• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Bolts fan here taking questions. Just hoping Kuch comes back and just rips a goal in the first minute and leads the comeback.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Believe it or not, I haven't seen a single pro team I follow advance a single round in the playoffs in 25 years. Reds, Bengals, and Jackets have always been bounced.

So much so that I actually full expect the Jackets to lose the next 4. I just don't think it's possible for a team I like to advance, because I haven't seen it since I was old enough to follow sports. With this in mind, name a sports town worse than Cincinnati. I'd hate to see who has it worse than us as far as losing goes.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Bolts fan here taking questions. Just hoping Kuch comes back and just rips a goal in the first minute and leads the comeback.

Which Sport are you going to follow next?

Believe it or not, I haven't seen a single pro team I follow advance a single round in the playoffs in 25 years. Reds, Bengals, and Jackets have always been bounced.

So much so that I actually full expect the Jackets to lose the next 4. I just don't think it's possible for a team I like to advance, because I haven't seen it since I was old enough to follow sports. With this in mind, name a sports town worse than Cincinnati. I'd hate to see who has it worse than us as far as losing goes.

This thread has people from Toronto in it, show some respect

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've been saying for a few years now that whoever over pays Karlsson is going to regret it. Great player, but his body is wrecked and the deterioration will only get faster.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know HGH is a hell of a thing but even it has limitations with the severity of injuries dude has endured.

Oct 26, 2017

Historically, Atlanta, Buffalo and San Diego?

But yeah, in recent history, the bungles and the redlegs havent been the best. At least the Cyclones are respectable. Jackets have one more to go, who thinks it'll happen? I dont.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa Bay Lightning: 3 games played, 5 goals
Pittsburgh Penguins: 3 games played, 5 goals

Mark Stone: 3 games played, 6 goals

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Second time in two years we need to prepare for this shit.

I love that I have someone that I can visibly identify with in Kadri in this white bread sport but the more I stew on it the more I'm fucking pissed he did this shit again and dragged the team down again.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Historically, Atlanta, Buffalo and San Diego?

But yeah, in recent history, the bungles and the redlegs havent been the best. At least the Cyclones are respectable. Jackets have one more to go, who thinks it'll happen? I dont.

I'm talking about during my lifetime. I can't see how getting to a super bowl and losing makes your sports town worse than never advancing a single round.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like a very possible chance we've seen Kadri play his last game in a Leafs uniform

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Kane is a punk too but he'll always get a thumbs up from me for this:

I completely forgot about this, that was beautiful 😭

Once again : Ottawa did not get enough back in the Stone trade.

I agree, Branstromm is a really good prospect, but Mark Stone is, IMO, one of the best, if not the best, two way forwards in the NHL right now. A signed Stone should've netted you way more than what we got.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So my dentist friend has a colleague who just got absolutely bodied by Sean Avery on Instagram for saying racist shit about Kadri. Check out the DMs on Avery's IG... almost made me choke

Avery not only blackmailed him to donate to a charity, but then exposed him anyway 😂

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so tired of Toronto media coverage painting the Leafs as these valiant heroes up against the big bad barbarian Bruins.

I'm not gunna shed a single fucking tear for them. Canucks were complaining about this in 2011 and they were lampooned by the whole country. Boston was the "noble gentleman's team who played hockey the right way". But now that it's the Leafs it is suddenly a problem. Y'all deserve every shitty thing Boston does to you.

And I still want the Leafs to fucking win. Ugh.

Simon Belmont

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so tired of Toronto media coverage painting the Leafs as these valiant heroes up against the big bad barbarian Bruins.

I'm not gunna shed a single fucking tear for them. Canucks were complaining about this in 2011 and they were lampooned by the whole country. Boston was the "noble gentleman's team who played hockey the right way". But now that it's the Leafs it is suddenly a problem. Y'all deserve every shitty thing Boston does to you.

I thought it was wrong then, so fuck you too I guess.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
It's not a Bruins thing, it's an officiating thing. If the officials did their jobs you wouldn't be seeing this much garbage come playoff time.

But nope, this type of hockey is admired and people trip over themselves to laud players for their toughness and grit while damning skill players. You see so many dinosaurs on TV clamoring about "let the boys play"

It's rewarded more than skill this time around and it only benefits one team in any given series.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017

Honestly when people make these claims, there's not much I can say because I cannot remember how I felt back then. 2011 was a long time ago.

The only thing I can say is, it's complete bullshit that DeBrusk is going to get off without any discipline.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck shitstache Bennett, hopefully Zadorov introduces himself tonight.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
It's not a Bruins thing, it's an officiating thing. If the officials did their jobs you wouldn't be seeing this much garbage come playoff time.

But nope, this type of hockey is admired and people trip over themselves to laud players for their toughness and grit while damning skill players. You see so many dinosaurs on TV clamoring about "let the boys play"

It's rewarded more than skill this time around and it only benefits one team in any given series.

There's a difference between letting go hooks, holds, borderline checks and elbows, high sticks and knees

You can let them go without allowing cheapshot garbage.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry

The officials failed to do their jobs and let the game get out of control. They let the Bruins dictate it with dirty plays, and Kadri let that get into his head again.

The refs obviously aren't fully to blame, but they played a big part. I don't normally complain about officiating, but man that was awful. Just looking back at Sportsnet's clip of all of the big hits and scrums shows it.

So much bellyaching for a 1-1 series where the Leafs have home ice advantage.

?

The Leafs don't have home ice advantage.

Seems like a very possible chance we've seen Kadri play his last game in a Leafs uniform

I kind of hope so now. He's too much of a liability in the playoffs.