• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can understand the Tales game and the GRRM game not being there. But I don't know about a PS3 remaster considering Dark Souls is there.
The Switch version of Dark Souls is very close to the original version, rather than the remaster.

If we're lucky; it's a Skyrim situation where it may not be labelled 'remaster' but it is at least better than the original.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If it's just an upres it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for the Switch to get it's own weird SKU.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I joked about Switch getting late ports but this is like the exteme case
Bamco gonna Bamco

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
The remastered version is probably just a resolution bump, so the Switch not getting that likely isn't a big deal, though I think it's kinda dumb from a marketing standpoint.

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
If I could be arsed to open Photoshop I'd be shopping the hell out of the opening scenes of Death Note where Bamco Ryuk says he "dropped his notebook", MS fellow death gods ask "haha, where" and just goes "the internet" to everyone's unspoken ooooh fuck.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
I was just thinking about playing the second one for the first time as i got it and it went into the backlog lol. But now I gotta replay NNK1 for a third time! before playing 2. That is how good NNK1 is. Cannot wait. Maybe it will be in 4k :P

Hopefully. Definitely going to get it on PC unless they do a cool CE for PS4.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
The Switch version of Dark Souls is very close to the original version, rather than the remaster.

If we're lucky; it's a Skyrim situation where it may not be labelled 'remaster' but it is at least better than the original.

I hope so, to be honest. I haven't played the first one but I really want too.

Byvar

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in, though since my only experience with this series is the sequel and that left a bad taste in my mouth I might not buy it right away. Still, really cool that this is happening!

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
So to clarify: the Switch version is not called "remastered", but elements lead me to think it's just a marketing difference, not a content one.
Zhuge or others with the leak can see that too.

edit:

Yeah this.
But wouldn't the PS4Slim and XB1S version be vanilla NNK too then?

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the only difference from the PS3 version to the PS4 one is just the resolution then yeah, It makes perfect they won't call the Switch version "Remastered".

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Never got around to it on my PS3, and probably never would have outside of backward compatibility (ha!).

This release will remedy that.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
NI NO KUNI IS COMING TO XBOX

drSZnMi.gif

Edit: is not coming to Xbox are you fucking kidding me

Last edited:

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Super happy about this regardless. Hope it gets a second wind with this release, Xbox and Nintendo people should embrace the game, it's great 👍

Edit: this was made before the clarification about the Xbox One non-version. That's a bummer.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I tried getting into this game on ps3. Just wasn't that good imo. Cool for those interested though. I guess it's better than nnk2

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Ok, if they fix up combat, I am in. Love the game and my kids liked watching me play it. Now they are old enough to play it themselves. :).

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for not updating the OP but it's very hard right now. Here's how it seems to be:

- Ni No Kuni is getting rereleased on PS4/PC/NSW
- It's only getting an upscale.
- No specifics, but probably up to 4K on PS4/PC
- Fall 2019

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I only played a few hours of the first game and always meant to go back to it. Guess this is my chance to do so.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
So...
PC/PS4 - remastered
Switch - looks to be OG (just cause no 4k)
XB - none?

Bamco is so confusing lol

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for not updating the OP but it's very hard right now. Here's how it seems to be:

- Ni No Kuni is getting rereleased on PS4/PC/NSW
- It's only getting an upscale.
- No specifics, but probably up to 4K on PS4/PC
- Fall 2019

Nevermind about doing the Switch dirty. Xbox got fucked here.

Status
Not open for further replies.