• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
5b9784e47c77de16f9c9e700a71ae0ce.png
HELP

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
look at my boy making his enemies dizzy

I need to understand this meme format.

Sometimes I see someone type something like

"Everyone: I doubt anyone will die at the end of Infinity War

Marvel producers: Let me stop you right there"

Yeah yeah that was lame but when it's written like Ive written I get the meme format. There is text written after the colons.

I don't get this "absolutely no one" and "Jeremy bracco" stuff. I see other memes use this same format. There's nothing written after the colon for either of them. What is that? I need this explained like I'm a five year old lol.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
That draft pick was only going to be like 29th overall or something anyway, it's not like 49th is much worse.

Oct 25, 2017
I need to understand this meme format.

Sometimes I see someone type something like

"Everyone: I doubt anyone will die at the end of Infinity War

Marvel producers: Let me stop you right there"

Yeah yeah that was lame but when it's written like Ive written I get the meme format. There is text written after the colons.

I don't get this "absolutely no one" and "Jeremy bracco" stuff. I see other memes use this same format. There's nothing written after the colon for either of them. What is that? I need this explained like I'm a five year old lol.
Montresor:

Not a fucking soul:

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017

"There's whispers around the league that Bob is already planning to sign with the panthers."

BUENO

Some other stuff in that article.

It's been said that Duchene has his eye on the Predators or perhaps a return to the Senators, though that would be a curious move given the dumpster-fire shape they are in right now.

Lol stay where you at boy. Get us that 1st rounder.

Dzingel has averaged 25 goals per season in the past three seasons, and 25-goal scorers get paid in the NHL.

Lol wut.

He hit 25 goals once (this year) with 26 goals.
Years before that 23 and 14 goals.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care where Myers goes as long as someone overpays him enough to make sure he goes somewhere else.

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
Canucks management using their mouthpiece to prepare us early for this egregious Myers contract.

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
Great pick by the Habs tbh. His juniour team doesn't even know if he's a winger or centre so they won't have to fuck it up themselves.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017

Draft slots are finally locked in now. Not as good as it could have been, but still pretty solid.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Avs and Knights fans must have a lot to talk about.
Nope not complaining.

I'm excited for a whole season of Makar blending into the defensive lineup. My expectations as a whole will be tempered based on what we do to make a second line.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
That sucks for Team Canada, damn.

Always feel bad for the guys who extend their long seasons to play in the Worlds and then get hurt right away. Even though it's normally a mild injury they went through all the trouble to go overseas and play in a few practices and then end up not playing.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Nope not complaining.

I'm excited for a whole season of Makar blending into the defensive lineup. My expectations as a whole will be tempered based on what we do to make a second line.

Avs should be happy with their season. They beat Calgary and almost beat SJ. Grubauer showed that he can excel in the playoffs and they can move on from Varlamov. Makar is a stud. And they have the 4th pick in the next draft.

Secondary scoring and the Rantanen contract are probably the only things to be concerned about.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Dubas we will trade you one Dmitri Kulikov cheap. Very cheap one year depth solution call Chevy for details!

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
The West was kind of a tire fire this year, but next year could be fun.

Dallas and Colorado took steps forward in the playoffs. Arizona just missed and will be healthy next year. Old powerhouses LA and Anaheim have aging cores with closing windows, and even though SJ has a shot at winning it all this year, they can't keep everyone going forward. Calgary will be back, and maybe Edmonton will turn it around. Vegas had Leafs luck with regards to the playoffs format but they're well built.

Chicago won the lottery. St. Louis is still competitive. Winnipeg and Nashville have their windows still open but they will run into cap trouble. Minnesota is a perennial wild card candidate.

Vancouver will overpay for some middling free agent, a goalie will get injured, Petey hits a sophomore slump, the power play will be terrible, fans will criticize Green's deployment of a middle-six winger, and they'll miss the playoffs again. Benning gets canned, Aquilini hires some old fossil as GM, and they drop in the draft again.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
The West was kind of a tire fire this year, but next year could be fun.

Dallas and Colorado took steps forward in the playoffs. Arizona just missed and will be healthy next year. Old powerhouses LA and Anaheim have aging cores with closing windows, and even though SJ has a shot at winning it all this year, they can't keep everyone going forward. Calgary will be back, and maybe Edmonton will turn it around. Vegas had Leafs luck with regards to the playoffs format but they're well built.

Chicago won the lottery. St. Louis is still competitive. Winnipeg and Nashville have their windows still open but they will run into cap trouble. Minnesota is a perennial wild card candidate.

Vancouver will overpay for some middling free agent, a goalie will get injured, Petey hits a sophomore slump, the power play will be terrible, fans will criticize Green's deployment of a middle-six winger, and they'll miss the playoffs again. Benning gets canned, Aquilini hires some old fossil as GM, and they drop in the draft again.

The Avs look good and should be dangerous next year but I can easily imagine the Stars falling out of the playoffs - their core is just old enough (ignoring two defencemen) that they could all take a step back and sink the team. I think the Oilers will miss the playoffs again, along with the Ducks and Kings. I also think the Wild could finish just outside again. Sadly, Binnington looks legit like a league average at worst starter and if so the Blues should challenge for the Central title again.

There will be some big moves this summer though which will likely change things - if a couple of the top UFA's sign in the West it could really change up the standings.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017

How the fuck does Martin have even a chance at a head coaching job in 2019? The NHL is so embarrassing

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
It's a long shot, but possible the Avs could make an entire second line or 2/3 of a second line this off season with the likes of Pananrin and Skinner being available, then there's other players like Dzingel that are promising. If Avs pick one of the bigger centers such as Cozens or Dach they could prove NHL ready at camp but that's probably a longshot, Turcotte is another good option. Kaut could make the team as well although I wouldn't mind if he stayed down with the Eagles for another season, same with the 4OA.