• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2021
FgZXmnFXEAMeVKf

View: https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1587052270151208963

Screenshot-2022-10-31-alle-13-06-09.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Spider-Vice

Oct 25, 2017
This is a pretty big loss in the gaming social media space, I wonder if it's something they had been planning for a while or if it's related to you know who taking over the social media platform.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
What a shame. His coverage was one of my main reasons to check Twitter daily.
It will certainly have an impact on my Twitter usage.

Käebi

Mar 12, 2019
Also closed his Patreon. I guess he took the other job offer. Good for him, but Nibel will be missed.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Never understood who this person was. Was he/she an Insider or a game reporter?

OP
OP
The_Iceman2288
Jun 20, 2021
They were an invaluable member of gaming/movie Twitter, I've had notifications set up for them for years. Always posting clear, no-bullshit news aggregation.

Käebi

Mar 12, 2019
Here is his patreon update. I hope he doesn't mind me sharing it.

Today, I will move on from both Twitter and Patreon. There won't be any games coverage from me on either platform.

I've learned a lot in a short period of time.

Unfortunately, I was not able to create an interesting and sustainable Patreon which is evident in the number of Patrons stagnating during the first weekend and the first (of many) pledges being deleted during the first week. I have miscalculated the value of my Twitter activity and realize that it is nothing worth supporting by itself for the vast majority of people. It is not me who is popular, but it is that work that is useful. It is not valuable by itself, but a comfortable timesaver, and I get that now.

I was unable to create a reliable revenue stream, but I'm still happy I gave it a shot. And I want to thank everybody on here who gave me a shot as well. I'll look into refunds for recent payments, have already deactivated the billing and will likely close this page this week. The Discord server is obviously not coming either. It is what it is.

Then there is the elephant in the room which is the platform itself. I don't think that Twitter has yet experienced good leadership, and this trend will not change with Musk either. I do not trust the platform. I do not trust Musk and his seemingly infinite immaturity. I do not think Twitter will fall apart instantly but that it could die a slow death. Why waste more time?

Anyway, I guess that's it. The last text I'm writing here! Guess I have less staying power than a lettuce as well 💀

Farewell,
Nibel

PS: the Twitter account will stay up so nobody can cause any issues with the handle, at least for now.

DannyVice

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, my absolute favorite twitter account. Hopefully he is alright! So thankful for his clear cut straight to the source gaming news.

Does anyone know any alternative? :/

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
What did Nibel and others even do? I always viewed them as aggregators or just one of the numerous outlets that would tweet the latest news

Dec 2, 2020
Looks like they just want to move away from gaming. Love the honesty in that they thought their name would provide a steady income on patreon but the reality is people who follow you on twitter for news etc do it to save themselves time and not because they value the individual or want to reward you financially.

Best of luck to them!

Status
Not open for further replies.