• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
The refs have been an absolute disaster this entire playoffs, ruining and impacting multiple playoff series. What a fucking joke, the league has to address this, this off season. What clown show.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
good thing Pevelski didn't fall on his dumb humpty dumpty ass, otherwise the national guard would have occupied St. Louis and the series would have been forfeited

Geeko

Oct 27, 2017
San Jose, CA
I saw it happen real time and thought they were going to whistle it down but they continued play. Bad beat for the blues. Hate to win on bad calls.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How the fuck do FOUR officials on the ice not see that? I can understand one, or two of them being shielded. But all fucking four?

How is that not reviewable? Man. This league is a joke.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
They can review offsides calls going back 1 billion years before a goal, but they can't review a hand pass 2 seconds before a goal?

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Still trying to wrap my head around how everything isn't reviewable....esp. in the fucking playoffs. Insanity.

As a Blues fan, even I'll say they missed an obvious delay of game on Perron in the 2nd.

The officials just fucking suck.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly not sure how more Blues players / coaches didn't lose their shit. Take the fine and give it to the refs. People complain about reviewing, but I'd rather that, than seeing a loss like this on such a brutal call.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
That's the kind of loss that steals your soul...wouldn't shock me if the Sharks win it in 5, hope I'm wrong.

Worried about Binny's spotty play and the D....

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Its fucking bullshit that if you even question them, a fucking 25,000 dollar fine is waiting for you. what the fuck?

How is that acceptable

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
At least Schenn was pissed....how did the rest of the players and esp. Berube not lose their shit?

Hate it when players and coaches take an obvious fucking and just shrug....

Oct 25, 2017
fuck the cheating sharks and their techbro shitboi fanbase
They truly are the worst

giphy.gif

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I've only seen one angle but it almost looked like to me that it bounced off the Sharks guy's glove instead of him directing it to Karlsson?

Anyone have a good replay?

Edit.. ok watched on NHL.com

He definitely swats at it... But seems to glance off the side of his glove, bounces and lands on Karlsson's stick. Not that the refs are saying this is what happened (officially they just didn't see it I guess), but I think it could be borderline if it were reviewable. The intent was there but I honestly think it sort of luckily hit the side of his glove and went to the right place. It's not super blatant like he picked up they puck and tossed it. Check the 1:00 mark on NHL.com replay.

Last edited:

Geeko

Oct 27, 2017
San Jose, CA
I don't know anymore. I've been watching close up replays posted on Facebook and it looks like it deflected off bouwmeester's shin. Just a minor glance, but it seems to changed direction.

With that said, at game speed there is no way to see that minor deflection and I'm still surprised the refs didn't call the play dead.

It could have gone either way. Had the play had been called dead and the blues ended up winning, us sharks fans would be pissed at the refs for missing the deflection.

Oct 25, 2017
I've only seen one angle but it almost looked like to me that it bounced off the Sharks guy's glove instead of him directing it to Karlsson?

Anyone have a good replay?
I don't know anymore. I've been watching close up replays posted on Facebook and it looks like it deflected off bouwmeester's shin. Just a minor glance, but it seems to changed direction.

With that said, at game speed there is no way to see that minor deflection and I'm still surprised the refs didn't call the play dead.

It could have gone either way. Had the play had been called dead and the blues ended up winning, us sharks fans would be pissed at the refs for missing the deflection.
Educate yourselves:

Rule 79 – Hand Pass
79.1 Hand Pass - A player shall be permitted to stop or "bat" a puck in the air with his open hand, or push it along the ice with his hand, and the play shall not be stopped unless, in the opinion of the on-ice officials, he has directed the puck to a teammate, or has allowed his team to gain an advantage, and subsequently possession and control of the puck is obtained by a player of the offending team, either directly or deflected off any player or official.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Chicken shit of the refs just peacing out of there. NHL has had video replay forever and they still can't get it right.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Am I wrong or did I see a bunch of "It's only a problem when it happens to the Leafs" comments when fans and staff were complaining about game 2's officiating in the Toronto-Boston series? In this thread.

I always thought those comments were annoying. Because I've noticed people consistently complaining about bad officiating throughout the entire playoffs in this thread. And I've noticed staff from other teams complaining. Marchessault from Vegas was publically pissed off after the first round. Doug Armstrong from the Blues is publically pissed off tonight. Folks - no, it's not only a problem when it happens to the Leafs. These playoffs are just horribly officiated. We've seen Marchand and Chara get away with dirty plays in multiple series. We've seen Las Vegas fucked by a bogus major power play in the first round. We've seen whatever the heck happened in St Louis earlier tonight (haven't seen the highlights).

And people in this thread are rightfully calling it out. Staff on NHL teams are rightfully calling it out. The snarky comments when Maple Leafs staff called out the NHL for bullshit officiating seemed way off base.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Am I wrong or did I see a bunch of "It's only a problem when it happens to the Leafs" comments when fans and staff were complaining about game 2's officiating in the Toronto-Boston series?

And I've noticed people consistently complaining about bad officiating throughout the entire playoffs. Folks - no, it's not only a problem when it happens to the Leafs. These playoffs are just horribly officiated. We've seen Marchand and Chara get away with dirty plays. We've seen Las Vegas fucked by a bogus major power play. We've seen whatever the heck happened in St Louis (haven't seen the highlights).
I would say that whatever Leafs fans and Leafs media feel happened in one game (ie, swallowing of whistles) is not in the same league as calls like this.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Here comes the Leafs fan to make this issue about the leafs

How do we tie this into Marner's negotiations????

Edit : RIP Holiday, how does he get banned for that while others go unscathed for worst shit?

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
Am I wrong or did I see a bunch of "It's only a problem when it happens to the Leafs" comments when fans and staff were complaining about game 2's officiating in the Toronto-Boston series? In this thread.

I always thought those comments were annoying. Because I've noticed people consistently complaining about bad officiating throughout the entire playoffs in this thread. And I've noticed staff from other teams complaining. Marchessault from Vegas was publically pissed off after the first round. Doug Armstrong from the Blues is publically pissed off tonight. Folks - no, it's not only a problem when it happens to the Leafs. These playoffs are just horribly officiated. We've seen Marchand and Chara get away with dirty plays in multiple series. We've seen Las Vegas fucked by a bogus major power play in the first round. We've seen whatever the heck happened in St Louis earlier tonight (haven't seen the highlights).

And people in this thread are rightfully calling it out. Staff on NHL teams are rightfully calling it out.
There's a difference. Officiating is shit but the Leafs only cared when it happened to them.