• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just want to see Babcock torn to shreds in his press conference. He's just coasted in reputation for years now - baffling lineup decisions, inability to adjust, shitty system for the talent in their lineup. I'm not saying players are blameless, but people still sing Bab's praises... Why?

Because winning a Stanley Cup with a roster of hall of famers and gold medals with a roster of hall of famers is hard!

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty great. He legitimately fucked them by not giving a heads up so they could at least trade him so to see him flame out and the Islanders advance to the second round is pretty perfect. Look forward to listening to WFAN tomorrow.

I agree. As good as John Tavares was during the regular season, for 11 mil you expect him to be top 10 in scoring. Virtually everyone ahead of him in scoring made less money except for McDAvid and Kane. And both cracked 100. This guy was a 88 point player on Marner's line. Overhyped.

isles literally got rid of him and replaced him with no one.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I agree. As good as John Tavares was during the regular season, for 11 mil you expect him to be top 10 in scoring. Virtually everyone ahead of him in scoring made less money except for McDAvid and Kane. And both cracked 100. This guy was a 88 point player on Marner's line. Overhyped.

isles literally got rid of him and replaced him with no one.

FA contracts are always overpriced. You're paying to acquire an asset for free. The idiotic part was not trading from your now incredibly strong forward corps to help the D.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"We are taking steps and pushing in the right direction".

Lmao cut the shit Babcock. The only thing you've pushed is 3 years off Matthew's career.

Ramenoodle

Oct 25, 2017
D44ax-6WsAAmvWj.jpg

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what to do with Babcock. Hard to find a better coach but at the same time guy hasnt done anything in the playoffs in nearly a decade.

Nashville is in a similar pickle but with their gm. They need a fresh voice. Outside of their cup appearance theyve done nothing under poile.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017

Babcock flying out to the dessert again this summer? This is starting to smell like Therrien / Subban

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure what to do with Babcock. Hard to find a better coach but at the same time guy hasnt done anything in the playoffs in nearly a decade.

Nashville is in a similar pickle but with their gm. They need a fresh voice. Outside of their cup appearance theyve done nothing under poile.

Not to worry, we've got Poile Jr. being groomed as the next Preds GM!

Just end me.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Bruins - Jackets should be an intense round, considering how physical both teams are.

Deleted member 4375

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was he the Jets home announcer this year? I thought they had a different local guy who I remember being pretty good.

No, that was Dennis Beyak, who is excellent. I just was bludgeoned to death every commercial break on TSN with Gord Miller and Cassie Campbell. If we got him at all for an announcer, it would have been on a Saturday on SN or CBC.

Oct 26, 2017
That feel when I want to see the Piss Knights lose, but I also want to see the Ass get squashed in the 2nd round which the Knights are more likely to pull off...

Oct 26, 2017
Babcock should be getting in the hot seat. He's made a ton of stupid mistakes.

- Giving Marleau 17 minutes in Game 6
- Benching Matthews in the 3rd period of Game 7 bc reasons?
- Lack of adjustments throughout the series as Boston forced them into physical play as opposed to puck movement + stretching the ice with their elite offensive talent.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Hopefully Dubas makes some moves.

Leafs seem close to being very good. Another game 7 loss means no progress. We should be doing better.

I'll be watching Avs and CBJ I think.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Babcock should be getting in the hot seat. He's made a ton of stupid mistakes.

- Giving Marleau 17 minutes in Game 6
- Benching Matthews in the 3rd period of Game 7 bc reasons?
- Lack of adjustments throughout the series as Boston forced them into physical play as opposed to puck movement + stretching the ice with their elite offensive talent.

nah the embarrassing part is babcock didn't make a single adjustment the entire year

always throwing the same trash lines out there
never fixing the PP or even changing anything to do with it

we got jake muzzin to give hainsey less ice time... guess what? let's give hainsey all the ice time.

just a constant state of stupid

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
Avs fan here. I want the Sharks to win so I can have a reason to talk shit to my friend who's a die hard Sharks fan.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
nah the embarrassing part is babcock didn't make a single adjustment the entire year

we got jake muzzin to give hainsey less ice time... guess what? let's give hainsey all the ice time.

But we're you ever worried?

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA

Now you know what us Wings fans went through for all those seasons.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Other than the goal, I liked our first period. I was worried we'd come out flat, but we look pretty solid right now.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
To all my fellow Leafs fans: we have a lot to look forward to. Matthews showed up for this series. Marner wasn't amazing but he had a career year. Same with JT. Rielly and Dermott look great.

Let's see what Dubas does after this loss.

We will get em next year.

Go Leafs go!

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think Babcock is on the hot seat, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Dubas come out of nowhere and remove him. It seems pretty obvious they're on different pages in terms of player useage and strategy, and Dubas is suppose to be an outside the box kind of guy.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
To all my fellow Leafs fans: we have a lot to look forward to. Matthews showed up for this series. Marner wasn't amazing but he had a career year. Same with JT. Rielly and Dermott look great.

Let's see what Dubas does after this loss.

We will get em next year.

Go Leafs go!

I may regret saying this in a couple of days but I think there's literally nothing to look forward to. I have no idea what it takes to build a good hockey team. What I do I see this team has all these big famous superstar names like Matthews, Tavares, Marner, and Nylander and none of it means shit. They're fucking losers. I feel like any other management and coaching team in the world would be more successful than this sack of 1st round exit losers.

Martin wasn't good enough to play for us. Komarov wasn't good enough to play for us. Yet NYI plays more playoff games than us with Martin and Komarov? Tavares leaves NYI. A superstar leaves NYI to join our team. And NYI plays more playoff games than us?

Someone else in the thread said "trade for a d and goaltender, not complex idea". They went for Jake Muzzin, a Stanley cup champion.

Doesn't mean shit. The management and coaching team has no fucking idea what they're doing.