• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reven

Oct 25, 2017
If they suspend the season they should declare the Bruins the champs.

I may have some money on them in Vegas.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
So, uh, how about some ice hockey for some reason?

Di Giuseppe-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Panarin-Strome-Fast
Kakko-Howden-Fogarty
Lemieux-McKegg-Gauthier

Smith-Trouba
Staal-DeAngelo
Lindgren-Fox

Georgiev

Razorskin

Oct 25, 2017
wow at the NBA suspending the season. The NHL is probably going to follow suit.

Sens should throw the game tonight against LA and they could end up with the 2nd and 3rd overall picks after tonight and hope for a shortened season.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
... oh and when I say I doubt there will be playoffs I mean there will be, but after the summer break when (if?) things settle down.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
14CdFsh.gif

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
We should cancel the rest of the season tomorrow before the Hawks decide to go on another winning streak.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
No way the NHL doesn't follow the NBA's lead, the question is for how long? How does this affect the lottery, draft, etc? Good year for the Habs to be fucking ass, I was ready for this season to be over a month ago anyways.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
No way the NHL doesn't follow the NBA's lead, the question is for how long? How does this affect the lottery, draft, etc? Good year for the Habs to be fucking ass, I was ready for this season to be over a month ago anyways.
I'd guess that if they do actually cancel the rest of the season, then they just go by the standings whenever they call it.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Flyers were looking pretty toasty this year and now a virus will take our away our chances...

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018

The Jets are winning tonight, so If they win, the canucks are out of the playoffs (tied with Nashville or 2nd wild card, but them holding the tiebreaker). Jets will be two points ahead, but also will have played two more games than us which would be straight up unfair.

They should base it off 82 games, what the teams final total in points would be if they continue the current trajectory.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
If they cancel the rest of the season, the Stanley Cup should go to the last team to beat the previous years President's Trophy winner.

It's only fair.

Oct 26, 2017
Feels like the only "fair" way to determine playoff seeding in a situation like this is by using points percentage. It would screw the Jackets (and maybe Jets?), but everything else would be roughly the same.

Not that it matters, because I have a hard time seeing the league going forward with the playoffs.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
lol vancouver would miss the playoffs because of regulation wins

The Jets are winning tonight, so If they win, the canucks are out of the playoffs (tied with Nashville or 2nd wild card, but them holding the tiebreaker). Jets will be two points ahead, but also will have played two more games than us which would be straight up unfair.

They should base it off 82 games, what the teams final total in points would be if they continue the current trajectory.

no the canucks would be auto out... its so broken

Pinku

Dec 21, 2017
Mika Zibanejad with 41 goals in only 57 games. I did not know he could be this good of a player. To bad he was injured and missed 12 games.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
AHL Toronto's Jeremy Bracco has returned to the team. He's been away since February 1 for "personal reasons." Prior to that, both he and the parent club explored a trade to see if there were other opportunities. Welcome back, young man. Fresh start. All the best.
Add another Leaf prospect to Dopey's pile of garbage

Last edited:

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
SHUT IT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ES4ktVlWkAEdc_d

I am okay with no lottery as well. Just draft as according to the standings.

give me Byfield and Stutzle unf unf unf.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.