• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

But I'm ok with a poster on page 97. Have no Lottery. Wings get #1.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
They can suspend the league but what are they going to do with trainers/practices etc. How will players practice and and maintain shape. Even after bye weeks we see a lot of injuries on the first game back. Honestly might be better to just cancel and return in October

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They can suspend the league but what are they going to do with trainers/practices etc. How will players practice and and maintain shape. Even after bye weeks we see a lot of injuries on the first game back. Honestly might be better to just cancel and return in October
There is too much money already invested in player acquisitions and all that crap.

they will first postpone the season and then most likely cancel it a month after, depending on the situation.

no reason to outright cancel the season at this point.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Points percentage is the first tiebreaker. It does seem odd when every team plays 82 games, but it applies in extreme circumstances like this one.

Calgary 0.564
Winnipeg 0.563
Nashville 0.565
Vancouver 0.565

Vancouver would be 3rd in the Pacific. Nashville would get the 1st WC, and Calgary the 2nd.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
89897770_254918175504389_3187764979524698112_n.jpg

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Final game before the playoffs in Sweden tonight.
All arenas are empty. It's so eerie to see.
Playoffs was supposed to start saturday but postponed for two weeks at the minimum.

Hope NHL follows suit with that other american and european leagues are doing.
EDIT: oh, they just did..

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Not only should the rest of the season be canceled, we should just pretend this one didn't happen.

Who's with me?

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i'd be ok if they postpone it until the summer, play the rest of the regular season games and playoffs and then have a 48-56 game season next year.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Thank God
A stopped watch is right twice a season or something.

Pionk has been good, better than expected, but he's not *better* than Trouba. But it's actually very close if you isolate this year, and he makes less than half as much so...
I have watched like 10 seconds of Pionk, so I don't have an opinion, I was just surprised by the aggressiveness of the statement considering the players involved. Sounds like it's worked out for the Jets anyways.

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like the usage of the term "paused" makes it look like the NHL's intention is to eventually plan on the resumption of the season instead of abbreviating it.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to thank Geoff Molson and Marc Bergevin for making me so apathetic to the Habs over the past 5 years that I dont even care in the slightest that hockey is gone.

Now the NBA? I miss that shit. Raps looked like they could go deep again.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Apparently the league has asked teams to provide arena availability dates to the end of July. Planning ahead for possible summer hockey.

Another concern is if the season is shortened and revenue is lost, it's going to affect the salary cap. Next year the salary cap might go down, not up.

Status
Not open for further replies.