• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
I remember the... what, 3 years or so that hockeystreams.com (or sth like that) was operating HD-streams of all the games and it was glorious... before it got shut down. I very, very gladly paid for that service because it was easy, great quality and worked for ALL the games, not just "out of market" BS.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
I remember the... what, 3 years or so that hockeystreams.com (or sth like that) was operating HD-streams of all the games and it was glorious... before it got shut down. I very, very gladly paid for that service because it was easy, great quality and worked for ALL the games, not just "out of market" BS.

+1 on this.

Probably the only few times my PayPal account got any use lol

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure that was more like 5-6 years ago lol, but it still has been by far the best hockey streaming service ever available. I've paid for gamecenter the last couple of years, and it's just trash and has so many issues. I'm pretty close to just abandoning it.

MultiJhonny

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I had a guy who streamed 1080p Youtube streams for the Flyers but now you need a password to access his site which I have no idea... :(

I might have to pay for NHL.tv this year

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure that was more like 5-6 years ago lol, but it still has been by far the best hockey streaming service ever available. I've paid for gamecenter the last couple of years, and it's just trash and has so many issues. I'm pretty close to just abandoning it.

I would probably only tolerate it if Rogers gave it to me for free lol

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
this is why i want ESPN to make a big play for NHL rights so we might get something out of Disney+

rogers/bell is trash at everything

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
When I didn't have cable for a while, one of the streams I usually watched was the Nicholas Cage Leafs streams on Reddit. That shit was high quality.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Feels kind of strange to quote and reply to the same person twice but;

Hockeystreams was so nice. That was probably 5-7 years ago though. Absolutely loved it.

A replacement, Caststreams, popped up for a bit and lasted about a season or two, but I haven't found anything reliable since then. Usually I browse Reddit.com/r/NHLstreams or puckstreams or hockeystreams (all three get traffic) to find good sources.

1. One big league, definitely. Is there an option to have less than 20 players if that makes it easier? Either way, definitely one big league. Dopey can go full-in on the dopeystats to pick them (i'm aware he didn't even sign up)

2. I think last few times we did it on a weekend, but 6pm pacific works for me. It takes a while to get all the picks in so the person in the UK might have to auto-draft after putting preferences in... My dad is visiting this weekend but I can probably make it work from my phone. Probably.

100%. We could easily drop one of the flex positions, remove a defender (or two?), or reduce the bench by one or two. Even just those moves free up ~3 players a team x 16 teams = 48 more players not drafted/available via Free Agency.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
One of the biggest things I like about gamecenter, and one of the main reasons I still use it, is my ability to watch games after they've aired. I probably miss about 30-20 games live during the season due to random shit, but being able to come home and watch it from the beginning is great.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
One of the biggest things I like about gamecenter, and one of the main reasons I still use it, is my ability to watch games after they've aired. I probably miss about 30-20 games live during the season due to random shit, but being able to come home and watch it from the beginning is great.

Hockeystreams had Full Replay, Condensed Replay and Highlights only...... :'(

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh you wanna watch that free Lightning preseason game stream in Virginia? Sorry, blacked out lol.

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Alright so here is the official list for those interested in playing Fantasy Hockey:

Maybe:

I need you all to get back to me ASAP on the following.

1. We currently have 16 people signed up as "Yes", plus two "Maybe". Even if those two maybes do not join, we are still looking at a league of 16 managers, where each team has 22 players, meaning that (31 teams x 20 players)...over half of the league would be on a roster. Hella deep digging on drafts and free agents, where rookies and long-shots would really make up the bulk of rosters. So, question is: Do we do one large 16 team league, or do we have two identical leagues of 8-10 teams each?
2. Availability for a draft: We have people all over North America (plus one interested party way over in UK land) - so a draft would likely be like 8pm or later Central Standard Time (6pm Pacific/9pm Eastern/...2am London) during a weeknight OR we go for a weekend time that would be more accessible.

1. one HUGE league. CreeperTrade Thrives in this environment.

2. Sometime on the Weekend. Like 9PM or (10PM AST for me) it really doesn't matter. i can auto draft stuff and trade/ waive for the people i want.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to gamecenter and not dealing with blackouts since I'm in Ontario. If I was blacked out, 100% would not be paying for it.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
[deep cigarette drag]
I know a place for streams if that's somewhere you're looking to go.
[slow exhale]

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Great story about Jack Hughes' overtime goal last night.

NHL.com said:
"I guess you couldn't draw it up any better ... two goals in this game," Subban said of Hughes. "I take credit for his OT winner because prior to the overtime, I said to him, 'I heard the rumor that you get one goal and then shut it down, so are you full or do you want more?'

"He told me, 'That's not me,' and I said, 'I've got to wait and see,' and he scored the winner, so he's already listening and learning."

With a younger team I feel like Subban's going to relate to these guys much better than he had in some previous organizations. Not giving him too much credit, but I like the idea of him pushing these guys in subtle ways like this.

I haven't been this excited for a new season in forever.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Alright so here is the official list for those interested in playing Fantasy Hockey:

Maybe:

1. We currently have 16 people signed up as "Yes", plus two "Maybe". Even if those two maybes do not join, we are still looking at a league of 16 managers, where each team has 22 players, meaning that (31 teams x 20 players)...over half of the league would be on a roster. Hella deep digging on drafts and free agents, where rookies and long-shots would really make up the bulk of rosters. So, question is: Do we do one large 16 team league, or do we have two identical leagues of 8-10 teams each?
2. Availability for a draft: We have people all over North America (plus one interested party way over in UK land) - so a draft would likely be like 8pm or later Central Standard Time (6pm Pacific/9pm Eastern/...2am London) during a weeknight OR we go for a weekend time that would be more accessible.

1. I would prefer one big league, I like the action of deep leagues but I have a lot of free time at work.

2. As far as availability goes, much like a shirtless Landeskog in his bedroom I am versatile and can accommodate the wishes of the group as a whole. But after 8PM CT or weekends is best.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have that gaf-era gif from that Avs hype video where it looks like Landeskog is getting topped leaning over his dresser?

Razorskin

This is an awfully suspicious thing to want in the middle of the night...

the heart wants what it wants

*cough*

VsexMXR.gif

illmatic

Oct 25, 2017
Sens STYLIN on the defending champ Leafs. My boy Colin White, Brady Tkachuk, Connor Brown and Chris Tierney doing God's work

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
One of the two I use is worldcupfootball.me, adblocks engaged. If you're only able to start watching midway through a game, the web player allows you to pull the timeline back to the start and then to click the timeline forward and skip past commercial breaks or intermissions. The only, weirdly specific hangup I have is that the stream time stops as soon as the game ends, and so mousing over the timeline during a rewound game can potentially spoil the final score, for example if you're excited during a close game with a few minutes left and you accidentally see that the stream will complete soon. But that's only if I get overzealous about skipping commercial breaks.

The other one is the LazyMan application. It opens the stream on your local video player, such as VLC. It archives games if you've missed either the start or the entire game, which you can stream from the beginning. I'm not sure how far back it archives, but for the sake of testing it I tried to play the April 23rd, 2019 game between Toronto and Boston, and it played fine. It also includes MLB games if you're a Barry Bonds fan.

Both options let you choose either Home or Away feeds, and I think both top out at 720p. The first one has variable resolution in stream, and the second one lets you select a set quality. I'm not sure how the website is through mobile streaming though.

If it's a Saturday and I want as much Ron as I can get, then I just use the CBC website broadcast because it includes post-game and After Hours.

Oct 25, 2017

Maybe:

1. Don't have a preference either way
2. Can't do Saturday, Wednesday, Thursday nights so try not to have it those nights

Oct 25, 2017
So, Laine complains:

- with how good he is if he were on another team he'd be playing with the best
- that Maurice favours Little too much

I don't believe Wheeler for a second. He just doesn't want this becoming a bigger thing if he emotes publicly and adds fuel. Some masterful spin from a guy who is normally jumping at chances like this. Must be preseason.

Maybe:

You missed me (end of page) and I'm the dude who has been defending you!

1. One big league, I guess. But I strongly recommend cutting back the team size big time. That means you're not wasting your time debating between scrubs and the draft won't take several hours.
2. How about Sunday at 9am PST

Oct 26, 2017
The wheels falling off of the Jets makes me feel a tiny bit better about the Preds' backslide into first-round jobbers.

Remember when the Preds and Jets were the top two teams in the league? Seems like so long ago.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I will say though, that I was pretty relieved at the news. Buff pondering a sudden retirement due to injuries or age or whatever is rough for the team but the best news for the player. Just glad it wasn't a serious illness in the family or anything like that.

Tangent: Trading a draft pick for Honka and seeing what the D looks like after a few weeks/months would certainly be my ideal solution to a really unfortunate problem. But hey at least the timing means that they didn't just give Buff's money to Tyler Myers!

MikeRahl

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ the TSN app is pure shit.

Trying to get it on my Android TV box, of course they don't have a dedicated app for Android TV.

Try to use the my phone to cast it and of course they don't have a casting option implemented in their app because it's 2019 and who needs casting.

Fucking Bell media, all their apps are pure shit ( TSN, Crave, ALTTV etc)

When I was subscribed to TSN I was able to side load the APK for TSN onto my Amazon Firestick 4K and have it work. It was annoying because it clearly didn't like that but it was usable.

Delryk

Oct 25, 2017
if you have NHL Live but there's blackout problems.. use Opera browser with VPN enabled and just HDMI it to your tv.

this happens to me for like 4-5 games a year and that's what I do to bypass blackouts. Only reason why I keep Opera installed. lol. Their VPN option is quite helpful