• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
Would have been an awesome holidays if it had released in Nov. like it was suppose to, was really looking to playing it by years end. Good thing XBC2 is still on track, I need my JRPG fix during Christmas break.

Deleted member 643

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
January currently looks like this (keeping NnK2 in its currently confirmed slot)

January 19th
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory
No no Kuni 2

Lost Sphear

Seven Deadly Sins

Monster Hunter: World
Dragon Ball FighterZ

Dissidia

So you've got a bunch of Japanese games all hitting within a two week window. That's just not good if you want these games to be successful. Especially something like NnK2. A sequel to a game in which Hino specifically noted that the chances of a sequel hinged entirely on how well it did in the west.

This word "stacked" being used so liberally in this thread regarding January and February. "Stacked" was releasing a game in the last three weeks, not in the same month as a few anime games, a download-only jrpg, and a Final Fantasy arcade port. Monster Hunter is maybe the only thing that is going to affect Ni No Kuni's sales if they are even targeting the same demographic. Ni No Kuni 1 sold well because people outside of usual anime/jrpg crowd bought it into it a bit, and I doubt the three people who are going to buy Seven Deadly Sins over it would affect its sales any more than releasing in March next to Yakuza 6 and God of War.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, this was going to be my only January pick-up - but I suppose Monster Hunter World would've taken all the attention away for most.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Yes please, I'm drowning in games and still haven't played the first. Take your time, let it cook.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's... Honestly pretty smart IMO. I want to buy in, but couldn't justify getting both this and MH World within a week or so of each other. Moving it to March might change that!

Deleted member 21693

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If this is true I'll get Xenoblade 2 this year instead. I don't mind waiting an additional couple of months for Ni No Kuni 2.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I just got an email correcting the release date back to January 19th.

Maybe they jumped the gun before the announcement, and were asked to change it back until the announcement is made?

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
I'm actually ok with this delay, as I have yet still to beat Persona 5, and will be awaiting Yakuza 6 in March along with when God of war releases. Let it wait, I have too many games to play so far that NI No Kuni II would get put on the back burner anyways.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Just got another BB email and Ni No Kuni release date reverted to 1/19/18

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if it's a, "better" date, but given how stacked January already was, this works for me. Also I think it was releasing the same day as Digimon Cyber Sleuth 2, which felt like Bamco kind of saturating that day with JRPG's. I could only imagine NNK2 would have hurt Digimon's sales.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Man...that kind of kills the one game I was actively looking forward to in January. I guess that just gives me more time to dig into my backlog.

Deleted member 15538

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
23e.gif

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Early 2018 was getting a little crowded, so the move makes sense, but it's still bad timing for me. Yakuza 6 launches the same month & I know for sure that's getting all my attention. Keep getting the feeling I'll just be waiting to pick this game up on sale over the Summer or Fall.

vertti

Oct 27, 2017
Too bad. Ni no Kuni II is probably my most anticipated game in Q1 2018.

Fortunately there is so much else to play that I think I can manage.

OP
OP
DreamsthatFade
Oct 25, 2017
The void
Now Best Buy sent another email saying that the release date was changed back to 1/19/17. I think the thread can be closed now. Best Buy is definitely not a source on release dates.

Deleted member 5593

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is no chance God of War is releasing in March. A game that expensive and massive will have a release date at least 6-7 months before its release.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Oh boy hopefully this ain't true. January is prefect for this one. I've been waiting a very long time for it.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
So we got Yakuza 6, God of War and potentially Spider-Man in the spring. Plus Ys VIII PC, Xanadu EX+ and maybe Cold Steel 2 PC all releasing in Q1 next year. And Vampyr just got pushed to Spring as well.

That's a whole lot of games. Once again Winter/Spring get quite busy.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
That's fine by me (if I stay interested in the game). I wasn't too crazy about the combat changes being made but I'll have to see more.

NinjaCoachZ

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like this probably is a Best Buy error after all. You'd think after this amount of time Level-5 and/or Bamco would have said something too. Hopefully we're off the hook for now.

There is no chance God of War is releasing in March. A game that expensive and massive will have a release date at least 6-7 months before its release.

After Uncharted 4, Last Guardian, and Gravity Rush 2 all got hit with last-minute delays weeks before they were supposed to be out last year, Sony is being a loooot cagier with release date announcements. We'll probably get one at PSX.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
No :(. But then again there's MH and DB FighterZ,,,

I'm getting FFXV flashbacks.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
I think June is probably a better release date than March for this game.

RandomAtti

Oct 28, 2017
I also got a second email from BestBuy saying the release date has been updated back to January 19 - phew! I have been looking forward to this one since it was announced, and I hope the January release sticks.