• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

piccio_ssl

Oct 25, 2017
latest

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Awful seems a bit of a stretch.

What didn't you enjoy? The battle system AI is the only thing I can think of but you can work around it. Personally I loved Ni No Kuni

Different strokes for sure. But in terms of its monster hunting premise and that the capture rate for said monster capturing was so damn low was an oversight that should have been revised (which made upkeep with monsters and being straddled with shitty ones even more disheartening). The combat was terrible, AI was dumb as hell, controlling for moves and multiple elements in addition to a bad camera was no fun at all. The story and sights and all that were great (well...the finale was off), but I just didn't enjoy the gameplay elements and the game does quite a bit of needless handholding for already easy elements.

Not my cup of tea.

Like I said, for what it's worth I'm excited for Ni no Kuni II and loved the demo. The first game just didn't click and in the end I was annoyed I spent as much as I did (though I heard it went as low as $10 bucks which might have made me feel a LITTLE differently).

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this game has less buzz than the first did and they keep moving it to try and give it some space, only for its release month to get crowded again, haha.

The wait mainly sucks for me because I'm curious to see impressions of the final product...

Monorojo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its okay to delay if it makes the game better.

Im about 7 hours into the og and its a bit of a letdown. Does it get better as the game goes on?

Draco

Oct 27, 2017
Please! Too many great games to get through, I want to fully immerse myself in this one when it does release!

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, now just announce the Xbox version lol

Damn, was hoping to play this on my PC come January......ggggrrrrrrr

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Actually...I'm totally okay with this. Leaves more room for Digimon and FF Dissidia.

Animekatt

Oct 25, 2017
I got the email as well. My wallet breathed a sigh of relief. Wish it was coming out in February though.

Drusycc

Nov 1, 2017
Well that's pretty disappointing if true. January is definitely not packed for me. That was the game. Uff

Wark

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
As much as I want to play it, I'd rather they take their time on the game. It's a little disappointing, but it's probably for the better.

MajorBS

Oct 28, 2017
Great White Northwall
No probs with that here! Dats me Birfday!

Also, let's see... Need to finish Horizon, Witcher 3, Xenoblade X, Xenoblade 2, Mario Odyssey, Zelda BOTW DLC, some games about Dragons and questing or something....etc

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's fine by me because there is nothing worth a shit in March, but there is plenty of good stuff in January already.

This makes my purchase of Ni No II a no brainer even though I didn't play 1, because there's nothing to get in the way of purchasing it like Monster Hunter World.

NinjaCoachZ

Oct 26, 2017
This is literally making me mouth "No" at the screen over and over. I thought for sure that strategic bump to January would be it. :((((

Now I'm torn because it's away from Dissidia NT... but now it'd 11 from Yakuza 6. Argh. Please let this be a mistake...

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Nooooo! I need something to play in january while waiting for the Monster Hunter World PC version :(

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
No worries. That should give me enough time to 100% Odyssey and (maybe) finish XBC2.

Oct 25, 2017
Real bummer Yakuza 6 And mlb are my March games and if Gow releases than welp...

The crew 2 has my interest too

SheriffMcDuck

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointing for me to say the least.

Either it needs more work, which can go either way, or they're jockeying for a "more open" release window.

I hope it's not the latter because March-May is going to fill up real quick with dates. We don't have dates for God of War(rumored Q1), Spiderman(first half of 2018), Detroit(rumored February), RDR2, Project Octopath Traveler, State of Decay 2, and Far Cry is pretty darn close to that date.

Probably not too much overlap between NNK2 and those games, but for me I would be under duress if any game releases near NNK2 that I want to play.

I just want the game. :(

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I mean... Bandai Namco has 2 other games in January already, so moving one of them wouldn't be the worst thing.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was really excited for this till I realised familiars were gone. That was one of my favourite aspects of the last game :(

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand I wanted to play this game so bad, but on the other Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is out next month. So I need as much time to play that game as I need.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ugh.. I was really set for that date after being disappointed enough with the first delay out of this year. It really does seem at this point like they are expanding a bomba of all bombas and want to avoid any/all similar competition as a result, be it Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Monster Hunter World or Dragonball. Unless they're really expecting us to buy the "allow us to deliver the game to your expectations" again?

Really, really disappointed. The game will just go absolutely off of my radar now and that sucks considering that I adored the first one.

I can't help but feel like the game isn't getting anywhere near the treatment it may deserve if it lives up to expectations. Going dead silent for over a year, two meaningless delays and being a no-show as Sony's E3 conferences.

Bleh.