• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Canucks don't need the cap space (yet) so I don't see them giving up a prospect or pick just to be rid of Eriksson. As long as he isn't traded for Lucic (who has a longer and more expensive contract) he can toil on the fourth line or even go on waivers.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Hahahah they basically found a more experienced Peter Chiarelli to replace a Peter Chiarelli.

Can't wait for Mcdavids trade request 2 years from now.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet which prospect or draft pick are we getting back for taking that contract.

Melnyk isn't gonna take $18M in a contract full of bonus money which he hated more than his fan base, unless you made it worthwhile.
After July 30 (?) only $4m of the $28m in signing bonuses remains to be paid. Melnyk would get the cap hit he needs to make the floor without paying much in real dollars.

That said it was pure 100% speculation on Ferraro's part so it's fucking hilarious that it's being passed around as news.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I love how the Wings fan base is thrilled to get rid of Holand as he's been bad for years and yet it's still potentially an upgrade for the oilers front office.

At least the razor sharp Edmonton media will keep Holland on close critical scrutiny

Sky's the limit now that they found the burning desire to win!

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
The reason Ken Holland would be on the list of Top 10 GMs is all stuff from before the salary cap era tbh.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Jim Matheson is the fucking worst. He's such a brazen sycophant that even as someone that relishes in Oilers incompetence I get frustrated

Re: Holland. He hasn't really made a bad trade since 2012 (?), but I'm just realizing now how bad it was. A 1st+ for Quincey. That 1st became Vasilevskiy. :o

Crazed

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still in shock on how this off season has already started.

Yzerman coming home to be GM
If Holland stepping down as GM wasn't enough, now's he's completely moving on
Dan Cleary going with him (too bad it wasn't during his playing years). Though now it's kinda useless... but I mean, it's Dan Cleary leaving!

Icing on the cake would have been if we would have won the draft lottery.

Though give it a few months and watch Holland pull off incredible moves as the GM and Yzerman struggles, I could see the cruel hockey gods pulling that one on us.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
It's not rocket science when it comes to rebuilding the Oilers. I'm sure Holland can find someone to take Lucic, I dunno, I guess Jim Rutherford?

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
SKA made a farewell thank you reel for Shestyorkin. This is the next decade or so in the net for the Rangers:

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
bwahahahaha I thought Ottawa had the worst coaching staff but that takes the cake.

1 shitty overrated former NHL coach and 2 other shitty coaches that were fired multiple times as assistants lmaooo

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Lol Mirtle

lol Blowjobs

Best outcome, we get their 19th pick, Duchene plays good enough for them wanting to resign him so we get another 1st rounder next year which is unprotected, which is amazing when you think about them not having a #1 goalie and their best offensive player with Bob and Panarin fucking off to Florida. And we might also steal their assistant coach from them.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017

Man I need to get a 6 month stint with the oilers then I will be set for life.

The greatest pension in the world is working for the Oilers.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
DownGoesBrown has an article on terrible goals today at The Athletic and it reminded me of one of my absolute favs from Budaj. Just a great centering pass.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
5b9784e47c77de16f9c9e700a71ae0ce.png