• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
This is a Youtube web series into the 40-year history of Nickelodeon, the first cable channel for kids that has been going on for about 2 years and has at present time reached the year of 1985.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've heard about this! I can't believe he's gotten bigger that his old Toonzone stomping grounds.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I love everything about this series. I'm just waiting to see if he can explain what the fuck's going on in Spartakus.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
That one is coming up real soon to boot, though the next official one is Curious George to kick of 1986.

Yeah, i was looking at that website he posted, which had all the dates shows premiered on Nick. I'm surprised Mysterious cities of gold (the one I'm not looking forward to) and Spartakus, and Ulysses 31 all premiered so late in the 80's. I was a little disappointed, but not surprised, that he's skipping the nick at night shows. I found the channel on accident, as I was doing a search for powerhouse (I watched it back in the 80s) and while I had found it earlier this year, I guess that was before he did his episode. I saw that it was longer then the other episodes I've watched, and thought "oh, maybe it's a combined episode with better quality" What I got was so much better than that. I spent the next few days just binging on the episodes (I think he was up to nick at night, or possibly the episode before that). Unfortunately, I'm caught up now, so I have to wait for him to drop an ep. 1986's is gonna be a good year for Nick Knacks. And judging by his view counts I can say wo things: a. Thank GOD for patreon, and b: This might be one of the best channels that almost no one's watching.

OP
OP
Shard Shinjuku
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Yeah, i was looking at that website he posted, which had all the dates shows premiered on Nick. I'm surprised Mysterious cities of gold (the one I'm not looking forward to) and Spartakus, and Ulysses 31 all premiered so late in the 80's. I was a little disappointed, but not surprised, that he's skipping the nick at night shows. I found the channel on accident, as I was doing a search for powerhouse (I watched it back in the 80s) and while I had found it earlier this year, I guess that was before he did his episode. I saw that it was longer then the other episodes I've watched, and thought "oh, maybe it's a combined episode with better quality" What I got was so much better than that. I spent the next few days just binging on the episodes (I think he was up to nick at night, or possibly the episode before that). Unfortunately, I'm caught up now, so I have to wait for him to drop an ep. 1986's is gonna be a good year for Nick Knacks. And judging by his view counts I can say wo things: a. Thank GOD for patreon, and b: This might be one of the best channels that almost no one's watching.
Time considerations are a hamstringing endeavor but he is doing some Nick at Nite shows like Mister ED and Donna Reed. Also there will be Nick at Nite updates.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I'm glad we get an actual episode for hocus focus. Does that just leave nickleflicks left as a show he hasn't reviewed? (barring the actual existence of loose change being proven at some point.) Apart from the shows he hasn't gotten to, chronologically, of course.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
His original QUBE and Nick at Nite videos are A+ stuff. The You Can't Do That on Television one was super insane. Good stuff.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm excited for Nicktoons, but I think I'm even more excited for them to get to the game shows. Guts, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Double Dare, Nick Arcade, Wild and Krazy Kids. It's gonna rock.

When they get to Legends of the Hidden Temple I'm gonna fall into a nostalgia coma. I'd be super into a revival of that show.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
and the two I'm most interested in after before that. YCDTOT might've saved nick, but double dare made it a success.

Last edited:

Firefoxprime

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I've heard about this! I can't believe he's gotten bigger that his old Toonzone stomping grounds.
Wow.

Do you remember his username on Toonzone? Is this the same guy who created the 'Nick amd More' website...?

Jeez, my first forum, ToonZone. Great times...it's called Super Hero Hype now.

OP
OP
Shard Shinjuku
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa

Nick Knacks 1986 in full: #048 - Curious George #049 - Zoo Family #050 - Rated K: For Kids By Kids #051 - The Donna Reed Show #052 - My Three Sons #053 - Mister Ed #054 - The Monkees #055 - Mysterious Cities of Gold #056 - Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea #057 - Double Dare

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Ugh, that means I have to wait even longer than I thought. I'm looking forward to the 50's sitcoms tho.

Wow.

Do you remember his username on Toonzone? Is this the same guy who created the 'Nick amd More' website...?

Jeez, my first forum, ToonZone. Great times...it's called Super Hero Hype now.

He isn't behind nick and more. In one of his videos, he talks about using nick and more's tv schedule for his master list of shows on nickelodeon in a way that makes it clear that he isn't behind it.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like he is getting faster putting these out, probably easier to find info and episodes the newer the shows are.

Deleted member 30395

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Thanks for posting, just subscribed and watched the first four vids. Looking forward to the late 80s/early 90s stuff!

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, it was basically inoffensively bland. I never watch it much. I love the Dick van Dyke show, and Dobie Gillis. I watched a LOT of nick at night back in the late 80's early 90's.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I just love this guys channel. the videos are great and he seems like a good egg.

He does. I think he's one of the most underrated channels on youtube. He deserves *way* more than 10k subs. I hope he sticks with it, and at least gets through the 2000s. But he's my go to channel now when I just want to have something on in the background. I'm really loving learning about the history of cable tv, through nickelodeon.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
The whiplash between him talking about the objective part of the Mr. Ed retrospective and him doing the subjective part is incredible. You almost get a feeling that he was going to love it and then NOPE.