• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Do people here still get hockey sweaters? I got my centennial Matthews one yesterday and it's great! I'm currently waiting for the correct Millennium patch to be resent to me from an eBay auction. I got the all star game patch already from said auction and will get my 1999-2000 Leafs customized with Sundin on it.

OP
OP
zroid

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
RIP Jason Botchford. One of the best hockey writers around. Too young at 48.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Do people here still get hockey sweaters? I got my centennial Matthews one yesterday and it's great! I'm currently waiting for the correct Millennium patch to be resent to me from an eBay auction. I got the all star game patch already from said auction and will get my 1999-2000 Leafs customized with Sundin on it.
I have a ton of them. I buy a couple a year probably.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Rangers teammates Jack Hughes and Adam Fox have been added to Team USA at the World Championships.

calder

Oct 25, 2017

A panicked Oilers Nation suddenly terrified of losing (checks notes) Keith Gretzky? To who? For what? Huh.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah bring equipment for snorkeling in the floods. You'll be able to see amazing marine life such drowned racoons, squirrels and rabbits.

Serious note, just go to Landsdowne, best restaurants/breweries.

If you also want to enjoy some overpriced tacos in a loud hipster environment then check out El Camino at Elgin.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Rest in peace, Red Kelly

I have some, but stopped buying them about a year ago.

I kind of wanted a St. Pats jersey, but didn't bother.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Finally official:

Been a solid week in Rangerstown. Used our ridiculous stock pile of picks to acquire and sign a stud college defenseman. Signed a first line winger and Hank's heir apparent. 2 wins away from a 3rd first round pick. Islanders on the verge of being swept.

Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I missed the Evgeni Malkin to NYR trade rumors.

Gonna have to say, doubt.

Last edited:

calder

Oct 25, 2017
EVERYBODY WANTS TO PLAY FOR LAFFS EVEN HOMEGROWN DRAFTED LOCAL PLAYERS!!

I choose to believe this unreservedly.

Get the fuck out of here Friedman you hack you can't even spell Elliot properly!

Friedman also talked about the Jets really hoping to re-sign Tanev (sure whatever if he's cheap) and Chiarot (what the fuck noooo) and maybe looking at moving Ehlers to make it work which would be so stupid and backwards my brain refuses to even consider it

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest news out of the 31 podcast was that Stevie Y may poach Tampa's director of amateur scouting Al Murray.

That would be the best off season pick up by far this summer.

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cake Boss Silex

And other Ottawa Era. I'm heading there this weekend, anything to check out?

Any good breweries? Good places to eat? Things to do?
You're picking a good time, weather-wise, to come since the forecast this weekend is very promising. Cake Boss is right that Lansdowne is the place to check out. Now, I don't know how far you want to venture out or what you're looking to do, but I'll go out on a limb and say to check out the Nordic Spa on the outskirts of Gatineau.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Gatineau has some nice bike paths. And most shawarma places are pretty decent.

Otherwise, there's the tourist stuff like Parliament, Supreme Court, and the museums.

fallout

Oct 27, 2017
Friedman also talked about the Jets really hoping to re-sign Tanev (sure whatever if he's cheap) and Chiarot (what the fuck noooo) and maybe looking at moving Ehlers to make it work which would be so stupid and backwards my brain refuses to even consider it
I like Tanev, but I'm really worried Chevy is going to overpay and oh god I didn't even think about what could happen with Chiarot oh no

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I like Tanev, but I'm really worried Chevy is going to overpay and oh god I didn't even think about what could happen with Chiarot oh no

It's awful and terrifying to even imagine but I can so easily imagine it. The Jets really value loyalty and shit and Chiarot seems to love the team and org and that matters to Chevy.

At least Myers seems 99.9% certain to be overpaid somewhere else.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Why would Marner look at the Nylander negotiation and go in with anything less than 11.5? Dubas already caved, and Marner had an animal season . The entire Tampa Bay / Players discount comparable is bullshit because of state taxes, and the fact that both Shanahan and Babcock have brought it up is condescending. Pay him or move him, it's easy.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Finally official:

Been a solid week in Rangerstown. Used our ridiculous stock pile of picks to acquire and sign a stud college defenseman. Signed a first line winger and Hank's heir apparent. 2 wins away from a 3rd first round pick. Islanders on the verge of being swept.

Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Isles swept, our 2nd first round pick is now in the top 20, and one win away from another first round pick.

Can't say things could be going much better for us at the moment.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Not if Dreger has anything to say about it lol.

Marner has all right to ask for Matthews money, as anyone technically does. And if he can back it up, he does deserve the money. Statistically though, I don't think he has a leg to stand on. Again the Leafs are absolutely low balling if they are arguing 8 but that's their job too.

Naw, Leafs gotta make Marner happy. None of this "he's good, but..." kind of talk.

We're not Dubas. It's his job to figure out how.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Naw, Leafs gotta make Marner happy. None of this "he's good, but..." kind of talk.

We're not Dubas. It's his job to figure out how.
Will the real Quick please stand up

I like this, and agree. Arguably the most dynamic Leaf all season, and you're going to try and play hardball with him? Really?

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Will the real Quick please stand up

I like this, and agree. Arguably the most dynamic Leaf all season, and you're going to try and play hardball with him? Really?

Leafs changed their logo in part to get away from the Harold Ballard era, and his ghost is still jacking off all over the place anyway.

Like damn. And some dumbass Leafs fans out there are slurping it all up. mItCh mArNer iSn'T WoRtH mAtThEwS mOnEy headassery.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet which prospect or draft pick are we getting back for taking that contract.

Melnyk isn't gonna take $18M in a contract full of bonus money which he hated more than his fan base, unless you made it worthwhile.

Last edited: