• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Also please nobody draft Cody Ceci, he's gonna have a monster year with the Leafs. He would look great on my team.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Lol Shanahan is the one who said players need to take discounts to keep teams together, and Marner's family is the one pushing for cash, so what good will them hanging out do

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Really, when you think about it having unsigned RFA's in September is a sign you draft and develop well and your roster is flush with skilled young talent so having *2* unsigned RFA's must be the greatest thing ever I can't believe how awesome it feels to be in that sort of elite tier of NHL excellence oh god I'm going to puke.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Blues are going to unveil new jerseys on the 14th and I'm really scared they're going to revisit the 90's clown jerseys.

I'm sorry y'all.

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really, when you think about it having unsigned RFA's in September is a sign you draft and develop well and your roster is flush with skilled young talent so having *2* unsigned RFA's must be the greatest thing ever I can't believe how awesome it feels to be in that sort of elite tier of NHL excellence oh god I'm going to puke.

giphy.gif

Deleted member 4375

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Is ok. Pionk, Bourque and Letestu will make it all better.

😭

Think Maurice is axed if the team starts off bad? I guess it also depends who is actually available too.

calder

Oct 25, 2017

Weird, feels a bit like a hasty move to get in front of a RFA situation early on a guy who maybe isn't going to be an elite class player.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Weird, feels a bit like a hasty move to get in front of a RFA situation early on a guy who maybe isn't going to be an elite class player.

Chayka bought low on Dvorak, Chychrun, and Schmaltz. Now Keller. Given the upward pressure on salaries, it's unlikely Keller ever becomes an albatross. He also still has legit PPG potential. The Coyotes have just been one of the worst offensive teams in the league.

Controlling a player until they are 30 at a rate that will look great in a couple years is a smart move.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Chayka bought low on Dvorak, Chychrun, and Schmaltz. Now Keller. Given the upward pressure on salaries, it's unlikely Keller ever becomes an albatross. He also still has legit PPG potential. The Coyotes have just been one of the worst offensive teams in the league.

Controlling a player until they are 30 at a rate that will look great in a couple years is a smart move.

It just feels like they're paying Keller to be the guy they hope he's going to become instead of the guy he's trending to be.

Fuck it, as long as Schenn doesn't notice I don't care.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
It just feels like they're paying Keller to be the guy they hope he's going to become instead of the guy he's trending to be.

Fuck it, as long as Schenn doesn't notice I don't care.

You have X but think they will be Y. You can pay slightly more than what X is worth now to potentially get Y at a massive discount for many years. The price of X increases every year regardless of what you do.

Assuming you don't need flexibility, it makes sense to 'buy' X for as long as possible, as early as possible, as long as you are comfortable with the player as a person/injury risk.

Skipping a bridge and just getting an 8 year deal at a reasonable AAV is the dream for most front offices, or at least it should be.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
My kid got bald guys mixed up and thought the Blues replaced Darren Pang, who is also terrible to listen to every night.

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, does this imply that Pierre is out from NBC entirely or just as part of the main crew?

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Alright you cunts

As hockey season approaches, we must deliberate. It's Fantasy Hockey time. Answer these questions:

1. Are we going to do Fantasy Hockey this season?
  2. Complaint from last season: Weekly lineups - do we go for Dailies this year?
  3. Complaint from last season: Waivers - how do you want to want them to go?
  4. Do we stick with Head-to-Head points? Maybe go to Categories?

calder

Oct 25, 2017
EDpq9-8X4AEiNVe

Ironically, all of those faces look more like Blake Wheeler than NHL20's Blake Wheeler does.

23f1l5bd6hk31.jpg

"Just use the Nick Foligno face, no one will know."

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Alright you cunts

As hockey season approaches, we must deliberate. It's Fantasy Hockey time. Answer these questions:

Well when do we wanna start it? because last time was a mess

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright you cunts

1) Yes, don't see why not
2) Definitely Dailies. Weekly lineups were actually more work because you needed to employ way more foresight into which players would get more ice-time and how many games they would play during the week.
3) Didn't know about any waiver complaints. I have no strong feelings on this.
4) I'm fine either way, but I will note that Head-to-head tends to be geared towards those more willing to makes trades and stalk the waivers. We seem to be a very trade-averse league.

Oct 25, 2017
Alright you cunts

1. Let's try. The biggest obstacle will be drafting but so long as people set pre picks if they can't make it...
2. Dailies. Allows us to set the lineups in advance (weekly) anyway. Definitely rewards those that are most attentive but that's most of us (maybe not me this year) anyway
3. I honestly don't know. I guess waivers benefits those that are doing poorly and doesn't reward people just watching for drops?
4. I'm easy.

Well when do we wanna start it? because last time was a mess
Last time had a snag that was made worse by certain parties here (wink, nudge) and the pool never recovered. It's been 11 months - maybe get off Fubar's nuts and let's try and do better this year!

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Cancelled my cable to save money and I don't think I'm going to get it back again. The Marner negotiations are really annoying me. I honestly hope the Leafs get him to sit out the year and that the Leafs win the Cup without him (pretty much impossible, I know).

I wish the Leafs didn't cave with Nylander and I wish they let Nylander sit out the whole year.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Just don't do whatever the first pool last year did (I think that was weekly lineups) and I'm good. I like to be able to adjust my roster daily during the week.

Waivers can have a delay of a day or two but not a whole week as a lot can change.

And I prefer H2H categories. Truculence has to count for something!