• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razorskin

Oct 25, 2017
How the hell does he go to free agency and get a contract with the same cap hit as the contract he signed in 2014.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
I'm wondering if his physicals were sketchy, I can't make sense of how he couldn't get a better offer than this, other than his medical history being a major roadblock.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017

That motherfucker. No wonder he made a trade like Hall for Larsson. Dude was too preoccupied being a mediocre film writer.

Razorskin

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if his physicals were sketchy, I can't make sense of how he couldn't get a better offer than this, other than his medical history being a major roadblock.
I heard teams put him through the Horton-Alzner test. It's where they place a pickle jar on the floor and ask him to bend over and open it.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe the Canes gave Gardiner Brandon Taney + money without the safety of Brandon Tanev term.

Risky commitment to someone who isn't Brandon Tanev

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, how's the view from behind the players' bench?

I have extra seats on top of my usual for a game later next season. The extras are 5 rows behind the players bench and have pretty good resale value.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, how's the view from behind the players' bench?

I have extra seats on top of my usual for a game later next season. The extras are 5 rows behind the players bench and have pretty good resale value.

In my experience it isnt the best view BUT it is worth it to hear the players chirp all game.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
In my experience it isnt the best view BUT it is worth it to hear the players chirp all game.

I might just throw them up for a stupid price to see if anyone bites.

on another note..

Blues ERA: If you are still alive and want to catch a game, I have extra week night tickets. Shoot a PM and I'll hook you up at my cost (varies by game). Aisle corner seats, row M. A lot of games are sold out already.

Please let me know if you'd like free preseason tickets. I am trying to sell them elsewhere currently but will give them away if nobody bites soon.

Edit: Not looking to turn into a sales thread, just an FYI.

Last edited:

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
I've found one of the best views I've gotten is around 10-14th row back, at Center ice. You've always got a good line of site, of both ends of the ice and you're still close to the bench.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I had rich people seats for the Final games and the included food was just ridiculous. Fresh seafood bar, prime rib, roasted chicken and other meats, awesome veggies, dessert bar.. nacho bar.. nuts. I decided to grab them for the Leafs game this season for my family of 4. It was about $1200 and I noped out. Obviously the seats were good too but I couldn't pull the trigger.

I bet it's way more expensive at other venues too.

Some of the quality of life stuff with expensive seats is so good. Better, non-crowded restrooms, separate entrances without all the people nonsense, etc. Heck in Montreal I stepped off the private elevator for Club and they had a coat check. Helped a lot since everyone was dressed for the stupid cold weather.

Oh well back to a slice of pizza for me.

Last edited:

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Best seats I've had were in the 8th or 9th row of the lower bowl just off a blue line in Dallas to watch the Hawks several years ago. Could see most of the rink, still close enough to see the players and hear the noise of the action really well. There was a scrum near us and I remember enjoying how salty Toews got at being bulldogged pretty good.

I've had closer seats a couple of times but once was in a corner and the angle was weird and the other was directly behind a goal on the second row which was super cool for watching a powerplay and one sniped goal but kind of meh for the rest of the action. I spent most of the game looking up at the scoreboard.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Bergevin saying there's 6-7 rookies that could make the jump in training camp, this should be one of the more interesting training camps in a long time. Glad he's not bringing in any old guys on PTOs.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
A friend of mine used to work for Boston Pizza and got to use the corporate suite for a Canucks game. The home team lost to the Jets but I spent most of the game just socializing and eating.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a pretty fair deal, 5M is alright for a top young dman and 3 years is a good gamble for the player on himself.

As usual with young players, isolating the players impact to add context to his numbers is interesting:

Werenski has always been considered weak defensively but I expected him to be a positive on offense at the least.

Last edited:

a916

Oct 25, 2017
But but I thought Ray Shero was going to raise the Offseason Championship Banner on opening night?

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
From Friedman's 31 thoughts .

2. It is impossible to write or talk about Marner without offending someone, so here is my attempt at a bias-free take: It's tense and personal. My belief is Toronto is willing to go to an $11-million AAV, but only if he signs for seven years. I'd heard both sides might agree to two years — then let arbitration sort it out — but a few sources threw cold water on that. I mentioned during a radio hit last week the rumour that Marner's representatives pitched a three-year contract with a structure similar to the Meier/Werenski setup, with the third season as high as $15 million. However, I'm told that was several months ago and is no longer relevant, although both sides have continued to explore that kind of an option. I don't sense things are anywhere close.

Honestly surprised he didn't take that offer yet. He really thinks he is worth more than Mathews.

Oct 26, 2017
Tolvanen and R.Pitlick are out there trying to make the Preds' training camp interesting.

The roster situation doesn't look like it's there for either of them, but if their preseason looks anything like the prospect showcase then who knows?

calder

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds pretty ridiculous, I mean how would anyone ever get that idea

"I'll just be honest with you," Mitch's dad said. "It drives our family nuts when we hear you guys all talk about who should be the captain of the Toronto Maple Leafs and Mitch never hardly gets any consideration. It's because he's like this happy-go-lucky little kid. But he championed the London Knights to the Memorial Cup with that same happy (personality). I watched a guy like Doug Gilmour who had a lot of joy on and off the ice but was a real competitor.

"And that's Mitch.