• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Beautiful but mind numbingly dull "my-first-rpg" experience. Treats you like a moron in all honesty, but it was for kids so I guess it made sense.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I feel sorry for the Bandai Namco webmaster (and anyone else there)...may they live through the torment that will be wrought by these leaks

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes...?

I mean, Nintendo fans already got it on DS. Sony fans already got this on PS3. The last game didn't get that good of a reception so I doubt NnK2 brought in that many newcomers who would be interested in this. They are not adding anything new to this so that would bring back players who have already beaten the game last gen so.... I'm wondering who is this for.

I mean, yea, PC is a new platform for this game so maybe they think that's where they can get some good sells.

The first one had Studio Gibli helping out or just flat out doing the art work and story. They were not involved with the 2nd game. That actually means something to people. Plus there's a completely different battle system which I enjoyed a lot more in the first game compare to press square to win and fall asleep in the second game. It may not light up the charts but if they price it good I see it selling respectably for a niche JRPG. The first Ni No Kuni at least was a very good game with a nice story.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
This is great news! The gorgeous visuals deserved more than shitty PS3 resolution and anti-aliasing.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I own this on PS3 but didn't get that far as I hated the combat. I wish they'd touch upon that for the remaster.
Be turn-based or real time, not both at the same time geez

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Also, this is cool and all but I wonder what is Bandai Namco waiting to port all the HD Tales games to Switch? Graces, Berseria and even Xillia and Zestiria would be immediately bought.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The first one had Studio Gibli helping out or just flat out doing the art work and story. They were not involved with the 2nd game. That actually means something to people. Plus there's a completely different battle system which I enjoyed a lot more in the first game compare to press square to win and fall asleep in the second game. It may not light up the charts but if they price it good I see it selling respectably for a niche JRPG. The first Ni No Kuni at least was a very good game with a nice story.
I've finished the game, thought it was alright a little on the boring side for me personally. I think before NnK2 a lot of people wanted a new NnK game myself included, but after that getting a barebones remaster of the first game which was already a remaster of a DS game just doesn't feel like it'll do that good.

But again, I might be completely wrong here and the game might do great. I hope it does cause I wouldn't mind a new NnK if they can improve upon what they had with the first game gameplay wise and make the story a bit more interesting.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've finished the game, thought it was alright a little on the boring side for me personally. I think before NnK2 a lot of people wanted a new NnK game myself included, but after that getting a barebones remaster of the first game which was already a remaster of a DS game just doesn't feel like it'll do that good.

But again, I might be completely wrong here and the game might do great. I hope it does cause I wouldn't mind a new NnK if they can improve upon what they had with the first game gameplay wise and make the story a bit more interesting.

NnK2 was a disaster for them. There's no denying that. I'm thinking that this was cheap to bring rerelease and to test to see if this franchise isn't damaged enough to continue in the future. If this proves to be a success for them I think we will eventually see a Nnk3 with the first game battle mechanic. I could not get into NnK2 and sold it a day or two after it's release because it was so boring and easy so I can respect your criticism of the first game.

Also the Collecting and Battling of Monster might drive sales somewhat on the Switch just from its word of Mouth. They'll be some curiosity purchases at the very least on the Switch.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is one of the PS3 games I wanted remastered the most so I'm excited as hell to play it on the Pro. Sucks for Xbox fans who thought it was headed to the platform.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Bandai Namco can not miss the opportunity to put "For Nintendo Switch" at the end of a title.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I own this on PS3 but didn't get that far as I hated the combat. I wish they'd touch upon that for the remaster.
Be turn-based or real time, not both at the same time geez
Yeah, loved the game a ton (and generally would prefer atb/turn-based, especially with how rare they are nowadays), but I actually preferred the second game's combat a bit more.

Neat, I still own the collector edition that came with the book but I never got round to playing it but I can go for this on the Switch.
Yup, still got my sweet steelbook too.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I just slept like one hour and everything is leaked lmao.

Count me on Switch at a discount price

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
I never played either version of the original, but was under the impression that the DS version was dramatically different. What happens to that content now?

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
If this game came out years ago on PC i don't even think we would have even need a remastered. All I'm asking is for the game to support ultrawide. Then again i may get it for the Switch instead of PC. I rather play RPGs laying in bed now a days.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Brilliant! My plan to one day come back to this game was the only reason I still had my PS3 plugged in. Time to send it off to the attic.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Namco will have my money no questions asked if they can ship this with the spell book that was scalped to hell and back in the PS3 version.

Alpha_ulquiorra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is one of the PS3 games I wanted remastered the most so I'm excited as hell to play it on the Pro. Sucks for Xbox fans who thought it was headed to the platform.
I mean as long as Akihiro Hino is at Level 5 people shouldnt expect anything on xbox from level 5 after True fantasy online

Oct 25, 2017
Thank God those are Switch screenshots. I was getting worried the graphics weren't getting upgraded.

Really want to see the ps4 pro version.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
No Switch? ayyyyyyyyy LMAO

I think we need a version of the Switch of this image now:

window-wiiu.jpg
Err? No Switch you say?
D8fLyuwU8AAHCjr.png

Didn't they just mentioned that the Switch version won't get the "Remastered" labeled a.k.a. 4K version?

Switch is still getting a release means Switch owners won't get left out.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Err? No Switch you say? Didn't they just mentioned that the Switch version won't get the "Remastered" labeled a.k.a. 4K version?

Switch is still getting a release means Switch owners won't get left out.

My post was before the Switch confirmation. Just swap Switch for Xbox now.

Status
Not open for further replies.