• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You can't be mad at Kawhi leaving. Dude won a championship for Canada, something none of our bum ass NHL teams can do anymore.

Razorskin

Oct 25, 2017
ee26e1a7ukhc.jpg

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Apperently point turned down an offer sheet from Montreal. Not many players would bite on those weak ass deals.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I've been thinking about Kadri's suspensions a lot lately and feel these hits would not have happened if the officials did their job. Take the hit on DeBrusk, if the officials prevent that game from getting out of hand then that doesn't happen.

Obviously I'm not a Leafs fan so no bias here and the recent acquisition of "agitator" Nazem Kadri has nothing to do with it.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

FUUUUCCCCKKKK PLEASE BE TRUEEE

Imagine if Toronto loses Marner and Kawaih to Lou and LeBron on the same day.

City might implode

I'm trying to see what trade partners the Leafs have had a history of in the past.

The flames, sens, kings, ducks.

Outside of the flames, the rest of those teams are likely rebuilding.

Perhaps Calgary wants Marner instead of resigning their own RFA, Tkachuk.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I've been thinking about Kadri's suspensions a lot lately and feel these hits would not have happened if the officials did their job. Take the hit on DeBrusk, if the officials prevent that game from getting out of hand then that doesn't happen.

Obviously I'm not a Leafs fan so no bias here and the recent acquisition of "agitator" Nazem Kadri has nothing to do with it.

Well again, he did what he did and only he can only be held accountable for the action. But the state of the game was deteriorating by that point largely because of the lack of reffing.

The first time was just him being stupid, not him being hot headed.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

If somebody hits one of his teammates from behind, you best believe the first one who's going to respond is Naz.

Oct 25, 2017

Well yea, ppl have been saying that since it happened

Oct 25, 2017

The best part about this is how you cheekily frame it within your newfound bias but then Leafs fans jump in with "YEAH! THAT'S WHAT WE'VE BEEN SAYING!"

John Frost
@_Red

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I think Aho's statement is true-ish, but to pretend he wasn't fully willing to go to Montreal like the Hurricanes front office keeps saying is bullshit.

For the Canes to act like this deal is so fair and great and it's a thrill to match it raises the obvious question - why didn't they offer it weeks ago then?

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
You sign an offer sheet knowing full well you may not be back. Saying your intention is to remain is nonsense because you are actually signing with another team.

Oct 25, 2017
Not necessarily. The contract is very front loaded. $21 million up front.
Sure. Although I think this possibility was always (obviously now) overstated.

I think Aho's statement is true-ish, but to pretend he wasn't fully willing to go to Montreal like the Hurricanes front office keeps saying is bullshit.

For the Canes to act like this deal is so fair and great and it's a thrill to match it raises the obvious question - why didn't they offer it weeks ago then?
For one, because as you said they are exaggerating.

But more importantly, in negotiations where you have months to resolve you are supposed to put your hard line far away from where you are actually willing to go. You want the best deal. That doesn't mean you are willing to walk away from a different deal if there is, in fact, no alternative.

But yeah, to your point, they are putting on a happy face but had no doubt hoped Aho would agree to something different (mostly re: term IIRC).

You sign an offer sheet knowing full well you may not be back. Saying your intention is to remain is nonsense because you are actually signing with another team.
Sentence 1 doesn't necessarily lead to Sentence 2. It's a gamble. The intention can be to remain trusting it'd get matched, but knowing you may be on your way out. For sure he has to be open to the scenario where he becomes a Hab. But most likely he gets the deal he wants and remains a Cane.

It's definitely been interesting. Thank you, Marc.

fallout

Oct 27, 2017
It isn't nonsense. He said his hope was to remain. He was hoping the Canes would match it, but would have gone to Montreal if they hadn't. None of this seems unreasonable to me.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
What the hell is going on with Gardiner?
I think his back injury is more severe than people think so teams are worried about giving him term. And he likely wants term as this will be his last big deal that takes him through his prime.

The less prevalent theory is he's waiting for Marner's contract negotiations to finish to see how much cap space is left after, because he really wants to be a Leaf.

He'd be perfect in his hometown of Minnesota or Edmonton or Florida.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Gardiner is preparing to accept the Jets 1 year offer so he can show his back is healthy and really cash in next summer. (E1)

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
I think his back injury is more severe than people think so teams are worried about giving him term. And he likely wants term as this will be his last big deal that takes him through his prime.

The less prevalent theory is he's waiting for Marner's contract negotiations to finish to see how much cap space is left after, because he really wants to be a Leaf.

He'd be perfect in his hometown of Minnesota or Edmonton or Florida.
According the the NHL Network, teams are only offering him 2 year contracts