• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
r60oejh.gif

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Plus no one is saving more money for Melnyk than Morion is right now. It's the only thing that matters.

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
A shame. 2 years ago I thought Shatty would bring the Rangers to new heights. Instead, everything fell apart at the seams and he among others paid the price for it. Hopefully this rebuild with Fox, Trouba, Panarin, and Kakko will fix these last few years of misery.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Watching the Rangers continuing to pay for stars and accomplish nothing, will never not be entertaining

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the Rangers continuing to pay for stars and accomplish nothing, will never not be entertaining
"continuing to pay for stars and accomplish nothing"

You mean what Bergevin did with the Aho offer sheet?

In the last few months the Rangers have added:
- Trouba
- Kakko
- Panarin
- Fox

In the same time the Habs have added:
- Cousins
- Chiarot
- Weise
- Caufield

One of these is worth poking fun at. The other is worth admiring.

I could see the Habs making the playoffs and don't necessarily malign sitting pat in the offseason given possible alternatives

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Shattenkirk had signed on a hometown discount, too. It is amazing how cursed this team is with free agent signings, though. Even the relatively decent looking ones tend to turn sour. It's the one major thing putting a damper on the whole Panarin thing for me, really. Just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

2019-20 and 2020-21 are looking like they might still be a bit painful especially with nearly $7.5m in dead cap space in 20-21 (and Lindy Ruff still inexplicably running the defense again next season), but the chips are going all in on 2021-22 and beyond right now. That's the team of Shesterkin, Kakko, Panarin, Kravtsov, Trouba, Miller, Fox, Hajek, Lundkvist, etc. with no more Marc Staal, the worst of the Girardi and Shattenkirk buyout hits behind us, and *whispers* no more Henrik Lundqvist...

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to the Leafs for stealing free agent forward Matt Read from the [checks notes] Iowa Wild.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
That's a solid no risk signing for TBL and for Shatty. If he's even halfway decent in Tampa (a good bet if he can get some good playing time with Hedman) he'll be able to con sell other teams into a long term deal.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Poehling becomes a solid player for the Habs, but this might be the cringiest list ever, and he appears to be a right wing doofus:

ONE RESTAURANT IN THE WORLD PEOPLE MUST TRY
It has to be Chick-fil-A. I love their food. I love chicken, especially their nuggets. The sauce is great, too. But I think it's the hospitality that puts them over the top. They're just so genuine there. Whenever you go there, it's just a great experience. I've never had a bad experience at one of their restaurants.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
NHL fans, today is your annually scheduled reminder that NBC doesn't care about anything west of Pittsburgh. (big NBC, not NBCSN)

I'm always conflicted b/c Doc is pretty much the only asset they have that I enjoy listening to. That being said, you'd like to see your team get exposure. Call me a homer but I'm somewhat surprised they decided the Cup Champs don't need to be on NBC once.

ascagnel

Mar 29, 2018
  • It continues to bug me that NBC doesn't give the champs and runners-up at least one game on the big network. For smaller market teams (St. Louis, San Jose, Nashville, etc.), that's a great way to build on the rare national exposure they got the prior year.
  • Doc & Kenny are good as play-by-play guys. Please fire everyone else except for maybe Liam McHugh (he's not bad, but he doesn't really stand out beyond being Milbury's punching bag)
  • Fire Milbury. Preferably into the sun.
  • Fire whoever picks the national NBC games. How is the NHL NBC's premier partner if friggin IndyCar gets a better broadcast package?

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
NHL fans, today is your annually scheduled reminder that NBC doesn't care about anything west of Pittsburgh. (big NBC, not NBCSN)

I'm always conflicted b/c Doc is pretty much the only asset they have that I enjoy listening to. That being said, you'd like to see your team get exposure. Call me a homer but I'm somewhat surprised they decided the Cup Champs don't need to be on NBC once.

Just switch teams to a Canadian one and get the overexposure you want. :)

jk, they're all trash.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
  • It continues to bug me that NBC doesn't give the champs and runners-up at least one game on the big network. For smaller market teams (St. Louis, San Jose, Nashville, etc.), that's a great way to build on the rare national exposure they got the prior year.
  • Doc & Kenny are good as play-by-play guys. Please fire everyone else except for maybe Liam McHugh (he's not bad, but he doesn't really stand out beyond being Milbury's punching bag)
  • Fire Milbury. Preferably into the sun.
  • Fire whoever picks the national NBC games. How is the NHL NBC's premier partner if friggin IndyCar gets a better broadcast package?
Yes please

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I like having Pierre McGuire around just because he's kind of an odd dude. He gets too much hate, but then again I tell him to shut the fuck up periodically when watching NBC coverage. Milbury on the other hand deserves any and all criticism thrown at him, dude is an asshole.

vainya

Dec 28, 2017
New Jersey, USA
The Devils have 5 nationally televised games this season it looks like. That includes one Cross River Rivalry game. They had to get that one in. I don't know when they are going to learn to stop nationally televising this team. At least they're sticking with NBCSN this time.

ascagnel

Mar 29, 2018
The Devils have 5 nationally televised games this season it looks like. That includes one Cross River Rivalry game. They had to get that one in. I don't know when they are going to learn to stop nationally televising this team. At least they're sticking with NBCSN this time.

4, actually.

- Devils @ Philly (2017 #1 OA vs. 2017 #2 OA + Philly game)
- Devils v. Rangers (2019 #1 OA vs. 2019 #2 OA + NYC game)
- Devils @ NYI (meh; most I can think, even as a Devils fan, is that maybe both will be in the running for a playoff spot?)
- Devils v. Nashville (Subban)

I think this is the most regular-season games the team has gotten in a decade or so -- usually, we get one, usually over the holidays, and we're lucky if NBCSN manages to keep the feed running the entire game.

vainya

Dec 28, 2017
New Jersey, USA
4, actually.

- Devils @ Philly (2017 #1 OA vs. 2017 #2 OA + Philly game)
- Devils v. Rangers (2019 #1 OA vs. 2019 #2 OA + NYC game)
- Devils @ NYI (meh; most I can think, even as a Devils fan, is that maybe both will be in the running for a playoff spot?)
- Devils v. Nashville (Subban)

I think this is the most regular-season games the team has gotten in a decade or so -- usually, we get one, usually over the holidays, and we're lucky if NBCSN manages to keep the feed running the entire game.

Looks like I double counted one thankfully. I doubt they'll keep the feed running once they find out the mistake they made of televising really boring hockey again. MSG even struggles to keep the feed running most nights. I do agree with the Islanders game. I'm not sure what that one is about.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I get to take my kid to see the Stanley Cup in a couple weeks. It's likely a quick meet and greet with the Cup and a pic by the team photographer. Pretty excited to say the least!

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
The Athletic has Ceci in the Leafs top 4 for their team projection for next season 😂