• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vainya

Dec 28, 2017
New Jersey, USA
p9fdwd3uxym31.jpg

Lehkonen - Domi - Drouin
Hudon - Suzuki - Weal
Cousins - Thompson - Weise
Varone - Evans - Barber

Mete - Weber
Kulak - Brook
Ouellet - Fleury

Price
Primeau

the game is on at 7 EST on TSN2
I did not know the Devils were playing tonight. Thanks for that! I hope the local channels are airing it today.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
"What a pass by Carey Price"
*Price blatantly ices the puck*

Shut the fuck up Dave Poulin

Oct 25, 2017
When your GM gets out negotiated by Dim Jim 🤦
boser, bayser, böser, either way, i thought he'd get more money
The important thing is the term. Canucks, because of a lack of cap space, are forfeiting the opportunity to lock him up for 7/8 years @ 7-8 million. In 3 years time he could potentially get closer to 10 million if he does really well on Pettersson's wing and continues to be a PP stud.

I don't like the contract. It's minimal savings for long-term consequence.

Oct 25, 2017
The important thing is the term. Canucks, because of a lack of cap space, are forfeiting the opportunity to lock him up for 7/8 years @ 7-8 million. In 3 years time he could potentially get closer to 10 million if he does really well on Pettersson's wing and continues to be a PP stud.

ah makes sense

RC.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC

So are they basically hoping Brock will be a bust? Only way this contract makes sense.

Rikalaus

Oct 30, 2017
I'd like to be a maybe for the fantasy league if possible, depends on timing for the draft as i'm in the UK.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Rangers lineup against the Devils tomorrow:

Panarin-Zibanejad-Kakko
Kreider-Andersson-Kravtsov
McKegg-O'Regan-Jones
Haley-Nieves-Elmer

Skjei-Trouba
Hajek-Fox
Crawley-Smith

Georgiev
Shesterkin

Power play unit is also practicing for the first time today, and the unit they're running is Trouba-Kreider-Panarin-Zibanejad-Kakko.

Aside from that scrub third line and Michael Haley getting playing time for some reason, that's a pretty exciting group by "first game of preseason" standards.

calder

Oct 25, 2017

Then why doesn't he get to play on the top two lines? Does Paul Maurice gotta Paul Maurice?

He does play on the second line, he's complaining about not getting first line minutes but I think he kept his words a bit vague to attempt to be somewhat diplomatic. But his minutes are what they are mainly because he's not ready yet and pretty much everyone knows it. Now, he can certainly complain that the Jets don't have a good 2C and that hurts him, but every time Laine plays with Scheifele he is *terrible* and he drags the line down. Is he saying he should replace Wheeler? Nonsense. Replace Connor? Laine has been extremely weak defensively on his off wing.

So when Laine says he should play more the team can show him an endless list of stats that show he actively drags down whatever line he is on at 5 on 5, and that sure as hell ain't Maurice's doing. Now, luckily towards the end of last season he showed some signs of being a bit better, but he was mired in an epic cold streak and he only seems happy when he's scoring (fair enough) so it was a shitty half year for him.

One thing I'd like the team to try is moving Lowry up and trying a Connor/Lowry/Laine combo. I think Laine really needs a left shot center who can cover up his defensive miscues, and Lowry might be the best bet.

EDIT: it's worth pointing out that Laine's comments are pretty consistent (he's said exactly that before) and that no one seems to mind. Every team has a dozen guys who think they should get more minutes/better situations/more of a shot, I'd guess it's pretty normal.
Or, what he said

Last edited:

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Oh okay, then there's nothing about this then.

Really, you could put everything Laine said and distill it to one fundamental truth and it would be "why is Bryan Little still my center he's waaaaaasshed" and no one would argue the point. But even Laine is more polite than that.

I personally have no idea why Maurice insists on keeping Little as the default 2C, or why he doesn't at least try something new with his top 6. The fact that Kyle Connor somehow is cemented on the first line despite the fact the line plays better with Ehlers (and Connor looks fine on the second line!) is a constant source of frustration for some fans (me).

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Alright so here is the official list for those interested in playing Fantasy Hockey:

Maybe:

I need you all to get back to me ASAP on the following.

1. We currently have 16 people signed up as "Yes", plus two "Maybe". Even if those two maybes do not join, we are still looking at a league of 16 managers, where each team has 22 players, meaning that (31 teams x 20 players)...over half of the league would be on a roster. Hella deep digging on drafts and free agents, where rookies and long-shots would really make up the bulk of rosters. So, question is: Do we do one large 16 team league, or do we have two identical leagues of 8-10 teams each?
2. Availability for a draft: We have people all over North America (plus one interested party way over in UK land) - so a draft would likely be like 8pm or later Central Standard Time (6pm Pacific/9pm Eastern/...2am London) during a weeknight OR we go for a weekend time that would be more accessible.

MultiJhonny

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
One big league

Also if we could choose a date to draft well ahead of time that would help me greatly. I have pretty limited availability but with enough heads up I can plan for it.

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright so here is the official list for those interested in playing Fantasy Hockey:

Maybe:

1. We currently have 16 people signed up as "Yes", plus two "Maybe". Even if those two maybes do not join, we are still looking at a league of 16 managers, where each team has 22 players, meaning that (31 teams x 20 players)...over half of the league would be on a roster. Hella deep digging on drafts and free agents, where rookies and long-shots would really make up the bulk of rosters. So, question is: Do we do one large 16 team league, or do we have two identical leagues of 8-10 teams each?
2. Availability for a draft: We have people all over North America (plus one interested party way over in UK land) - so a draft would likely be like 8pm or later Central Standard Time (6pm Pacific/9pm Eastern/...2am London) during a weeknight OR we go for a weekend time that would be more accessible.
1. I'd say one league. Let people really dig to find that diamond in the rough to put their team ahead.

2. I think a weekend would be better for me, but I'm also flexible.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
One big league

Also if we could choose a date to draft well ahead of time that would help me greatly. I have pretty limited availability but with enough heads up I can plan for it.

Regular season officially starts in ~2 weeks, so if we do a weekend draft it is either the one in a few days, or the weekend after.

lamaroo

Oct 25, 2017
Regular season officially starts in ~2 weeks, so if we do a weekend draft it is either the one in a few days, or the weekend after.

I can't do the weekend after, but this Sunday would be perfect for me (22nd). I could maybe make the Saturday work but I'll be drinking. Don't drink and draft they always warn.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
One big league is good, my other league is shallow as hell so itll be a nice change

Sunday afternoons are usually fine (est)

lamaroo

Oct 25, 2017
I want one big league too, I'm in a tiny league with friends as well, so it would be nice having to find some gems.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017

Maybe:

1. One big league, definitely. Is there an option to have less than 20 players if that makes it easier? Either way, definitely one big league. Dopey can go full-in on the dopeystats to pick them (i'm aware he didn't even sign up)

2. I think last few times we did it on a weekend, but 6pm pacific works for me. It takes a while to get all the picks in so the person in the UK might have to auto-draft after putting preferences in... My dad is visiting this weekend but I can probably make it work from my phone. Probably.

Simon Belmont

Oct 25, 2017
Really, you could put everything Laine said and distill it to one fundamental truth and it would be "why is Bryan Little still my center he's waaaaaasshed" and no one would argue the point. But even Laine is more polite than that.

I personally have no idea why Maurice insists on keeping Little as the default 2C, or why he doesn't at least try something new with his top 6. The fact that Kyle Connor somehow is cemented on the first line despite the fact the line plays better with Ehlers (and Connor looks fine on the second line!) is a constant source of frustration for some fans (me).

I'm just trying to imagine the pandemonium if Marner had said something like that. Sometimes not being Toronto is good.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ the TSN app is pure shit.

Trying to get it on my Android TV box, of course they don't have a dedicated app for Android TV.

Try to use the my phone to cast it and of course they don't have a casting option implemented in their app because it's 2019 and who needs casting.

Fucking Bell media, all their apps are pure shit ( TSN, Crave, ALTTV etc)

Oct 26, 2017

1. I'd prefer one large league, finding the gems is part of the skill.
2. As long as its not before 17:00 central on a weekday, I'm good. I'd prefer the weekend, though, obviously.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ the TSN app is pure shit.

Trying to get it on my Android TV box, of course they don't have a dedicated app for Android TV.

Try to use the my phone to cast it and of course they don't have a casting option implemented in their app because it's 2019 and who needs casting.

Fucking Bell media, all their apps are pure shit ( TSN, Crave, ALTTV etc)
It's honestly easier using reddit streams than any of the major streaming platforms, it's pathetic.