• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
If this is an AR game that uses the camera to show Pikmin like all over your garden or whatever, that could be pretty cool.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
hyperventilating_fry_futurama.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I love Pikmin but it is so comical how little we've gotten since "Pikmin 4 is almost done"

but this does sound cool, will download for sure

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
This might actually show some promise as well as raise awareness for Pikmin. Color me curious.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Looking at the copyright in the footer of the official website:
nianticlabs.com

Pikmin Bloom - Make Every Step Count!

Grow your Pikmin, make flowers bloom, and keep track of your most precious memories, all through the simple act of walking.
unknown.png

Mii avatars on the world map commanding Pikmin?

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Niantic is a good fit for an AR Pikmin project.

It doesn't actually say these are games. Just "mobile titles" and "applications." Could be something more fitness orientated, which Pokémon GO was designed to be.

edit: The blog - "The app will include gameplay activities to encourage walking and make walking more delightful."

edit2: Here you go:

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I bet the game is going to involve putting small household objects in the grass and then your phone makes it look like Pikmin are carrying it across the lawn

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Think title should be updated that this is the first of a series of AR apps from Nintendo and Niantic with Pikmin being the first one.

Treythalomew

Oct 27, 2017
I can't hate, I still play PoGo nearly daily so Niantic can clearly make something that keeps people coming back. I als bust out the AR on PoGo more than I ever imagined I would. Between their improvements and the latest phones, the shots you can take are pretty good.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Since this is supposed to be the first in a series of mobile games, maybe they'll do something for Ring Fit Adventure that can connect back to the original game.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Travel the world and pick up trash and rubbish with the help of Pikmin, drop it off at your nearest "dustbin" rocket ship and to get in-game Picorats and make the world a cleaner place.

Hire me Nintendo.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Pikmin Lives Again. Even if it's vastly different than PoGo. Can't wait to see what it looks like