• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe Dallas won a round with Polak taking up someone else's time. They're overcoming all the obstacles.

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
KLINGBERG!!!

BRING ON THE BLUES!!!

GGs Nashville.

tumblr_nqk71f94nc1upe1ufo1_500.gif

Oct 26, 2017
gIvE Us OnE MorE cHanCe toGETHEr, poILE

Honestly, fuck these underachieving assholes and the coaching staff. Many of them deserved to be shipped off for this embarrassment of a season.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Now that my ban is over I can state my thoughts on the first round so far:

1) Leafs fucking blew it yet again. I feel for Toronto fans cause I can't see them winning a game 7 in Boston. I hope I'm proven wrong but history says otherwise. Always chokers.

2) Jets are a disgrace and should be completely embarrassed about their game 6 effort. Fucking terrible.

3) Good for Carolina and San Jose for dragging their rotting corpses back into their respective series. Anyone who beats Vegas is a friend of mine and Washington won last year so please go away.

4) Yay Dallas! At least if the Jets went down they took Nashville with em.

Now to wait for the inevitable leafs disappointment tommorow. At least the raps are still alive.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
gIvE Us OnE MorE cHanCe toGETHEr, poILE

Honestly, fuck these underachieving assholes and the coaching staff. Many of them deserved to be shipped off for this embarrassment of a season.
I mean, at what point do Preds fans become cognizant of the fact this guy has been a GM for fucking 20 years and literally produced almost nothing? He's made a lot of good moves (Subban trade included) but almost any other market and this guy would be rioted out of town by now.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
The thing about Nashville is every single person said they needed to go out and get a top line talent at the deadline and they went and got Boyle and Granlund. I've chirped Columbus for all their trades, but Duchene has been huge these playoffs and Nashville had a bigger argument to overpay for a guy like that than
Columbus.

Oct 26, 2017

Sure sounds like the words of a coach who is past their expiration date. Folks weren't kidding when they said that Lavy is only good for a couple of years.

I mean, at what point do Preds fans become cognizant of the fact this guy has been a GM for fucking 20 years and literally produced almost nothing? He's made a lot of good moves (Subban trade included) but almost any other market and this guy would be rioted out of town by now.

This franchise has a problem with letting go. We kept Trotz as coach for who knows how many first-round-exits before letting him go after back-to-back playoff misses. Which was the best thing to happen to him, clearly.

Oct 28, 2017
31st in the NHL on the power play.

0-15 power play against Dallas.

Both assistant coaches passed responsibility back and forth all season for the power play like a hot potato trying to find something that worked.

Neither assistant coach should be allowed inside the city limits of Nashville again.

This is almost Cleveland Browns level of ineptitude.

Oct 26, 2017
The thing about Nashville is every single person said they needed to go out and get a top line talent at the deadline and they went and got Boyle and Granlund. I've chirped Columbus for all their trades, but Duchene has been huge these playoffs and Nashville had a bigger argument to overpay for a guy like that than
Columbus.

It wouldn't have mattered, because everyone who does gets traded to Nashville "inexplicably" becomes worse.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
It wouldn't have mattered, because everyone who does gets traded to Nashville "inexplicably" becomes worse.
Obviously coaches become a target, but do you see any roster moves? It surprised me to see Subban playing such low ice time in a big game, I'm not sure if that's a Lav thing or what. Hard to be paying a 4th D that much money every year.

Oct 26, 2017
Obviously coaches become a target, but do you see any roster moves? It surprised me to see Subban playing such low ice time in a big game, I'm not sure if that's a Lav thing or what. Hard to be paying a 4th D that much money every year.

Prevailing thought is that a top 4 D is getting traded sooner than later thanks to Seattle.

I'd like to think that the Preds got rid of almost all of their RFA contracts to go after high-end players (while also taking care of Josi of course), but I know better than to think that any high-end player would want to play here.

So I'm expecting mostly the same outside of depth moves, with Smith and Granlund having improved years due to being UFAs after next season.

Oct 26, 2017
For the record, Boyle was by far the best of the trade acquisitions. Only benefit to Granlund is that he is not a turnover machine like Fiala, and Simmonds was a giant waste of time and resources.

Doubt he wants to stay, but I'd keep Boyle around for the right price.

Oct 28, 2017
Nashville has a pretty bad power play. Haven't seen them play much this year. They struggled
Ike this all year long with all that talent?

I'll just copy and paste this again.

31st in the NHL on the power play.

0-15 power play against Dallas.

Both assistant coaches passed responsibility back and forth all season for the power play like a hot potato trying to find something that worked.

Neither assistant coach should be allowed inside the city limits of Nashville again.

This is almost Cleveland Browns level of ineptitude.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Dammit, nervous as heck about today. I'm worried I won't get a spot at Maple Leaf Square.

I overslept and went to work at a "normal" time today... wanted to get there early so I could leave super early and get to Maple Leaf Square 4pm sharp. I work pretty much 10 mins away from the Leafs arena.

I'm thinking of just leaving work early anyway and making up the time another day.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I don't even know if I want to watch the game. Its like a close friend always letting you down but you still want to be there for them just in case they get their shit together.

Merguson

Oct 25, 2017
Dammit, nervous as heck about today. I'm worried I won't get a spot at Maple Leaf Square.

I overslept and went to work at a "normal" time today... wanted to get there early so I could leave super early and get to Maple Leaf Square 4pm sharp. I work pretty much 10 mins away from the Leafs arena.

I'm thinking of just leaving work early anyway and making up the time another day.

I think Maple Leaf Square is for the Raptors tonight since they're playing at home. I think there is a secondary viewing area but I don't know where.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 563

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's so hard to enjoy a game of hockey these days...grating commentary, dumbfuck analysts, idiotic fans on social media, etc. I usually avoid all that by watching non-local streams, but I can't handle Jack Edwards, so that's not an option against the Bruins. I'm just so over the mainstream Canadian NHL media spinning their narratives.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I don't even know if I want to watch the game. Its like a close friend always letting you down but you still want to be there for them just in case they get their shit together.
I can barely watch Sharks playoff games anymore. It's just too much. 15 years of consistent heartbreak will do that to you.