• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
www.espn.com

Rangers condemn racial slurs in hijacked chat

The Rangers are investigating how prospect K'Andre Miller's video chat with fans became flooded with racial slurs directed toward the African American player.

The New York Rangers are investigating how prospect K'Andre Miller's video chat with fans was "hijacked" by racial slurs directed toward the African American player.

Miller, 20, took part in a video Q&A on Zoom that was limited to 500 participants on Friday afternoon. With about 150 fans streaming the chat, the comments section for questions was overrun with the N-word being published over and over again, under different user names, before the comments were turned off.

Videos of the incident circulated on social media, and both the Rangers and the National Hockey League put out statements condemning the act.

"We held an online video chat with fans and New York Rangers prospect, K'Andre Miller, during which a vile individual hijacked the chat to post racial slurs, which we disabled as soon as possible," the Rangers said. "We were incredibly appalled by this behavior, which has no place online, on the ice, or anywhere, and we are investigating the matter."

A source told ESPN that the incident was forwarded to the FBI.

Pretty fucking disgusting, but then again the Rangers shouldn't have used Zoom considering how unsecure it is.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
www.espn.com

Rangers condemn racial slurs in hijacked chat

The Rangers are investigating how prospect K'Andre Miller's video chat with fans became flooded with racial slurs directed toward the African American player.

Pretty fucking disgusting, but then again the Rangers shouldn't have used Zoom considering how unsecure it is.

I didn't catch this live. But fuck those racist assholes.

Glad the NHL took a strong stance against this versus trying to soften the language.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Has the NHL said what is happening with people who had the NHL TV subscription?

Looked through my emails and didn't see anything.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
The thing that gets me is the Jets were just about to start an 11 game winning streak to end the season with 102 points and then sweep the Avs in the first round on their way to a Cup finals berth, and who knows maybe they had a chance against the Lightning? Sad we won't get to see it.

Also, the pandemic sucks in other ways I guess.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Blake Wheeler just sent an email (well, had one sent) of thanks and well wishes to all the health care workers in the province basically.

tenor.gif

Has the captain of your team sent me an email of appreciation? No he has not.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
The thing that gets me is the Jets were just about to start an 11 game winning streak to end the season with 102 points and then sweep the Avs in the first round on their way to a Cup finals berth, and who knows maybe they had a chance against the Lightning? Sad we won't get to see it.
Dang. I didn't know the Jets served that type of kool-aid. I thought that was just a Leaf drink.

I suppose all teams in a playoff spot deserve their "what could have been" thoughts.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Blake Wheeler just sent an email (well, had one sent) of thanks and well wishes to all the health care workers in the province basically.

tenor.gif

Has the captain of your team sent me an email of appreciation? No he has not.

Mine only donated $100,000. I guess writing an email on top of that is asking too much.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really, having all this time to do what I want with and not feeling guilty about watching this stupid team lose every game has been fantastic. I will miss the playoffs, but even that is whatever.

With you on this. I got stuff happening on my own end that hockey's been on the back burner a little.

lamaroo

Oct 25, 2017
Oilers' Colby Cave dies at 25
www.thescore.com

Oilers' Colby Cave dies at 25

Colby Cave, a forward in the Edmonton Oilers organization, died Saturday after suffering a brain bleed earlier this week, the club confirmed."It is with great sadness to share the news that our Colby Cave passed away early this morning," his family said in a statement. "I (his wife, Emily) and...

Damn, way too young.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So, I was listening to a Swedish NHL podcast and they have started picking the all-time national teams picked from how the players did in the NHL.

Russia/Soviet obviously had some players that never played or played so late in the NHL that they got excluded.

They just did team Canada and the team is obviously ridiculous.

Starting players:

Patrick Roy

Bobby Orr
Ray Bourque
Mark Messier
Mario Lemieux
Wayne Gretzky

How about we pick a favourite/top team or lines for some countries?

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
SN had a replay of the Hawks Broons SCF game where they scored 2 in like a minute. I lived vicariously though the Hawks on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.