• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Like everything about it except that chibi look for the over world stuff. Or whatever that is. I haven't followed the game much.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hope my wallet can survive, because dammnnn... so many games.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
2rK.gif

FantasyZone

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely not digging the look of the characters on the overworld or the town building aspects, but I'll wait a couple months after release to see what the general consensus seems to be.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
Battle system still looks really simple and boring. The wars seem more interesting, but that's not a huge compliment.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
I only watched briefly, but it seems like the game is really more than just traditional rpg with things like town management and some light rts element. Interesting.

Gezech

Oct 28, 2017
I only watched briefly, but it seems like the game is really more than just traditional rpg with things like town management and some light rts element. Interesting.
Sounds like the usual Level-5 console JRPG. They usually have a lot of decently deep town building elements (Georama) and other kind of systems like photography, invention and minigames. The first Ni no Kuni was kind of lacking in that regard.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so in. I really really dig the aesthetic to this game. Just different enough from the first but equally charming and detailed. Much as I've enjoyed Xenoblade 2, I'm craving a game with serious old school world map exploration.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
As long as it runs faster and better than the first one. The first one is one of the only games to ever put me to sleep.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's so beautiful!!!

But why Chibi overworld? Whyyy? The first game had it perfect.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hate the Chibi stuff with all of my heart.

This is legit making my hype goes down... the town building stuff and the war RTS(?) stuff doesnt interests me in the slightest too.

I just wanted a better Ni no Kuni 1... why add all these stuff no one asked for? More importantly, WHY CHIBI CHARACTERS IN THE OVERWORLD?

Also, did anyone think the music that started when they show the town building stuff is extremely reminiscent of Dragon Quest's main theme? It is like... really, really similar.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Give it to me now! This so far is my most anticipated title of 2018! Absolutely so excited it's not too far off.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh Chibi.

But I do love the Suikoden like element of building up a town/castle and war battles.

Well halfway between Dark Cloud and Suikoden.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
I hate the Chibi stuff with all of my heart.

This is legit making my hype goes down... the town building stuff and the war RTS(?) stuff doesnt interests me in the slightest too.

I just wanted a better Ni no Kuni 1... why add all these stuff no one asked for? More importantly, WHY CHIBI CHARACTERS IN THE OVERWORLD?

Also, did anyone think the music that started when they show the town building stuff is extremely reminiscent of Dragon Quest's main theme? It is like... really, really similar.

The beginning is rhythmically similar but other than that it's pretty different. The DQ theme sounds more triumphant whereas this is a but more whimsical.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The overworld style is definitely worth critiquing. Why change what the first one did so well?

3bS91Yz.jpg

Deleted member 27921

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I've had this game pre-ordered since that insane B2G1 debacle at GameStop. Glad it's finally coming out in March or whatever!

and to the people absolutely freaking out about the different art style on the overworld, please do it more.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Really pretty. The top down town building stuff is what I dream Pokemon Switch will look like.

Still really not convinced about the RTS looking thing, but I'll live.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Complete media blackout on this, but I'm sure it still looks phenomenal. Can't wait for late March.

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
Having a 3DS sorta got me used to all the Chibi stuff, so it doesn't bother me, think it is supposed to be more endearing that way actually.