• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nillansan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
gOBuVYU.jpg

STEAM STORE PAGE

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Minimum (Targetting 1280X720 30 FPS)

Requires a 64-bit Processor and Operating System
Operation System - Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit, Windows 8.1 64 Bit Windows 10 64 Bit
Processor - Intel Core i5-4460/AMD FX-6300
Memory - 4 GB RAM
Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti/AMD Radeon R7 260x (VRAM 2 GB or higher)
Direct X - Version 11
Storage - 40 GB Available Space
Sound Card - Direct X 11 Sound Device

Recommended (Targetting 1920X1080 60 FPS)
Processor - Intel Core i7-3770/AMD FX-8350
Memory - 8 GB RAM
Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ATI Radeon R9 series (VRAM 3 GB or higher)
Direct X - Version 11

GRAPHICS OPTIONS
lz3MsiJ.jpg

Resolution
HDR Mode
Anti Aliasing
Maximum Frame Rate
SSAO
Motion Blur
SSR
Bloom

OWFLIzu.jpg

Depth of Field
Sunshafts
Shadow Quality
Texture Quality

NOTES
Performance Feedback

Whenever posting feedback on performance please include your PC specifications. Here's a template for the sake of convenience, feel free to use it.

TIPS, WORK-AROUNDS AND FIXES
If you have input in regards to work-arounds, fixes or general tips on improving performance, please notify me by adding me to your post, I will add it below.

Potential Fixes for Microstutter and Frame Pacing Issues
I had big issues with micro stutter / frame pacing on PC and found a tip online that solved it. Taskmanager -> Details -> Nino2.exe = Set priority to "High". Now it runs on high like butter for me. i5-2.5k, 970, 16gb Ram.
I had some pretty significant framerate issues until I disable my second monitor with Windows Key + P. I went from 20-60 FPS, extremely choppy, to 100+.
You can also fix micro stutter after alt-tab'ing by unplugging and then plugging back your controller.
Apologies if this has been said, but I had very heavy stuttering on my GTX 1060 laptop that made the game unplayable. The laptop is plugged into a 1080p TV. I found out that playing at the same res on the laptop screen worked fine. So the workaround I've figured out is to set the two screens as duplicates instead of having the picture display only on the TV. This has stopped the microstutters completely (though I do lose a little bit of performance). I hope this gets solved soon in a patch or a drivers update. The priority thing didn't help in this case.

Enabling HDR
Just a toggle but the game must be run in full screen mode to work.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CPU: i5-8400
RAM: 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
HDD: Samsung EVO 850 SSD

Getting really nice performance! Can get a locked 30fps at highest settings/4K or an avg of 90fps at highest settings at 1080p! Good port! Love the inclusion of HDR!

OP
OP
nillansan

nillansan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
I apologise for the quick and dirty thread, but I thought that the game deserved a place covering the performance aspect of the PC release.

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
On the lowest end is it possible to get 720p & 30fps with ryzen 2200g apu ? Anyone heard or tried that ?

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I can't get the game's HDR mode running on my PC with a TCL P605 hooked to it.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
i5 3350P
GTX 970
8 GB RAM

Running at 1080p with standard graphics settings.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I've been swapping back and forth between 4K+HDR on my TV and downsampled 4K with no HDR on my 1440p monitor, both with SMAA T2x enabled (though I realize I probably don't need it for the downsampling situation). Not a single drop from 60 FPS in either case with my 1080 Ti. HDR is working fine on my KS8000.

I guess next I'll try removing the 60 FPS cap and see how high it goes on my 1440p gsync monitor.
EDIT: Looks like about 100-110 FPS with downsampled 4K/SMAA T2x walking around Goldpaw, 80-90 FPS world map and battle.

Tonton

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone playing on a 750 Ti? I've been wanting to know if I can only expect 720p30 like the minimum requirements imply or if I can go higher on either framerate or resolution specially since apparently the PS4 version is 60 fps
Paired with an i3 6100 and 8GB RAM

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
I had big issues with micro stutter / frame pacing on PC and found a tip online that solved it.

Taskmanager -> Details -> Nino2.exe = Set priority to "High".

Now it runs on high like butter for me. i5-2.5k, 970, 16gb Ram.

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
i7 6700
GTX 1070
16 GB ram

On 2560x1440 on my monitor, I can get over 144fps. If I put everything at max, around 80fps in the field.

On 3840x2160 on my tv (+HDR), I have to remove anti-aliasing (who needs that at 4K?) and lower the shadows. I removed the motion blur as well. Not sure I'm at 60fps all the time, but pretty much.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
How does HDR work here? Is it a toggle in-game or do we have to enable it first in Windows before starting the game?

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
Great to see that everyone is having a good performance so far. I'm just waiting for team red before I jump in.

Oct 27, 2017
Specs: i7-4770K, 16GB Ram, GTX 1080 Ti

Playing on "high" preset at 3840x2160 w/ HDR

Mostly 60 fps but in many areas the frame-rate is choppy. Doesn't seem well optimized.

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
Specs: i7-4770K, 16GB Ram, GTX 1080 Ti

Playing on "high" preset at 3840x2160 w/ HDR

Mostly 60 fps but in many areas the frame-rate is choppy. Doesn't seem well optimized.

This might help.
I had big issues with micro stutter / frame pacing on PC and found a tip online that solved it.

Taskmanager -> Details -> Nino2.exe = Set priority to "High".

Now it runs on high like butter for me. i5-2.5k, 970, 16gb Ram.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
OS = Win 10
CPU = I7 6700K @4.0hz
RAM = 32GB DDR4 3200mhz
GPU = 1070X2 SLI
HDD = 500 GB (SSD)

I was playing today with the game set to standard quality at 4K resolution and I had awful screen tearing , the SLI profile doesn't seem to affect performance at all yet (hopefully nvidia can get one going). So I ended up trying a few things out but nothing was really a perfect solution save for one , first I attempted to just get gsync working and the only way to force it was to disable SLI as I found out but the game still operates fairly choppy even after adjusting it's app priority to high. With gsync off I ended up setting vsync from within the nvidia control panel to "fast" and this mostly worked but at the time I hadn't disabled SLI support so either that or the game itself was causing a stutter during wide camera pans and what appeared to be standard slowdown at points (it did remove the tearing though). I don't think I was really getting a locked 60 at all despite that my specs should have been more than capable of handling the game. Just now I tried knocking resolution down to 1440p while setting AA to 2X SMAA along with using HIGH settings while leaving SLI disabled (for just this game) and now it appears to run rock solid with no stutter or slowdown or tearing.

This just leads me to believe that a small driver update might fix it more than the game itself needing a patch. Especially if a proper SLI profile is added soon , seems for anyone not aiming for 4K though, it runs on a pretty big variety of hardware just fine.

capybara-dive

Nov 1, 2017
I had some pretty significant framerate issues until I disable my second monitor with Windows Key + P. I went from 20-60 FPS, extremely choppy, to 100+.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
I keep running into this glitch where the game minimizes itself. Has anyone else encountered such a thing?

SheepheadCG

Feb 27, 2018
Been hoping a solution would appear over the weekend for my issue, but have only seen one other person with the problem so far.

Game was locked at ~37 FPS with only 20% GPU usage and 30-40% CPU usage. After disabling my second monitor, It is now capped at ~67 fps with around ~30% GPU usage. I have no V-sync on, no in game fps cap etc, and there is no bottom neck as my GPU & CPU are barely being used. I have tried the task manager priority change as well, and had no luck.

Hopefully posting this here to see if other people have the issue.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Been hoping a solution would appear over the weekend for my issue, but have only seen one other person with the problem so far.

Game was locked at ~37 FPS with only 20% GPU usage and 30-40% CPU usage. After disabling my second monitor, It is now capped at ~67 fps with around ~30% GPU usage. I have no V-sync on, no in game fps cap etc, and there is no bottom neck as my GPU & CPU are barely being used. I have tried the task manager priority change as well, and had no luck.

Hopefully posting this here to see if other people have the issue.
Are you using borderless or exclusive fullscreen? I've noticed that 67 FPS is the value that the game seems to want to use if I select the 60 FPS cap, but it may also do that if it's getting triple buffering from the compositor in borderless fullscreen.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Memory - 8 GB RAM
Direct X - Version 11

Weird, I have a 970 and I'm getting over 100 fps lol, also have an i5-6600k oc'd to 4.4 which may help

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm gonna disable the in game limiter and forcing vsync with the control panel, internal seems to give weird stutters.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Win 10 64 Bit Home
GTX 1060 Max Q 6GB
Targeting 1080p w/ SMAA X2 (Tried TAA, is very blurry here)
Full Screen mode. Mixture of preferences in settings (Shadows = Standard, Motion Blur = Off, most of the rest on High).
i5 7300 HQ
16 GB DDR4 2400mhz Ram in Dual Channel Mode
Direct X 12
Storage: SSD NVEm 250 GB ( + 1 TB SSHD, but game is installed on SSD).

Getting 100~110 FPS when unlimited FPS selected. Heavy action sees it go to ~80 but empty areas also see it go higher.

Considering my attached HDMI display is 60hz top, I think I'll play this with limiter on to avoid extra GPU heat lol.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
That Task Manager on High trick.
Is there any way to have windows set it to high automatically? Or do you have to do it manually every time?

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
gOBuVYU.jpg

STEAM STORE PAGE

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Minimum (Targetting 1280X720 30 FPS)

Processor - Intel Core i5-4460/AMD FX-6300
Memory - 4 GB RAM
Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti/AMD Radeon R7 260x (VRAM 2 GB or higher)
Direct X - Version 11

Memory - 8 GB RAM
Direct X - Version 11

GRAPHICS OPTIONS
lz3MsiJ.jpg

OWFLIzu.jpg

NOTES
Performance Feedback

Whenever posting feedback on performance please include your PC specifications. Here's a template for the sake of convenience, feel free to use it.

TIPS, WORK-AROUNDS AND FIXES
If you have input in regards to work-arounds, fixes or general tips on improving performance, please notify me by adding me to your post, I will add it below.

Potential Fixes for Microstutter and Frame Pacing Issues

Apologies if this has been said, but I had very heavy stuttering on my GTX 1060 laptop that made the game unplayable. The laptop is plugged into a 1080p TV. I found out that playing at the same res on the laptop screen worked fine. So the workaround I've figured out is to set the two screens as duplicates instead of having the picture display only on the TV. This has stopped the microstutters completely (though I do lose a little bit of performance). I hope this gets solved soon in a patch or a drivers update. The priority thing didn't help in this case.

SheepheadCG

Feb 27, 2018
Are you using borderless or exclusive fullscreen? I've noticed that 67 FPS is the value that the game seems to want to use if I select the 60 FPS cap, but it may also do that if it's getting triple buffering from the compositor in borderless fullscreen.
I am using the Fullscreen option. I haven't tried borderless windowed etc. I'll have a play around with those and see if I have triple buffering forced in Nvidia settings for some strange reason lol. Cheers!

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, I think you might have the same laptop as me. I had this exact same issues before.

But thanks for the "Duplicate" screen tip.I'll check and see if that works fine. This game has beautiful art and I wouldn't mind playing it on a 55 inch screen. Currently the best way for me to play it is on the laptop screen itself where it runs on a pitch perfect 60 FPS on all settings high.

Do you by chance have a Dell Inspiron gaming laptop with a Max Q GPU ?

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting on them to fix the bug where if you have more then 1 monitor the game for some reason runs at 20 fps.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I think you might have the same laptop as me. I had this exact same issues before.

But thanks for the "Duplicate" screen tip.I'll check and see if that works fine. This game has beautiful art and I wouldn't mind playing it on a 55 inch screen. Currently the best way for me to play it is on the laptop screen itself where it runs on a pitch perfect 60 FPS on all settings high.

Do you by chance have a Dell Inspiron gaming laptop with a Max Q GPU ?

I have a Lenovo laptop, but with a Max Q GPU yes.

I think a lot of people using a secondary monitor have the same issue. I guess it's simpler on a desktop where you can just unplug the other monitors. On a laptop you can't do that if you want to play on TV.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I have a Lenovo laptop, but with a Max Q GPU yes.

I think a lot of people using a secondary monitor have the same issue. I guess it's simpler on a desktop where you can just unplug the other monitors. On a laptop you can't do that if you want to play on TV.

Ok so we can at least narrow that down. This issue seems to be affecting only laptops, maybe just max Q one's, but thanks for that tip, I'll try that Duplicate thing you mentioned after work and see how well that works.

Deleted member 25042

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Don't know why but just like FF XV the game only feels smooth using borderless.
Frame times are perfect in fullscreen but it undeniably feels stuttery.
Changing the process priority doesn't do anything for me.

Zabojnik

Oct 28, 2017
If anyone's wondering about ultrawide support ... it's the usual half-assed stuff. Cutscenes with 16:9 black bars, while in-game there are 1cm sidebars for some reason. Better than nothing I suppose, hopefully a community fix is coming. Probably just a matter of editing some values, so it shouldn't take long.

ni_no_cummy_02ksq0c.jpg

ni_no_cummy_01ncorz.jpg

I'm getting ~80-100fps playing at 3440x1440 on a 7700k + 1080 combo.