• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Can only speak of the two markets I watch more than the others, but I don't recall him getting booed in Vancouver or Colorado**

** Until he punched MacKinnon in the back of the head a few times during a scrum and the refs gave MacKinnon the penalty 2-3 times. He's been booed ever since.

Though I have seen him booed in other places, which... like you said, is pretty BS. Montreal ironically enough, cheers him, even though THEY were the ones that got rid of him for either really terrible hockey reasons, or "character issues"

EDIT: Nevermind he's been booed in Montreal too... wtf.
Hah I didn't realize Cactus had tried to whatabout Leafs fans booing Subban. There are plenty of cities, besides Vancouver, that I'm quite sure have never booed Subban.

And Canadiens fans are terrible. Of course they boo Subban.

Deleted member 563

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hah I didn't realize Cactus had tried to whatabout Leafs fans booing Subban. There are plenty of cities, besides Vancouver, that I'm quite sure have never booed Subban.

And Canadiens fans are terrible. Of course they boo Subban.
Obviously I wouldn't know whether every single fanbase boos him; I was just basing that generalized statement on the various reddit threads I referenced. Trust me, I'm not gonna defend the average Leaf fan, especially all the garbage that I had to listen to about Nylander over the last year. I'm fully aware that a lot of them are morons, and I don't doubt there's some unconscious racism there too.

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously I wouldn't know whether every single fanbase boos him; I was just basing that generalized statement on the various reddit threads I referenced. Trust me, I'm not gonna defend the average Leaf fan, especially all the garbage that I had to listen to about Nylander over the last year. I'm fully aware that a lot of them are morons, and I don't doubt there's some unconscious racism there too.
Fair enough. And in kind, I cannot guarantee that if the Canucks somehow met the Devils in the playoffs (lol) that Canucks fans would not just instinctively start booing Subban.

Deleted member 563

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hopeful that they're still somehow in on Gardiner, but I know it's not true. Where the fuck is this guy signing.
The Gardiner situation is so weird. There were rumors that he was waiting for a D to be moved by the team he's planning to sign with (people have guessed the Sabres and Risto), but it's really late in the game to be waiting. I'll be a bit sad if he ends up signing for peanuts a day before camp, because I think he's earned a raise.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
In true offseason news - as of 4 hours ago I'm a Canadian citizen y'all

The clerk ended the ceremony with "oh and welcome to Raptors nation too", smh

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
The Gardiner situation is so weird. There were rumors that he was waiting for a D to be moved by the team he's planning to sign with (people have guessed the Sabres and Risto), but it's really late in the game to be waiting. I'll be a bit sad if he ends up signing for peanuts a day before camp, because I think he's earned a raise.

my bet

Cody Ceci's contract is, in fact, mostly signing bonuses

Leafs trade him back to Ottawa for Ryan Callahan at the end of training camp. I ran the numbers and there's a set up where the Leafs, at the end of camp, can put themselves in a situation with callahan on roster with $2,801 in cap... which is incredibly optimal. but they can't actually do this trade until players are assigned/waived as they don't have enough cap.

Immediately afterwards they could sign Gardiner and Marner and have them effectively take $16.35 million between them, if they so chose to. (I'd expect less due to need for extra players)

Then dermott, hyman are swapped out for other players with LTIR and a couple called up (like bracco, mikheyev) to fill in the final gaps

Mikheyev-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Kerfoot-Kapanen
Moore-Spezza-Bracco
Agostino

Rielly-Muzzin
Gardiner-Barrie
Dermott/Sandin-Liljegren

That lineup is stupid good from top to bottom.

But can't wait for camp to come and go and my wild theory is put to bed and ceci actually is playing for us, gardiner is playing for the sabres and we're dressing all the bad players

Last edited:

Red_

Oct 26, 2017

Not sure where he is getting this bit from, but also mentions the Jets, Yotes and Sabres as other teams interested.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That is actually Bergevin's list lol

puy5tsyf9ti31.jpg

b80Annotation2019082811.png

Annotation2019082811.png

Love it when Soc brings the receipts

a916

Oct 25, 2017

Not sure where he is getting this bit from, but also mentions the Jets, Yotes and Sabres as other teams interested.

Interesting... the beat writer for the Avs said the Avs are circling him as well.

In true offseason news - as of 4 hours ago I'm a Canadian citizen y'all

The clerk ended the ceremony with "oh and welcome to Raptors nation too", smh

Should've followed it up by asking about Marner.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see Caulfiend become an elite talent, and I know guys like Debrincat are breaking through, but I still wonder if size will limit him.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised how many people have Caufield as the Habs top prospect, as a 15th overall pick. Pronman has always been high on him, but I think every Habs prospect ranking I've seen has Caufield at #1. He's either going to be a huge steal or a huge bust.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised how many people have Caufield as the Habs top prospect, as a 15th overall pick. Pronman has always been high on him, but I think every Habs prospect ranking I've seen has Caufield at #1. He's either going to be a huge steal or a huge bust.

Also: recency bias
Also: no elite prospects in Habs pool

I think he'll be really good, but his performance in college might clarify NHL expectations.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else getting really worried that the season will start in about 30 days and yet there is a massive amount of RFAs that still need to sign? I honestly think Marner is going to pull a Nylander and I sadly think other players will follow right behind him. I could players like Rantanen and Point waiting for Marner to be signed.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else getting really worried that the season will start in about 30 days and yet there is a massive amount of RFAs that still need to sign? I honestly think Marner is going to pull a Nylander and I sadly think other players will follow right behind him. I could players like Rantanen and Point waiting for Marner to be signed.
AFAIK, Marner can't pull a Nylander. If he doesn't sigh by a certain point, which I believe is soonish, he will be forced to miss the season. I might be wrong, someone can correct me, I thought I read that about him a while ago.

OP
OP
zroid

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Damn, Senators won the lottery after all

Hailey Salvian hired by the athletic has their new full time beat writer

previously she did a ton of great work covering women's hockey and the Marlies. I'm jealous.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
hey fuckbois.

now that summer is over, are we doing an NHL fanatasy league thing again where its not fucked up from the start?

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, Senators won the lottery after all

Hailey Salvian hired by the athletic has their new full time beat writer

previously she did a ton of great work covering women's hockey and the Marlies. I'm jealous.

Indeed, it's a great hire and I'm looking forward to reading her work.
hey fuckbois.

now that summer is over, are we doing an NHL fanatasy league thing again where its not fucked up from the start?
I'm in and I'm coming for your title, Cakey Boi.