• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mister X

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
At release.

STUPID EASY.

Like, unreal how easy it was. Not once in my short playthrough did I once feel ANY sort of challenge. You might as well have been level 99 fighting level 1 rats.

No hyperbole. Just search the internet, lots of complaints.

L5 eventually had to patch in harder modes into the game. Not sure how it is now. But if you do get the game, DO NOT play on normal.
Lol, okay thanks for the heads up.

Is difficulty your major complaint? Or other bad points?

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I got quite far into the game but then I forgot to play more.... It just has no hooks.

First game I thought was bad but it had many hooks to keep you playing still. It looked so amazing, I wanted to see every world, this game doesn't look as good or interesting, in the first game you visit a very different and fastastic looking world like evey 3-4 hours, it's like a theme park ride. Collecting pokemons in the first game was also pretty interesting and much better, that was something to pursue. This game has kingdom building instead which I didn't care about at all... story is bad in both but first game has a better flow. It's like a typical fantasy adventure. This one never has urgency to push through. It's whatever. Combat is decent but there is no challenge, I don't know how the game is after difficulty patch.

Deleted member 15538

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never touching it again, might watch the cutscenes of the second dlc but that will be it.
DQXI was better but I've had enough jrpg this gen anyway. KH3 maybe as that seems to be something different at least.

Oct 26, 2017
I had enough of the copy pasted dungeons without paying to play more. Unbelievable that I'd find a Joe Hisaishi OST to be frankly oppressive and boring. Even in that trailer, it's the same tunes I've heard thousands of times. I ended up turning the music off. Probably the first JRPG I've done that.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I enjoyed Nino II,even with the simple story and easy combat at first,finished the main quest but could not do that last Door thing,by the time I reached the end,I was at level 5 Danger and did not do any damage to the Boss lol...waiting for that next DLC, if its a story one and meaty, maybe I will pick up the Season Pass...they did take way too long to get those out though.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
Man, lots of hate for this game. Personally I loved it. I already have the season pass, but I think I might wait for all the DLC to be out before going back in. Is the last one still supposed to come out early 2019?
I just don't like it cause the message of the game is weaker, Shadar/White Witch was a much stronger and more relatable villain duo, familiars could have been refined. Character interactions are weaker, music retreads last games music.

I will say the combat for the characters is better.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't like it cause the message of the game is weaker, Shadar/White Witch was a much stronger and more relatable villain duo, familiars could have been refined. Character interactions are weaker, music retreads last games music.

I will say the combat for the characters is better.

The citizens make up for losing the familiars a bit, as some of those sidequests/interactions in 2 were the best part of the game imo.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I keep forgetting this game even came out.

What a wonderful waste of money that CE turned out to be.

Do you say this because of the quality of the extras, because of the quality of the game or only because you can still find it at much lower prices now? I ask, because every now and then I get the urge to buy it when I see a good price.

dred

Oct 27, 2017
I had fun with NNK2 but it didn't quite live up to my hopes and expectations for a NNK sequel. Out of curiosity since I'll never experience it myself, did the increased difficulty patch help make the game feel more engaging? I had trouble maintaining interest in all of the peripheral systems and mechanics because at the end of the day I didn't need to engage with them much to get by, the game was just too easy. I bought it at launch so I didn't have a choice.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Been keeping my eye out for this DLC, I'll be jumping right back in when it's out. Thankfully I didn't delete the game from my hard drive.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna fall for this crap again. The media were never called out for the way they praised this shitty game to heaven. 84 MC score, my foot.

Cotrip

Oct 27, 2017
Loved the first game, but I gave up on NNK II yesterday, couldn't stand the boring characters and story. It's so bland and the combat is not fun, even on hard it's quite easy. It didn't help that I played and finished Dragon Quest XI a few weeks ago (a JRPG masterpiece imo).

Biggest disappointment of 2018.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
So, was this game actually successful enough to make them greenlight a single player dlc campaign after all?

No. This them phoning in the obligated Season Pass DLC that a lot of folks paid for and never recieved yet.

I don't know of any other publisher / developer waiting 9 full months after advertising Season Pass content to THEN make an announcement of it actually existing. Namco really dropped the ball on this one.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
No. This them phoning in the obligated Season Pass DLC that a lot of folks paid for and never recieved yet.

I don't know of any other publisher / developer waiting 9 full months after advertising Season Pass content to THEN make an announcement of it actually existing. Namco really dropped the ball on this one.

Yes I think this is even worse than the Fallout 4 season pass. I think the wait between game release and DLC specifics has been extremely protracted for NNK2, possibly more than any game I've seen yet

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
Im playing through this right now, about 5 hours in and its as good as any recent tales game IMO, really enjoying it.

Nov 18, 2018
I will not even play this even if the game and the DLC are free. It is horrible. Traded in my PS4 copy after a day. I am good with DQ11 and saving my money for Tales of Vesperia HD.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
9.5 Easy Allies folks!
That guy should never review a jrpg again, Moore still has credibility though.

It's an 85 metacritic game, a 9.5 is not an outlier, i don't know why you're calling that particular review out. The people who gave it mixed scores on metacritic are the outliers. There are 76 positive reviews for the PS4 version alone, out of 84 reviews.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
IqPgQM9.jpg

coachZ_400x400.PNG

Zephyx

Oct 28, 2017
I'm probably getting this game on a sale with all DLCs included. I'm still occupied with DQXI and have VC4 in the pipeline.

Last edited:

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Waiting for the story DLC!
Got into the game post difficulty patch and found it all well and good. The loot is a good incentive to play on harder modes too.

I found the presentation stellar and had a better time with it than NNK1. The fantasy parable seemed more aptly presented in NNK2.

The real world character, mmm, pretty clumsily implemented but I found the segments where you go back and forth between worlds in NNK1 kinda jarring anyway so neutral points there. The sidequests tied to citizens are much improved to mix and matching specific citizens pieces of heart too.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably getting this game on a sale with all DLCs included. I'm still occupied with DQXI with VC4 in the pipeline.

Those are honestly far better games anyhow. I'm not as down on NNK2 as many others, but it's definitely a game that should be gotten on a nice sale imo. Especially when you have games like DQ and VC already.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I didnt even know this game was gonna get DLC, let alone had a season pass thst tbey havent delivered on until now...

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
As a reminder this is the first of the two additionnal contents included of the season pass. The second one is supposed to be a real new story expansion, I'll be looking for this one.

Really interested in the story expansion and what it will contain. This one doesn't look anything special. Hope they'll make a GOTY edition or something with everything on the disc, would get it for the story expansion and also play this I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Looks decent. I enjoyed NNK2 a lot, it's a good game, even if it wasn't as good as the original, so I'll be happy to jump back into this one.

The Story DLC is the one I'm looking forward to the most though, hopefully that will be good and worth the wait.

Nov 1, 2017
Does anyone have the Trophy descriptions for the new DLC?

I haven't been able to find a list and I've only gotten one of them so far.

Edit: Nevermind. Found the list.

Last edited: