• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that makes even some bit of sense is Labanc agreed to a cheapass bridge because the Sharks are tight on the cap and he expects to really hit a home run next year when some UFAs leave maybe. Still crazy low, he must want to really stay in Cali.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that makes even some bit of sense is Labanc agreed to a cheapass bridge because the Sharks are tight on the cap and he expects to really hit a home run next year when some UFAs leave maybe. Still crazy low, he must want to really stay in Cali.
Good guy Labanc just making sure there's enough room to bring back Jumbo.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017

But even then is that risk worth it? One bad injury scuttles that whole plan.

Oct 25, 2017
YA KNOW [MISPRONOUNCES PLAYER NAME] IS A GOOD ONTARIO BOY, THE KIND THE LEAFS SHOULD BUILD THEIR ROSTER AROUND. NOT LIKE THESE SOFT EUROPEANS WHO CELEBRATE AFTER EVERY GOAL AND RUN UP THE SCORE. HAVE SOME CLASS YOU BUNCH OF JERKS. YOU CAN'T WIN WITH PLAYERS LIKE [MESSES UP EUROPEAN PLAYER'S NAME THAT'S EASIER TO PRONOUNCE THAN THE CANADIAN ONE].
Yo why are you aping Don Quick

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
The unwashed masses in the in the "best team sport" don't deserve to indulge in this, but hockey is the best because it inspires legendary stuff like this

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
So, uh, Habs are really going to go into next season with Kinkaid and Chiarot as our upgrades. Solid work Bergy.

Oct 25, 2017
Why would they trade a right-shot dman (seemingly an organizational need) for a top6 forward? I know that Boqvist is coming but they still seem super thin

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Poehling is a beaut and will be a huge help to the team. I might get his jersey this year tbh, I dont have a Habs jersey yet. He will be a stud.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Sharks will have 9 mill in cap without a cap increase next year. With Dillion being the only one worth resigning.

Dell and Melker off the books as well as Paul Martins buyout

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017

Teravainen is the only one on that list that stings, but Bickell's cap hit had to go. Too early to tell how the Jokiharju/Nylander swap will pan out. Neither have had enough time in the NHL to really make a judgement.

He's also traded for seven other 1st round picks from that span (Koekkoek, Maatta, Perlini, Quenneville, Strome, Nylander), plus Marko Dano who was traded to Winnipeg.

Last edited:

alexthekid

Oct 1, 2018
I like the Hawks strategy in picking up highly talented prospects (or former) in bad situations or with a stranded development. One of the few viable ways to try to rebuild while still having high caliber players on the roster.

Giving up Jokiharju sucks but I still really like the upside of Nylander.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
I thought this was pretty funny, Scott explaining how that Kessel incident all went down.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
I like the Hawks strategy in picking up highly talented prospects (or former) in bad situations or with a stranded development. One of the few viable ways to try to rebuild while still having high caliber players on the roster.

Giving up Jokiharju sucks but I still really like the upside of Nylander.
Losing Jokiharju does suck a bit, but there's several other defensive prospects coming up.

Jokiharju looked good the first 2 weeks or so last season but was pretty awful after that. He seemed pretty pissed about getting sent to Rockford, plus with Maata and De Haan coming in, I wonder if he asked for a trade or if something else went on that we don't know about.

Like Strome last year, I hope Nylander is just in need of a change of scenery. The talent is there but for whatever reason, he hasn't done anything with it.

Chicago has to be moving a forward or two at some point though. They're pretty packed up front.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't give Ferland half that in term (AAV is... meh?) but a lot of it is worry about his age and playstyle. Probably not a horrible contract for a middle six winger as long as you trust your medical staff.