• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
That OT is a thing of beauty

are we doing a bracket again this year so I can pick the Jets to win it all again and be pleasantly surprised when they make it to the third round before being roflstomped?

also, anyone but Tampa winning means I laugh at my friend who's a TBL fan, so that please

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
holiday Great OP man. I want you to do my eulogy.

Based on the teams that made it, I'm routing for a Caps repeat.

Also for a Bruins sweep for the lols. OR a Bruins come from behind victory in Game 7 for the major lols.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My temporary residence.

I think we can add Pierre Mcholiday to the NHL-ERA impersonation roster of Don Quick, Ian "zroid" Graph, and Forza alts.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Going with all the higher seeds in the East:
- Tampa
- Washington
- Boston
- Long Island

Split between higher and lower seeds in the West:
- Calgary
- Nashville
- St Louis
- Vegas

Oct 28, 2017
Sharks are the Dodgers of the NHL without the history. They will blow it.

Hope Knights lose too.

Other than that whatever.

Oct 26, 2017
Of course Preds-Stars get the 8:30PM death slot

That's what I get for shitting on NBC airing hockey on the Golf Channel last year

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
I actually think Laffs will win this one in 6 games.

Hockey is weird where the narrative instantly changes with no warning.

Also Blowjobs in 7.

Don't care about the rest...

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How are the Tampa Bay Lightning expected to do?

I don't watch hockey but I have a friend who is obsessed with them, and wants us to drive 4 hours south to catch a playoff game of theirs (probably $200 to get in the door I imagine).

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

I don't watch hockey but I have a friend who is obsessed with them, and wants us to drive 4 hours south to catch a playoff game of theirs (probably $200 to get in the door I imagine).

Stanley Cup favourites, that is if they don't choke and Stamkos doesn't show up again. But of course something like that WILL never happen 😏

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017

They are by far the best team and had the best regular season. If they don't win it all it will be a disappointment for sure.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Expected? They are expected to win the Cup.

But while they arent outright choke artists, I do feel like they havent done as well as they should for a number of years now. Stamkos always turns into a ghost in the playoffs and Kucherov, who typically is a playoff beast, had a terrible one last year.

All of which is to say, I wouldn't be surprised if they got to the final, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they got knocked out in Round 2.

ZoSo006

Oct 25, 2017
Winnipeg
Alright Fast Birds, please actually play some defense and wake the fuck up Laine!

I fear that neither of these things will happen...

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Great OP. The Pierre's player to watch section had me in tears.

East
Tampa - They are just too talented. I would love to see them choke it away in the first round, but CBJ just isn't enough of a cohesive unit to do it.
Washington - Reigning champs have this one in the bag. Carolina is still too green.
Boston - Toronto is soft.
Pittsburgh - The Isles had a great season under a good coach, but they are kinda getting by on smoke an mirrors. I hope I'm wrong, but the talent of the Penguins will win out.

West
Calgary - Their goaltending is shaky, but other than that they are stacked.
Nashville - I loved Laviolette when he was with the Flyers, so I'll be pulling for him. Doesn't hurt to have the best top 4 D in hockey.
Vegas - Never bet on the sharks in the playoffs
St. Louis - Easy one. St. Louis is hot. Winnipeg... not so much...

purg3

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing OP.

I feel like the Pens will either get bounced in the first round or make it to the final. They've shown flashes of being that team that won back to back Cups, but lacked any consistency whatsoever this season.

The West has some great 1st round match-ups, this is going to be a good playoffs.

fallout

Oct 27, 2017
Of course Preds-Stars get the 8:30PM death slot

That's what I get for shitting on NBC airing hockey on the Golf Channel last year
Like Marvie said, it's bullshit. I think last year the Jets and Preds played a 9:30pm local start time home game. For the Conference and Stanley Cup Finals, I kind of get having some sub-optimal start times because of the national nature of the broadcasts, but nobody outside the locals give a shit about the Jets or Blues in the first round. Just let them play at the usual 7pm.

Thankfully, one of the 8:30pm games is a Friday night and I don't have anything planned for Saturday.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Coming for you, VGK.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Sad Montreal didn't make it even though they went out with a bang.

Jumping onto the Flames bandwagon this year, go Flames bros! /a fellow habs friend

Deleted member 17630

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping my Sharks can put a bigger effort against Vegas this year. I was having flashbacks when they announced we're playing them first round.