• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Started watching these videos in order. Qube is such an amazing thing that's fallen into obscurity, and it's just so cool that By The Way went from a show we knew next to nothing about to having actual footage.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This seems like great second screen material. I used to fall asleep with Nick at Night on in the 90s.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been watching through these, and I'm continual impressed with the amount of work and research that goes into each video. It's a shame they don't get more views, you'd think this type of nostalgic look at 80's and 90's TV is exactly the type of channel that would be a hit on YouTube.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I've been watching through these, and I'm continual impressed with the amount of work and research that goes into each video. It's a shame they don't get more views, you'd think this type of nostalgic look at 80's and 90's TV is exactly the type of channel that would be a hit on YouTube.

I know, a show this well researched, and produced deserves *way* more subs. I think it's one of the most underrated channels on youtube.

KefkaPalazzo

Oct 25, 2017
I really love his old sitcom reviews. The behind the scenes details are interesting. The My Three Sons one was awesome.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017

I'm assuming once it gets to Nick Toons and more of what the late 80's / early 90's kids watched it will (hopefully) gain in popularity.

OP
OP
Shard Shinjuku
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
I'm assuming once it gets to Nick Toons and more of what the late 80's / early 90's kids watched it will (hopefully) gain in popularity.

Only a few of the touchstones that made Nickelodeon the channel that it is have indeed been featured. To wit, Poparena has announced there will be a kickstarter for Nick Knacks The Book launching alongside the Double Dare episode.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Out of those I only remember Adventures of the Little Koala, Sharon Lois and Bram's Elephant Show and Inspector Gadget, which was easily my favorite of the three

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I remember the bad new bears movie. Didn't know it had a tv show. I probably watched the shari show at some point, but I probably conflate it with the old lambchop show. Don't remember maple town, but I probably watched it. I know I watched the little koala, but am struggling to remember if it was different than noozles. Good old Sharon Lois and Bran. Don't remember 16 cinema, or Finders Keepers, at all. And of course, i remember Inspector Gadget. That should be a fun episode.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I remember the bad new bears movie. Didn't know it had a tv show. I probably watched the shari show at some point, but I probably conflate it with the old lambchop show. Don't remember maple town, but I probably watched it. I know I watched the little koala, but am struggling to remember if it was different than noozles. Good old Sharon Lois and Bran. Don't remember 16 cinema, or Finders Keepers, at all. And of course, i remember Inspector Gadget. That should be a fun episode.

Come to think of it I'm definitely confusing Little Koala for Noozles lol

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the first few and they're pretty great. I remember the Pinwheel block on Nick/Nick Jr so it was interesting to hear about that and QUBE.

The new stuff is getting to the point where I'm going to remember a lot of the shows. I definitely remember Double Dare premiering on the channel.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Spartakus was a show that haunted my dreams for years.

They aired it early Saturday morning a long long time after 1986.

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Finally got caught up yesterday. While I do understand that not every part of pop culture is worth preserving, it's still cool to see the more obscure shows people forgot about.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Finally got caught up yesterday. While I do understand that not every part of pop culture is worth preserving, it's still cool to see the more obscure shows people forgot about.

To be honest, learning about shows I've never heard has been far more interesting. Like, I kind of feel like I know about Double Dare, but learning about Standby lights camera action, or going great has been a lot more fun. I kind of wish I had been watching nick back then, but I didn't start till the late 80's, so we're finally getting into my era (the golden age)

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
It is the difference between covering a regular show and something like Donna Reed or The Monkees.

It's also possible he just likes cities of gold more, and doens't have to force himself to watch it, like the donna reed show. Also, it's one 39 epsiode series, rather than 400+ for lassie (not that I expect he watched them all, of course) or 200+ for Donna Reed (ditto)

OP
OP
Shard Shinjuku
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
I know Poppers had his issues with the cultural appropriation and pulp tropes but I am personally stunned how well Cities aged given that it is a relic of the 1980s.

Last edited:

CKT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 1, 2020
Love this series, took a break when we rolled into 2020 to let some episodes build up.