• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hi guys.

Trade deadline is February 26.
NHL entry draft is June 22.

Fire Bergevin.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Solo

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Reality is setting in for a number of teams:

Arizona
Buffalo
Ottawa
Montreal
Vancouver
Florida
Edmonton
Detroit

That's 8 teams realistically already eliminated, if not mathematically. So sure, why not an off-season thread when 25% of teams are done?

19 & 21

Oct 25, 2017
e0k8gdm0dl501.gif

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
Reality is setting in for a number of teams:

Arizona
Buffalo
Ottawa
Montreal
Vancouver
Florida
Edmonton
Detroit

That's 8 teams realistically already eliminated, if not mathematically. So sure, why not an off-season thread when 25% of teams are done?
8 teams from two divisions XD

OP
OP
Solo

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol yeah it's a crazy season. Meanwhile, EVERY team in the Metro and Central has a winning record.

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
I'm home. The Habs are playing some of the worst hockey I've seen in decades. In fact, I don't ever remember them being this boring to watch. Bring on the fire sale!

ShinRPGamer

Nov 4, 2017
Not even waiting for February before making this thread.

See you in April-May depending on when the Jets get booted.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Drouin does kinda suck tho
That's the situation that irks me the most. I was thinking don't trade a good D prospect. They're more valuable than you think. They do it so then I'm thinking I can be optimistic about Drouin. Then Drouin sucks and is obviously not an answer at center, and now what? Frustrating season.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
A few random thoughts about the Oilers...
Disappointing season because of last year's playoff success, but it's not a complete disaster. They still should be considered rebuild mode and trying to build 2 good lines around McDavid and Draisaitl. Expectations were too high this year. Some players couldn't repeat last year's numbers and management has been frustrating.

The Eberle trade was a salary dump, but Strome is useless. He's not the only one who blew a great opportunity to play with Connor and scoring from the wingers is the Oilers greatest problem. The team is full of 4th liners. Khaira and Caggulia have hustle but they're never going to be much.
Get a RW sniper for McDavid and he's winning the Hart for a decade. Maybe that can be Puljujarvi. He's starting to grow out of that "Bambi on ice" awkwardness and show signs of why he was ranked so high.

Another positive is Darnell Nurse. Taking it slow with his development has paid off and he's definitely a keeper. Injuries to Klefbom and Sekera were a big factor for the Oilers D struggles this year. Talbot had an off year in goal but I'd stick with him.

Another positive is Nugent-Hopkins. Very consistent. I'd hate to see him go but he might be the only trade bait worth anything. Nobody is going to want the Lucic contract so other than picks, Nuge might be the one on the block.

I'm pretty down on coach McClellan. The team is horribly inconsistent and his line juggling just hasn't worked. The penalty kill is a complete joke. I have doubts that McClellan has any idea what he's doing.

So here we go again. Back to a disappointing season but they've got McDavid and Draisaitl locked up for 8 years so building the team around them will continue. Connor will always be worth the price of admission.

Status
Not open for further replies.