• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
It wouldn't negate the pass, because possession was never established by the blues player, even if it did grace his leg, which it didn't.
I don't know how many times the rule has to be posted but it seems people are incapable of reading that deflections don't really matter.
I'm not arguing that it wasn't a hand pass. I'm pointing out that video review still results in controversial calls. Very rarely are these things as cut and dry as fans make it out to be.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not arguing that it wasn't a hand pass. I'm pointing out that video review still results in controversial calls. Very rarely are these things as cut and dry as fans make it out to be.
You brought up a deflection. Deflection doesn't matter if it still leads to an advantageous situation.

When is something not reviewable? The refs gave Vegas the major after watching the jumbotron so why can't they do that here? There have been such garbage officiating this playoff it's absurd.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I'd feel a lot more amendable to proposed changes from the hockey peeps demanding replay of basically everything today if their ideas of how to do it weren't so fucking awful. Jesus some bad ideas out there by the exact same people who complain about off-sides review ruining excitement.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
The officiating this year is absolutely horrible. It is the sole reason that the Ducks missed the playoffs and aren't cruising to the Final as we speak. I'll never forgive this league, and will for the rest of my days consider the Ducks to be the 2019 Stanley Cup Champions.

Last edited:

calder

Oct 25, 2017
The officiating this year is absolutely horrible. It is the sole reason that the Ducks missed the playoffs and aren't cruising to the Final as we speak. I'll never forgive this league, and will for the rest of my days consider the Ducks to be the 2019 Stanley Cup Champions.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that if the league was even remotely competent and had even a handful of decent refs the Jets and Ducks would be in the WCF as we speak and none of this horrible stuff would have happened.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
gYqddYy.gif

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
When is something not reviewable? The refs gave Vegas the major after watching the jumbotron so why can't they do that here? There have been such garbage officiating this playoff it's absurd.

Wasn't the complaint that they did do that and shouldn't have? The NHL even apologized for it.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't the complaint that they did do that and shouldn't have? The NHL even apologized for it.

That was my point. The refs did something they were not supposed to do and did it anyway. Precedence was opened up with that play which is why it is so broken right now. They need to address everything with replay.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
That was my point. The refs did something they were not supposed to do and did it anyway. Precedence was opened up with that play which is why it is so broken right now. They need to address everything with replay.

I would think suggesting they should do it again when they shouldn't seems like not the right way to go about it though.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
The complaint after the Vegas game was people saying they shouldn't be calling what they can't see. Then after the St. Louis game people say they should have reversed the call after seeing the mistake on the screen.

The ref behind the net should have had a clear view of the puck. If he's watching the puck I don't see how he misses the hand pass. It's weird

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Damn it Canes, you're not supposed to get swept so that he Bruins can be rested in the Finals.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canes were the last hope. Does anyone really believe either of those loser teams left in the west will beat Boston?

Fuck, another Bruins Cup/Boston championship.