• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
I'm so tired of Toronto media coverage painting the Leafs as these valiant heroes up against the big bad barbarian Bruins.

I'm not gunna shed a single fucking tear for them. Canucks were complaining about this in 2011 and they were lampooned by the whole country. Boston was the "noble gentleman's team who played hockey the right way". But now that it's the Leafs it is suddenly a problem. Y'all deserve every shitty thing Boston does to you.

And I still want the Leafs to fucking win. Ugh.

I know that that series was the year my hatred for the Bruins was born. I don't know how they can ever be seen as 'noble' when they have players like Marchand and Chara still playing for them. At least Lucic left I guess but I still hate his guts too despite the fact he now plays for a Canadian team. Don't get me started on scumbag Tim Thomas.

I don't know how anyone could call them 'noble' that year. I never heard that from anyone. They were a bunch of thugs who's whole identity was dirty hits and other scummy behaviour at the time. The only people I heard calling them noble were the kind of people who yearn for the days of headhunting and other scummy bullshit.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love how Kadri will be made the easy scapegoat for the when the Leafs lose the series. Babcock probably does too because it will keep people looking the other way juuuust a little bit longer before he gets exposed as the most overrated coach in the league.

Dont get me wrong, Kadri is a dumbfuck who deserves whatever suspension he receives, but the Leafs losing the series won't be due to his recklessness, even though the Toronto media will be ready to say it is.

PS reminder that Babcock coached a Team Canada team that Creeper could to gold and hasnt been past the first round in a decade.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
must be one hell of a hearing. going on for 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Kadri and his agent probably wasted like 30 minutes at the beginning of the meeting adjusting his 10 team no-trade list to make sure it's ready to go for the offseason.

EDIT: lool speaking of Kadri's NTC here is the worst hockey blog on the internet ready to throw some refried shit on the wall just cuz. I'm such an idiot they bait me into clicking even when I promise I never will again.

Serpico99

Oct 29, 2017
NYC
I know that that series was the year my hatred for the Bruins was born. I don't know how they can ever be seen as 'noble' when they have players like Marchand and Chara still playing for them. At least Lucic left I guess but I still hate his guts too despite the fact he now plays for a Canadian team. Don't get me started on scumbag Tim Thomas.

I don't know how anyone could call them 'noble' that year. I never heard that from anyone. They were a bunch of thugs who's whole identity was dirty hits and other scummy behaviour at the time. The only people I heard calling them noble were the kind of people who yearn for the days of headhunting and other scummy bullshit.

Playoff hockey baby. The Leafs poked the bear and here we are.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holding the Kadri suspension announcement off til game time reeks of the same desperation/ratings begging as when the NHL held an hour long draft lottery show and forced 45 minutes of playoff preview onto you first.

Stop holding us hostage, NHL. I promise we will still watch the games.

Oct 25, 2017
I love how Kadri will be made the easy scapegoat for the when the Leafs lose the series. Babcock probably does too because it will keep people looking the other way juuuust a little bit longer before he gets exposed as the most overrated coach in the league.

Dont get me wrong, Kadri is a dumbfuck who deserves whatever suspension he receives, but the Leafs losing the series won't be due to his recklessness, even though the Toronto media will be ready to say it is.

PS reminder that Babcock coached a Team Canada team that Creeper could to gold and hasnt been past the first round in a decade.

If you think the Toronto media is going to let another first round exit slide on Kadri being out again, you're just plain wrong. I don't know what you consider the Toronto Media (It's more than just SN and TSN) but it's been a fairly common opinion that Babcock might not be the right coach for this team. I can pretty much guarantee if this series doesn't go well even the mainstream narrative will be he's on the hot seat and the team needs to go on somewhat of a run in 2020 or he'll be gone.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Holding the Kadri suspension announcement off til game time reeks of the same desperation/ratings begging as when the NHL held an hour long draft lottery show and forced 45 minutes of playoff preview onto you first.

Stop holding us hostage, NHL. I promise we will still watch the games.

"Watch the Huawei P30 Pro Kadri suspension announcement live only on Sportsnet 360"

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
I really like Kadri. I'm just so disappointed in his temper and recklessness.

I'm half Lebanese so I'm always going to cheer for him...

I'm really hoping the suspension is less than 4 games. And let's please please win tonight.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
The Kadri suspension isn't as bad as it could've been, or as bad as I expected because of his repeat offender status and being an idiot. But the fact that DeBrusk got nothing for his antics and dirt is laughable.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kadri suspension is gutless. Should be a fixed number of games that roll over to next season.