook weren't getting as much time as he liked
5oYPPk5.gif

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Wild need to fire Boudreau before end of first round so Chevy can make the coaching change asap

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Seabrook 👍

After next season his cap hit is higher than his salary so Melnyk will love that.

Honestly, I'm surprised that Dorion/Melnyk haven't pulled the trigger on this yet.

Should just sign a random season ticket holder to a 1-year contract at whatever number's necessary to meet the cap floor.

Fuck it, just sign me to a 1 year contract, I'll do more to help the team sitting on my ass in my living room than Ceci on the ice.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
So according to Larry Brooks, the free agency plan for the Rangers right now is to try to sign both Artemi Panarin and Kevin Hayes. Which is pretty much the first time I've heard any talk about bringing Hayes back since the deadline, but before the deadline there was plenty of talk that we might try to bring either him or Zuccarello back, so it's also not a big surprise. We'll see what happens there, though.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
So according to Larry Brooks, the free agency plan for the Rangers right now is to try to sign both Artemi Panarin and Kevin Hayes. Which is pretty much the first time I've heard any talk about bringing Hayes back since the deadline, but before the deadline there was plenty of talk that we might try to bring either him or Zuccarello back, so it's also not a big surprise. We'll see what happens there, though.
Someone other than Chicago needs to sign Panarin. We have way bigger needs right now.

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
Notes from the Benning conference:
-they think pearson is a top 6 forward
-they really want to upgrade defence which is either gunna be a big trade or a massive contract for tyler myers
-benning has one year left on his contract
-they seem pretty happy with their centre depth so no sutter trade and gaudette likely starts in utica
-markstrom demko duo is the plan for next year
-once again they want to be "aggressive" in FA
-they might actually add someone to the FO this season

Also maybe reading into it but they sat Stecher with Horvat, Boeser, and Petey which tells me Stecher is considered a core piece.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
With Q in Florida how long do we have to wait until he officially hires Kitchen?
6 minutes?

If they don't go after a top 4 D-man I'm going to throw a tempertantrium, like legit little kid style
There's nobody out there though. There isn't a UFA defenseman that I'd want to spend the money on. There are teams that are going to have to shed salary but good defensemen usually aren't the pieces moving out and I don't want to start selling futures for a run yet. I'd rather not go crazy acquiring a high end defenseman until we know what we have with Boqvist, Jokiharju, Mitchell, Beaudin, etc. Give them all some time and get a decent look at them. Keep the ones that are going to fit with what we need long term and sell the rest to fill other holes in the lineup.

Getting rid of Seabrook, as unlikely as it may be (although with Q in Florida there's a tiny bit of hope.), should be priority #1. Getting him off the roster immediately improves the defense and frees up a lot of cap space. Probably not happening though.

The other thing they need is bottom 6 depth and guys that can PK. Guys like Kruger/Kunitz/Hayden are garbage and don't have any business on this team anymore. Try to pick up some depth on the cheap from a team that needs to move salary and push the little bit of depth they do have (Kahun/Caggiula/etc) down into a role where they're a better fit.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Is anyone watching the IIHF Women's World Championships? Sweden just lost to Japan, which means Sweden will be relegated from the top division to division IA. They've been on a terrible slide the last several years. Hopefully this is the wake-up call.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Draft lottery in about 7 hours my bros. Habs about to defy the odds and seize their 1% chance at first overall!

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously though, if Avs land #1, this has got to go down as one of the best/worst trades ever from each side. Sens give up Hughes for Tkachuk and one year of Duchene.