• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Good luck MultiJhonny, you'll pull through this.

And same to RC. and anyone else who's looking for work and now is facing a sudden worldwide recession on top of everything else. I do hope that some good comes of this whole ongoing disaster though, including the realization in a LOT of countries that the social safety net is weak and frayed and needs to be drastically enhanced. Also, fuck billionaires and the giant corporations that exist to squeeze every penny out of their workers and make the world demonstrably worse every single day.

That felt dangerously sincere. Also fuck: the Wild, Hawks, Stars, Preds and Avs.

100%. Hopefully this pandemic can add to the universal income argument. It just shows our vulnerable our economy is.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
The real question is, why do corporations get away with using massive tax cuts to buy back their own stock which benefits nobody but themselves, but as soon as the economy hits a block everyone gets fired and taxpayers have to bail them out? Aren't people supposed to have 3-month emergency cash around and if not it's their own fault that they starve and die?

Socialize the losses, privatize the profits is a terrible goddamn system. Zero accountability.

AA by itself spent 15 BILLION dollars in profits over the last several years just to buy back stocks. Now they're asking for a taxpayer bailout. Why?

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Work is finally mandating WFH. Considering the line of work (engineering design/consulting firm) and the, uh, advanced age of many of our people, this needed to happen far earlier.

Good luck RC & MJ. The next little while is going to be tough but I hope we can all bounce back.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
The real question is, why do corporations get away with using massive tax cuts to buy back their own stock which benefits nobody but themselves, but as soon as the economy hits a block everyone gets fired and taxpayers have to bail them out? Aren't people supposed to have 3-month emergency cash around and if not it's their own fault that they starve and die?

Socialize the losses, privatize the profits is a terrible goddamn system. Zero accountability.

AA by itself spent 15 BILLION dollars in profits over the last several years just to buy back stocks. Now they're asking for a taxpayer bailout. Why?
Because they bribe politicians to create a system that allows them to do that.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
That felt dangerously sincere. Also fuck: the Wild, Hawks, Stars, Preds and Avs.

29d.jpg

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I won't buy a console until Dopey tells me which one will be faster, stronger, cheaper, sell better, more innovative, have the better 1st party games and enjoy the most dev support.

Only then can I ensure I make the correct choice by picking the non-Microsoft option.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
"What do you mean the casual gamer didn't like watching 1 hour of some nerd rambling about SSD speeds & L2 Cache in our first public reveal of the console" - Sony marketing chief in their house somewhere.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I have switched between sweats, gym shorts, and slightly more presentable sweats exclusively since Monday.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Work has been so eerily normal the last 2 days. I've started getting mundane non COVID-19 tasks and it's weirdly re-assuring but I'm sure it's just the calm before the storm.

Still minimal detected cases in Manitoba and large segments of the place have been mostly or entirely shut down all week. Don't think there's a single restaurant you can sit down in left operating, all the coffee shops, boutiques, and gourmet doughnut shops closed in my neighbourhood etc. The microbreweries are all pickup only, the high end gin distillery is making hand sanitizer for the homeless charities, it's bizarre how everything is so different and then I get on an empty bus and drive drown almost empty streets to my totally normal cubicle.

Deleted member 4375

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since I was laid off on Tuesday until... Whenever this ends, I've begun delving into my game collection. I'm kind of forgetting what day it is at some points, however, since no work and no sports are around to remind me.

Stay safe, you bunch of jerks.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else still working? ... this is dumb.

Buddy works at Best Buy and instead of sending people home they're offering an increased hourly pay for people to come in.

That's just about the most counter-productive thing I've ever heard.

And then they had the gall to send people an email saying literally "this isn't about profit, it's about the people needing us now more than ever".

BULL
SHIT

MultiJhonny

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Buddy works at Best Buy and instead of sending people home they're offering an increased hourly pay for people to come in.

That's just about the most counter-productive thing I've ever heard.

And then they had the gall to send people an email saying literally "this isn't about profit, it's about the people needing us now more than ever".

BULL
SHIT

Only peeps who can get away with that is grocery stores. The best Texas based grocery store is giving all hourly employees a 2$ an hour raise, even the temp ones they just hired.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
I don't think we will be seeing playoff hockey all year.
Strong possibility.
Man, this sucks. I normally love this time of year. Baseball is starting. Hockey and Basketball playoffs. This is how spring is supposed to be enjoyed.
I understand the severity and agree with what needs to be done, but damn, this really sucks.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Strong possibility.
Man, this sucks. I normally love this time of year. Baseball is starting. Hockey and Basketball playoffs. This is how spring is supposed to be enjoyed.
I understand the severity and agree with what needs to be done, but damn, this really sucks.
This is all Edmonton's fault, making the playoffs confused reality and this season had to be cancelled to ensure that wouldn't happen.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
CBC getting smarter. They'll be showing the Gordie Howe and Terry Sawchuck bio movies in the HNIC time slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.