• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be terrified to draft a goalie in the top 10, nevermind 1st overall. I don't care how great he looks lol

Quick

Oct 25, 2017

I remember this from a few months ago, but reading about it again now is still just wooooow

Thompson squirted the ethanol into the burner "without checking to determine if the burner had cooled and/or completely extinguished," causing "flames and ethanol to jet out of the bottle," according to the lawsuit. She then "immediately threw the burning bottle in Hana's direction."

Like damn. Ceci and his partner were drunk, apparently, but this feels like it goes beyond drunk and leans into being stupid.

Oct 25, 2017
Button is an idiot

Also I hope Engel gets a good amount. Maybe not $6.8 million but something. Her life was legit ruined by something remarkably stupid and preventable.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
For the 5 Blues fans in the thread..

I tried to get extra seats for opening night. My season ticket presale was by tenure and I've had my seats 7-8 years. When my slot opened there were only like 20-30 seats left. Prices were $178.50 for nosebleeds (all I could get) to ~$500 for lower level. The down low stuff was 3 seat groups and they won't let you strand a seat.

The price of success..

calder

Oct 25, 2017

SMH at out of touch lamestream Toronto media trying to undervalue Mitchell Marner. 8 digits or bust! Hold fast!

Oct 25, 2017

A positive piece from Dayal on Markstrom, showing he was arguably a top ten goalie last season and could keep it going. Rigorously supported by tons of data as always. Sustainability is the big question (goalies are voodoo, per calder and this is backed up by Dayal), but it's nice going in to a season with a maybe solid #1 in Markstrom and a potential future #1 in rookie backup Demko. Of course both could end up struggling with 900sv% who the fuck knows

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Philly is a curious team, owners made it clear that they have to make the playoffs and I do think Vigneault is a good coach, just wonder how much more he can get out of that team. Giroux is also a question mark with his age even after his great season.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017

A positive piece from Dayal on Markstrom, showing he was arguably a top ten goalie last season and could keep it going. Rigorously supported by tons of data as always. Sustainability is the big question (goalies are voodoo, per calder and this is backed up by Dayal), but it's nice going in to a season with a maybe solid #1 in Markstrom and a potential future #1 in rookie backup Demko. Of course both could end up struggling with 900sv% who the fuck knows

Canucks were a lottery team last season if it wasn't for him (they still would've dropped). With an improved(-ish) defense he could continue his strong play, or drop off a cliff in his contract year.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Hannibal Lecter: And you think if you save poor Jesperi, you could make them stop, don't you? You think if Jesperi lives, you won't wake up in the dark ever again to that awful screaming of the eagles.
CreeperBlocks: [choking up] I don't know. I don't know.

From the spec script I'm writing, it's a remake of a classic thriller from the 90's, and stars CreeperBlocks as a FBI trainee who catches the eye of a serial killer.
No I have no idea why I think of Lecter's speech every time someone mentions the Screaming Eagles but here we are. Yes I know I'm weird.

Oct 25, 2017
Hannibal Lecter: And you think if you save poor Jesperi, you could make them stop, don't you? You think if Jesperi lives, you won't wake up in the dark ever again to that awful screaming of the eagles.
CreeperBlocks: [choking up] I don't know. I don't know.

From the spec script I'm writing, it's a remake of a classic thriller from the 90's, and stars CreeperBlocks as a FBI trainee who catches the eye of a serial killer.
No I have no idea why I think of Lecter's speech every time someone mentions the Screaming Eagles but here we are. Yes I know I'm weird.
I want to thank you for this. One of my favourite movies. CreeperBlocks as Clarice Starling? *chef kiss*

Oct 25, 2017
Nah that made the name better. "Mighty Ducks" is just dumb.
"Ducks", though... definitely... definitely not dumb.

The fact that a 90s kids movie about hockey uses a random animal for the team name to symbolize how it is a kids team leads to the production company franchising a hockey team and for promotional purposes uses that team name from the movie and then when the team is sold the new owners decide to drop the Mighty but sticks with "Ducks" as that has been the identity for years.... good stuff

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did you think that just because mah Orleans boi was traded that the news would stop? Think again.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017

Is there actually a chance he's moved, or is this just summer reporting with everyone standing around?

calder

Oct 25, 2017

Is there actually a chance he's moved, or is this just summer reporting with everyone standing around?

WateryWarmheartedChick-size_restricted.gif

I think the Jets aren't negotiating right now since they already made an offer and everyone knows nothing will happen until one of the big RFAs sign and sets the market. But Marner might go to training camp and that's the one big one the agents must be hoping for.

But if Raantenen gets done in the next couple of weeks you might see the rest start to as well. Personally, I'm hoping the Leafs and Marner are far apart well into camp so Connor and Laine are more likely to be signed using some older comps rather than whatever insane deal I bet Marner gets.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Lol giving a GM with a rebuilding team a short term deal, nothing but good things will come out of this.