• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
How much cap space does Montreal have? I would seriously offer him like 11M if I was the Habs (and they could fit it) and sell him on the upside - no player would ever be embraced by a fanbase harder, sure like 20% of it would be spite but who cares the Bell Centre would explode every time he got a secondary assist.

Send Marner to the BJs or Vegas.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I really like Bergevin's chances in a physical confrontation with Dubas, but something about Dubas' overly wide smile makes me think he might be one of those little guys who goes just snake and like bites a finger off.

Oct 26, 2017
you're Dubas and these 2 jacked dudes (bergevin and timmins) show up in your office, slap your ass and ask you for Marner, what do you do?

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Two different hockey stores here bungled my Leafs and Hawks jerseys.

They put the All Star patch on wrong for my 1999-2000 CCM Leafs and they put 39 instead of 31 like I said for my Fashion Starter Hawks Hasek jersey. :/

They're fixing both respectively.

calder

Oct 25, 2017

Who needs a top level first pair RHD and has some young D depth and maybe a 1st round pick in the top 12 or so?

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Benning:

Q: And finally, you mentioned injuries at your year-end press conference and there is no doubt your team suffered a lot of them last season. Have you reviewed the injury situation and were you able to draw any conclusions that may help your players moving forward?

A: We really didn't have a lot of soft tissue injuries. It was broken bones through either hits or blocked shots and there's just not going to be any way to get around those kinds of injuries. We didn't lose a whole lot of (man) games through pulled groins or pulled muscles, it was more contact injuries that are going to happen on a yearly basis. As I said as the year-end press conference, we want to get to a place where we have bigger, stronger players so that we can get through an 82-game schedule without having the injuries that we've had the last couple of years.
You fucking idiot. Sutter, Gudbranson and Beagle all missed tons of games and they're not small players and you brought them on.

Genuinely staggering stupidity, particularly after he began to shift the message to 'we need to get faster'.

Hey now, the Rangers were 4-1 against them too, so you'll have to fight us for it. It'll be like old times.
My level of resentment has definitely spiked already with you guys winning the lottery and getting Kakko.

Who needs a top level first pair RHD and has some young D depth and maybe a 1st round pick in the top 12 or so?
Why is he even being traded? Jets just can't afford him and have a glut of RHD? Has he said he wants out?

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Why is he even being traded? Jets just can't afford him and have a glut of RHD? Has he said he wants out?

He'll be pricey, but the Jets would certainly make room for him. He's wanted out for most of his career to various degrees, but the team has been very clear it would love nothing more than to sign him long term.

*raises hand slowly*

Trouba and his camp have been politely vague in public over the years about his thoughts about where he wants to go but he was pretty open a few years ago about not wanting to be stuck behind Byfuglien on the depth chart. It was also understood that he kinda wanted to go anyway and the contract/depth chart stuff, while true, was not really the main hold up. One of the rumors about his intentions that has been consistent since the beginning was that he definitely does not want to play in Canada and would strongly prefer either being near Michigan (where he's from) or Florida (where his girlfriend is from and where they live in the off season apparently). Also his gf is a health provider of some kind and wants to work in the US.

That's why I want the Jets to flip him to the Wings (who maybe don't really need him at this point in their rebuild but have the assets to make a trade?) or the Flyers.

Merguson

Oct 25, 2017
He'll be pricey, but the Jets would certainly make room for him. He's wanted out for most of his career to various degrees, but the team has been very clear it would love nothing more than to sign him long term.

Trouba and his camp have been politely vague in public over the years about his thoughts about where he wants to go but he was pretty open a few years ago about not wanting to be stuck behind Byfuglien on the depth chart. It was also understood that he kinda wanted to go anyway and the contract/depth chart stuff, while true, was not really the main hold up. One of the rumors about his intentions that has been consistent since the beginning was that he definitely does not want to play in Canada and would strongly prefer either being near Michigan (where he's from) or Florida (where his girlfriend is from and where they live in the off season apparently). Also his gf is a health provider of some kind and wants to work in the US.

That's why I want the Jets to flip him to the Wings (who maybe don't really need him at this point in their rebuild but have the assets to make a trade?) or the Flyers.

Hmm.. that doesn't really help in a hypothetical trade to Toronto. Maybe he would change his mind since Michigan is really close to Toronto in terms of geographical distance.

I feel this has been long speculated since Dubas took over the GM job but this seems pretty reliable now that its coming from Friedman. Zaitsev doesn't hold a lot of value but based on the current crop of GMs, I feel like someone would take a stab at a 27-year old RHD.

EDIT: Looks like Zaitsev asked to be traded?

Last edited:

calder

Oct 25, 2017
"He has five years remaining on a contract with an AAV of $4.5M"

Hahaha holy shit thanks for making me feel a lot better about paying for another year of Kulikov's useless ass.