• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
CreeperBlocks

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'd like to thank Geoff Molson and Marc Bergevin for making me so apathetic to the Habs over the past 5 years that I dont even care in the slightest that hockey is gone.

Now the NBA? I miss that shit. Raps looked like they could go deep again.

If the Raptors didn't catch Corona(I'd be shocked) think of this break as a HUGE Load Management for every sports team

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
I'd like to thank Geoff Molson and Marc Bergevin for making me so apathetic to the Habs over the past 5 years that I dont even care in the slightest that hockey is gone.

Now the NBA? I miss that shit. Raps looked like they could go deep again.
If the NHL does point percentage (if the season actually resumes) then the Habs are in a better draft position.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If the NHL does point percentage (if the season actually resumes) then the Habs are in a better draft position.

And that would be great if I had any faith whatsoever in our drafting and player development, which I dont. Habs haven't drafted and developed a superstar calibre player in 25 years.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Glad ppl are mocking TNSE for explicitly stating they won't be assisting part time arena staff in any way during the stoppage. Every other team that shows a tiny scrap of compassion (or at least awareness) just makes Chipman look worse.

Heh.

fallout

Oct 27, 2017
Glad ppl are mocking TNSE for explicitly stating they won't be assisting part time arena staff in any way during the stoppage. Every other team that shows a tiny scrap of compassion (or at least awareness) just makes Chipman look worse.
I don't like to throw around this word much, but it really is pathetic.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Marvin, with a net worth of 1.84 billion united states dollars, could buy EVERY member of NHL-ERA a MILLION copies of Animal Crossing and his NET WORTH at the end would be... 1.84 billion dollars.

Think about it.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
but note: I don't want animals whatever, I have no time for shooting 'ink' on squid furries or whatever shit you Nintendo kids get up to nowadays.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
So with no hockey and my two year old still wanting to watch hockey every night, I've been simming the games in NHL 20. Holy cow, the game was NOT meant to sim 20 minute periods though - the stats are insane.

90+ shots per team? I mean the Leafs had a two-goal lead and blew it in 10 seconds, so the simulation isn't all bad...

I adjusted gameplay sliders for the Oilers/Islanders game, to make the puck more 'loose' and it's better but still not quite there. McDavid and Draisaitl work to pick up what should be everyday passes, and the d-men absolutely STRUGGLE on point-to-point passing.

Jameson loves watching it, but I'd still like to tweak it more to get more realistic results and stats. We're watching the Leafs/Boston game sim right now and it's still way too shot heavy.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Instead of HNIC, the CBC is showing Bon Cop Bad Cop 1 and 2.
Are you shitting me? Crappy movies is the best alternate coverage they can come up with? Just kill me Corona.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Some teams lack the character and intangibles that they are always talking about and looking for in players.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017

So what the hell is happening with the draft? Are they just going to go off the standings as of now? Or what?

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

So what the hell is happening with the draft? Are they just going to go off the standings as of now? Or what?

Draft is likely going to get delayed. This is going to get worse before it gets better. Its expected to escalate throughout April. Honestly, I can't see any NHL/NBA games being played until May at the absolute earliest, and maybe even not then.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Draft is likely going to get delayed. This is going to get worse before it gets better. Its expected to escalate throughout April. Honestly, I can't see any NHL/NBA games being played until May at the absolute earliest, and maybe even not then.

May without fans, otherwise June/July is probably a better bet at this point. I'm worried about vacation I have booked for August...

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The interesting thing in the case of the NBA is that the league has been contemplating how to rework the schedule in order to get away from the NFL. Coronavirus may do it for them. Because if the NBA Finals end up in like August, the new season wont be kicking off in October.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Now that Winnipeg has also reverted course and is paying their stadium workers, the current shitlist is:

Boston (where Bruins players are stepping up to pay instead)
Columbus
Minnesota
Vegas
Blues
and of course, the Sens

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
That's why I asked, the draft can be managed easily with limited contact and it seems a lot easier to just do it based off the standings as is, rather then trying to finish the season and figure it all out months from now.

Now that Winnipeg has also reverted course and is paying their stadium workers, the current shitlist is:

Columbus
Minnesota
Vegas
Blues
and of course, the Sens
Raise your hand if you're surprised Jeremy Jacobs is a piece of shit who won't commit to supporting his own employees

*tumbleweeds*

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if the NBA and NHL just call it off if it drags into June/July, despite asking for arena availability.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Its NBA but NHL will follow suit. They are thinking June with no fans as the optimistic view:

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Adam Silver wants to finish the season and they'll go right up to the start of the NFL season if necessary. My guess is they do it and the ratings are huge, leading them to consider switching the schedule permanently.

NHL can't do it, though. Summer heat makes the ice terrible at numerous locations in the league. More than likely they either jump right into the playoffs or just cancel it outright.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Adam Silver wants to finish the season and they'll go right up to the start of the NFL season if necessary. My guess is they do it and the ratings are huge, leading them to consider switching the schedule permanently.

NHL can't do it, though. Summer heat makes the ice terrible at numerous locations in the league. More than likely they either jump right into the playoffs or just cancel it outright.

I think the NBA WANTS a December-September season. So yep, Coronavirus may help them achieve that.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017

Columbus
Minnesota
Vegas
Blues
and of course, the Sens

Melnyk's actually going to ask the employees to pay him instead.

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I will give credit to MLSE for at least being a bit proactive with this.

What's funny is that while we've seen media and public pressure on teams like the Jets and Flames to reverse their stances and pay their employees, everyone assumes that Melnyk can't do the same. Thus, the Sens get to escape criticism and leave their staff in the cold thanks to lowered expectations.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Habs are uploading fully simmed games from NHL 20 lmao

www.youtube.com

Canadiens @ Ducks (NHL 20 🎮)

Staying safe by staying home doesn’t mean we can’t have live hockey.Tune in to a CPU vs CPU stream of today's previously scheduled game in Anaheim via NHL 20.

This is the weirdest timeline

They actually win, so you know it's simulated

calder

Oct 25, 2017

I fully support any stupid idea that will get the Jets into the playoff race they don't really deserve to be in.

Also, I keep forgetting about this place, what with the crazy amounts of time I've been spending making myself depressed on Twitter.

How is everyone? Staying as safe and sound as possible? Doing what you can to restrict social gatherings and not being those idiots cramming their local bars because school/work is out? Good, good.

Status
Not open for further replies.