• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Hoping for a better 2nd period here. Pens were looking good and a perfectly placed shot by Eberle and yet another giveaway leading to a 2 on 1 undoes everything.

Pens had some good chances too but keep fanning on wide open shots.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Guess I was hoping for too much. Looks like we may once again walk away with a single goal scored.

Crosby line has been completely shut down so far.

And for all the shit Murray has been getting he has kept us in these games. For every soft goal he has allowed he has stopped 5+ odd man rushes.

Pens playing very irresponsibly.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kadri should be suspended

But ugh I'm fucking disgusted at all the other plays that went unpenalized

Honestly if Toronto loses this series then Shanahan and Dubas should get fucking fired. Fuck them completely because all of this should have been predicted by them. You know the Bruins physically outmatch the Leafs. You know the refs will put away their whistles. And you know that no one on this team other than Kadri will step up to defend anyone. And you fucking know that Kadri isn't a fighter, is fucking retarded and is going to lose his temper and make some kind of dirty illegal check.

Fuck off. Dubas and Shanahan did nothing to prepare for this. Another year. Another first round match with the Bruins and another suspension for Kadri. Of course Kadri is to blame but there are external factors here that shouldn't be ignored. And Shanahan and Dubas's inability to mitigate or account for those external factors is a hallmark of incompetence. Fuck then and fire their asses.

Nah, you can't make a roster to just beat one team. What happens if you go against a faster/different team instead?

Last edited:

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Was talking about the ones in the crowd booing every time there's a slight bit of contact

They are idiots like the Pens fan friend I've been arguing with the last week.

They think the refs and/or Murray are why they are losing. They ignore the fact we are about to be down 0-3 and averaging less than 1 goals per game.

Only way we are up in this series is if Murray is posting shutouts.

I may be wrong but if he doesn't score anything this game or next it will be the first time in his career that Crosby goes pointless in the playoffs.

Edit - NVM, seems Crosby has 2 pts. Doesn't seem like he was involved but guess he has lol.

Edit 2- Nope, clicked wrong player in NHL app. Crosby indeed is pointless.

Oct 26, 2017
616.jpg

Pens lifelongs until April next year

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
The Penguins have also been not very good for most of the season. I picked the Isles in this series more because the Pens looked like frauds to me than because of how good the Islanders were.

Barzal is really something, though.

From trade deadline to end of season Pens had like the 4th or 5th best record. Really disappointing collapse but at least they gave the fans some good memories the past few years.

Obviously they still have a chance but I'm guessing the few teams that came back from being down 3-0 at least put up some fight in their loses. Even the game that went to OT felt lopsided.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
The Penguins have also been not very good for most of the season. I picked the Isles in this series more because the Pens looked like frauds to me than because of how good the Islanders were.

Barzal is really something, though.
Only the Islanders are a good team. Not anything special on the offensive side but stingy as hell on D. Pens are playing like ass but part of that reason is because the Islanders are simply outplaying them.

Hopefully they can pull off some crazy comeback.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
im no Jets fan but damn, Patrik Laine already has as many goals as Ovechkin, Malkin, Kucherov, Stamkos, Point, Crosby, Guentzel, Matthews, Rantanen, Seguin, Tarasenko, Barzal, Hedman, Erik Karlsson and John Carlson COMBINED.

thats amazing. and stats never lie.

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
R.I.P. my brackett.

Also, signing Makar now better make up for it making a big run cause we just burned an year of his ELC.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Imagine getting sweeped first round after a season where you got 62 wins. I hope that happens just for the lulz

As a Vancouver fan we had to face something similar in the 2012 playoffs.

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why this is playoff season in particular made this community lose their shit, but I am here for it. Lol

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I just watched the Sportsnet video of all of the big hits, scrums and dirty plays from last night. What a mess of a game. DeBrusk got away with murder, so to speak.

Fuck that guy.

Oct 25, 2017
I was ignoring this thread, but the absolute salt and crying like a baby from Toronto fans made me add it to my watch list. Nobody takes the leafs seriously and half the reason is because of their laughable fans lol.