• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Same. Got the movie on my PVR, but am currently starting season 2.

Yeah but the deadline deal is past, it was a decent gamble at the time (one I didn't love but I was much more negative on the team than the GM maybe should be). He played fine in the role they needed him for but nothing special and the fact the team lost in the first round is most of the reason the deal looks disappointing, and now they got an asset for letting a team talk to a guy on his way out the door for a couple of weeks.

Also, Brendan Lemieux is thrilled to be referred to as the "++" in a deal.
You can put any number of qualifiers around it, but I'll still be amused at how fans can take solace in a 5th rounder being salvaged for nothing as if you hadn't just given up a 1st+prospect. It's not a condemnation of you, just an observation of rentals and consolations. I'd be the same way were my team in a position to make those gambles.

And that second + was obviously a reference to the conditional pick, but that isn't fair as the Jets didn't even come close to losing it (Cup win). Conditional picks like that are always worth throwing in imo if it means putting the seal on a trade.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Real talk I havent watched a full playoff game since Round 2. I also have watched every minute of every Raptors game since round 2. No ragrats.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean that's a fucking stupid assumption.
  1. Assuming Melnyk will be out
  2. Assuming that a non-existent group that buys the team would pick Alfredsson as GM.
83mYVpue_400x400.png

It's not a secret.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Dat fat ass defense doe

Chabot- Karlsson
Brannstrom- DeMelo
Wolanin - Jaros
Lajoie

Will never happen with this fucking ghoul as an owner tho 😣

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished watching the series for the first time about a month ago, and am thinking of watching the movie tonight. The series is so great. I don't think I've ever seen another show like it.

Have any of you watched NYPD Blue? The praise that David Milch gets from the Deadwood cast makes me want to watch more of his work.

lamaroo

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished watching the series for the first time about a month ago, and am thinking of watching the movie tonight. The series is so great. I don't think I've ever seen another show like it.

Have any of you watched NYPD Blue? The praise that David Milch gets from the Deadwood cast makes me want to watch more of his work.

Never watched NYPD Blue, but Luck is fantastic in its very short run.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
That Ottawa report saying Karlsson would prefer an offer from Ottawa or Montreal is completely out of left field. No idea what Bergevin would think of that.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
That Ottawa report saying Karlsson would prefer an offer from Ottawa or Montreal is completely out of left field. No idea what Bergevin would think of that.

I don't believe for a second that after what happened last time, Karlsson would ever return to Ottawa. Not unless Melnyk retires with a public apology

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
I don't believe for a second that after what happened last time, Karlsson would ever return to Ottawa. Not unless Melnyk retires with a public apology
The report also says he's hoping for a "competitive order" from one of the teams, and in this case, the Habs obviously have the financials to make a better offer than Melnyk. It seems to come down to if like I said, Bergevin is interested at all. This is crazy to me how this is just randomly coming out.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Where's Creeper been? Is he full discord? He was our posting MVP, and I just realized I haven't seen him post in a while

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
what do you mean "you people"

I don't use Discord at all, it's way too much for me too. I could never keep up.
It seems like everyone from this community uses the discord, it's depressing because I also don't have the time to keep up and it seems like the best posters from here have ditched Era for discord.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
I've not been present as much on either ends lately. Haven't had the best couple of months so far from a personal standpoint.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I've not been present as much on either ends lately. Haven't had the best couple of months so far from a personal standpoint.

Ah man that sucks. Hope shit turns around!

In the meantime, would some Canucks schadenfreude help? Maybe a little?

If that's not amusing to you how about a troll joke by some idiot former players that Trouba was getting traded for Kadri, it got the more gullible locals all hot and bothered. That situation can't get sorted soon enough, the Jets fanbase is too fragile to handle rumors and shit until the trade deadline.

Oct 25, 2017
If you want conversation and community then Discord is the place to go, but this forum has its place if you just want to throw down a comment/response and not expect anything in return

it seems like the best posters from here have ditched Era for discord.
Thanks, man

In the meantime, would some Canucks schadenfreude help? Maybe a little?
Benning is so simple and dangerously sincere I could actually see him saying that to anyone who'd listen.

I don't know if that particular situation means much, though. He would have been shopping guys like Eriksson and Hutton, not anyone that mattered.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you want conversation and community then Discord is the place to go, but this forum has its place if you just want to throw down a comment/response and not expect anything in return

Thanks, man

Benning is so simple and dangerously sincere I could actually see him saying that to anyone who'd listen.

I don't know if that particular situation means much, though. He would have been shopping guys like Eriksson and Hutton, not anyone that mattered.

Holy smokes I somehow missed that this was you, Soc. Congratulations on the arrival of Baby Soc! I hope everything is going great with her so far man.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
So this is some my uncle works for Nintendo type shit, and none of its very surprising but a good friend of mine ran into Marner's brother last night, and he asked him about the negotiations. His brother told him straight out that the family is telling him to go where the money is and the Leafs can't afford him. Like I said, not surprising to hear, but I laughed at the fact his brother is just walking around talking about it and confirming what everyone is suspecting.

Deleted member 12950

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So this is some my uncle works for Nintendo type shit, and none of its very surprising but a good friend of mine ran into Marner's brother last night, and he asked him about the negotiations. His brother told him straight out that the family is telling him to go where the money is and the Leafs can't afford him. Like I said, not surprising to hear, but I laughed at the fact his brother is just walking around talking about it and confirming what everyone is suspecting.

Mitch Marner to sign a max offer sheet with Nintendo, e5.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Discord sucks, it moves too fast to properly enjoy. I need to be able to open a thread 12 hours later and catch up on everything you clever chat bots came up with since I was last on.

Also, I'm not exactly the hardest working person in government (that would be Cakey) but having a discord window open on my second monitor would make me look like even more of an asshole than just having a big Tweeten window like I do now. Although thanks to our org being hot garbage at making decisions I could open up Jabber/Teams/Skype windows and camouflage it pretty well..

There are some crazy rumours going around.

Oct 25, 2017
Holy smokes I somehow missed that this was you, Soc. Congratulations on the arrival of Baby Soc! I hope everything is going great with her so far man.
It's been amazing, dude. She actually smiles at me now when I come home, the greatest thing. Tempting to deprive her of attention just so I can get the 'you're back' smile on the regular

When are you guys expecting? Know if it's a girl/boy yet or are you going to wait?

Buy this book and bother with little else. She also wrote a book about pregnancy if that's still relevant for you guys (not sure how far along you are). I'm sure you've got plenty of resources otherwise but hit me up if you ever have any questions about pregnancy, the delivery, first days as a parent etc

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I do like the permanence and slower pace of Era sometimes, but Discord is more convenient on mobile if you want to post a reaction emoji to a tweet crossposted on both places by Creeper.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's been amazing, dude. She actually smiles at me now when I come home, the greatest thing. Tempting to deprive her of attention just so I can get the 'you're back' smile on the regular

When are you guys expecting? Know if it's a girl/boy yet or are you going to wait?

Buy this book and bother with little else. She also wrote a book about pregnancy if that's still relevant for you guys (not sure how far along you are). I'm sure you've got plenty of resources otherwise but hit me up if you ever have any questions about pregnancy, the delivery, first days as a parent etc

That's just awesome man, so happy for you!

Ours is a girl too. Shes about 6ish weeks away now. So close. Weve read lots of stuff but not that one - I'll add it to the list! Honestly I think the thing we are both most terrified about is the actual birth. Her because, well, shes about to push a human body through her vagina - nuff said - and me just trying to manage and support the whole endeavour. Not that everything else after that wont be super exhausting and challenging, but the day itself looms large.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017

This is the cutest