• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Boston totally winning the cup now.

It'll make up for the Celtics being blown out by the Greek Freak.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
jordan-binnington.JPG

jordan-binnington.JPG

He said they were "jokes" and "sarcastic" and that he's grown up and that he was a "teenager" (he was 21), but yeah I'm thinking the young adult that made those "jokes" is probably not too different from the dude playing in the NHL now.

Maybe it's because I'm Arab but I see absolutely nothing wrong with the second tweet. The first tweet is a dickhead tweet.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the Blues are canceled now. Damn shame. Was really pulling for them.

Those tweets are at worst insensitive. Pretty tame as far as "bad tweets from an athlete's past" go.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
His tweets are racist fearmongering (who brought up airports? what's wrong with a different language) but instead of looking at it like that and apologising for past mistakes it's just hand waved as joking and sarcasm. As far as I know, the Blues didn't denounce that or anything, so I guess they don't have an issue with those types of jokes. Sports media had no issue handling him with kid gloves. Meanwhile PK gets put on blast for making things about "him". It's yet another example of hockey's uncomfortable proximity to racism.

so fuck the Blues. If they and Boston get there, this would be the only time I would cheer the Broons.

bonus:

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's because I'm Arab but I see absolutely nothing wrong with the second tweet. The first tweet is a dickhead tweet.
I guess the Blues are canceled now. Damn shame. Was really pulling for them.

Those tweets are at worst insensitive. Pretty tame as far as "bad tweets from an athlete's past" go.
Here's the other one for context, Montresor

jordan-binnington.JPG

Also, Cat Party, you forgot to lament the emergence of "outrage culture"!

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen a couple of playoff models today showing the Bruins at over 50% to win the Cup and I wonder is it too late to just cancel and like give out two Cups next season instead?

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis doesn't know how to time the Baby Shark song like Colorado does.