• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Solo

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Too bad Veleno didnt slide 5 spots....hated the idea of drafting him at 3 but would have loved to get him at 35.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
MNpGOg2.gif

In Dubas We Trust

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Draft winners:

1. Isles
2. Rags
3. Wings
I would put the Wings above us just because they sat still and didn't move any assets and STILL got Zadina and Veleno at 6 and 30 somehow.

Feel pretty good about our night, though. I think the K'Andre Miller pick in particular may be a huge coup. Lundkvist could be a real nice get at 28, and Kravtsov has crazy high potential (even if he's not Wahlstrom or one of the top ranked D).

Most importantly, all of these picks fit in pretty precisely with how the front office has been saying they want to go about this rebuild. So far they've stayed the course and followed through on everything they said they were going to do.

OP
OP
Solo

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that sucks for Habs is the wait. It's an unsexy pick from the point of view that Kotkaniemi isnt going to be in the CH for probably 2 years whereas a Zadina is there in October.

But I think long term it's the right pick for the team.

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If any stars fan in the whole world thinks coach Monty will put the Stars in a playoffs position with the same team as last season in the next three years I'll personally make the trip to wherever they are to slap them in the face twice

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe Veleno went 30th, that feels like a mistake for ever team that picked in the 20s for sure

Nov 2, 2017
Zadina and Veleno. Wings fans everywhere thank teams for overthinking things. Holland did a good job. And we still have the early 2nd rounders if we come away with 2 of Wilde, Samuelsson, Thomas or Woo, holy shit.

Yawnier

Oct 25, 2017
Missed all the picks after SJ taking the Dopey Boy last night because of work.

... I am somewhat worried as to what the Leafs passing on Bokk and Veleno could look like in as soon as 2 or 3 years. Sandin seems like a fine pick, sounds a lot like a Swedish Dermott but whew lawddddddddddd. I didn't have a problem with the Leafs trading down from the Konecny pick in 2015, but this one idk man.

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
I admit I was surprised to see his name linked with Detroit when I woke up this morning. I don't keep close tabs on the draft, but it was my understanding he was likely to go before round 6. I thought maybe Montreal did something dumb, but they got themselves a center. That makes sense for them, no? They keep looking for a center to man the first line. Perhaps this guy will do that soon enough for them.

But yeah. Totally glad to see Zadina will be eating up that pizza pizza.

EDIT: zroid you're still keeping up our avatar bet. :)

Greekboy™

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Real pleased to see the Caps free up space with that Orpik trade. Pretty much means that Carlson is staying too. Kempny should be their next priority.

Bo Neslek

Oct 25, 2017
Canada's Ear
I just read a Pronman bit on TA where he is... writing to himself? He writes a paragraph about each pick, and then he puts in a 'Pronman's Take' - but they're all Pronman's takes.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty boring draft day, no crazy trades. There was some ineptitude, but that's it. You also know Carlson and JT are staying put.

Status
Not open for further replies.